New Baka-Tsuki Android App: Development

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Thatdot7
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: New Baka-Tsuki Android App: Development

Post by Thatdot7 »

Hey Nandaka,

I am sort of on holidays and feel a little bored. Do you guys have any priorities for the app that you want done?
My coding may not be good, but I can at least try =D.

Cheers,
Thatdot7
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nandaka »

Thatdot7 wrote:Hey Nandaka,

I am sort of on holidays and feel a little bored. Do you guys have any priorities for the app that you want done?
My coding may not be good, but I can at least try =D.

Cheers,
Thatdot7
If you good with html and javascript, maybe you can create a page layout to simulate paging (currently, it is always scroll down).
Fyi, the bookmarking is based on the injected running number id on <p> tag, and if possible to make it work too with the paging layout.

If you good with java, maybe you can implement cancel feature on AsyncTask (both graceful cancel and forceful via abort thread).
Visit my blog for other applications.
Tiz
Astral Realm

Post by Tiz »

getting Disk ERROR I/O (CODE : 3850) been using for a month just fine until this massage pop up,anyone know how to fix this or why? thx in advance
mike211
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by mike211 »

Hi, I have recently move all the downloaded images files to a sd card. I have change the image location on bakareader and have also clicked on the relink images, but the problem I have is that the thumb images isn't loading on any novel I'll have downloaded, but when you click on it, the full size image appear.
I also found that once you refresh the contents, the thumb images would appears back to normal, but this trick doesn't work on those Abandoned Novels.
So Is there a way to relink the thumb from the save location? if there isn't would you consider adding that feature.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Tiz wrote:getting Disk ERROR I/O (CODE : 3850) been using for a month just fine until this massage pop up,anyone know how to fix this or why? thx in advance
Looks like the application cannot read the DB on the storage (some other app lock the file?). Is it always show up?
mike211 wrote:Hi, I have recently move all the downloaded images files to a sd card. I have change the image location on bakareader and have also clicked on the relink images, but the problem I have is that the thumb images isn't loading on any novel I'll have downloaded, but when you click on it, the full size image appear.
I also found that once you refresh the contents, the thumb images would appears back to normal, but this trick doesn't work on those Abandoned Novels.
So Is there a way to relink the thumb from the save location? if there isn't would you consider adding that feature.
Weird, the relink operation should get all contents from the db and relink it. Can you put a ticket on GitHub? https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReader-Android/issues
mystichead
Mikuru's Master

Post by mystichead »

here's an odd issue/bug
the extra content (stories/chapters) like for example in Log Horizon there is the separate web novel chapters section in the bottom
are not appearing on the app... like its not even registering them
i just noticed it lol since i thought i should start that series and went to look at its web page in the main baka-tsuki site

im not sure if this is an isolated issue or broader.... but i havent found other examples .. yet.. from the novel series it COULD affect
interests(In Order respectively):
Science, biases, girls, stories,anime/manga/novels, games, hard sciences, social sciences, psuedoscience, statistics, historical accuracy, myself, girls,statistics, gender/racial/group portrayal, Warhammer40k, boxing, biking, exercising, MYSELF,GIRLS & SCIENCE
acolyte
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

Hello, I've been ignoring this issue since a few updates ago.. But decide to report
The bookmark function in mine is not leading me to the bookmark spot anymore. I can bookmark but it doesn't lead me to the bookmarked spot.

Also, an issue that I get annoyed with but not fixable - I think due to navbar templates, every time a volume is added, the navbar updates and therefore the app thinks ALL volumes needs updating.. Then it flood the list of updated chapters and makes me miss actual updated chapters (I missed the DxD v17 update for example for a couple of days -_-)
Except if your app could somehow ignore the section under <noinclude>? Not sure if this is the actual issue but I noticed the affected novels tend to be the ones with Templates, like DxD, To Aru Majutsu no Index, and Baka to Test
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

mystichead wrote:here's an odd issue/bug
the extra content (stories/chapters) like for example in Log Horizon there is the separate web novel chapters section in the bottom
are not appearing on the app... like its not even registering them
i just noticed it lol since i thought i should start that series and went to look at its web page in the main baka-tsuki site

im not sure if this is an isolated issue or broader.... but i havent found other examples .. yet.. from the novel series it COULD affect

This is the expected behaviour, as the app only can tell if the those are novel chapter if the h2 element containing:
1. "_by"
2. "Full_Text"
3. "_Series"
4. "_series"
5. "Side_Stor"
6. "Short_Stor"
7. "Parody_Stor"

for alternate language, see this: https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReade ... g_info.xml

So, you need to ask the translator append the keywords, e.g. "Web Version by Mamare Touno"
acolyte wrote:Hello, I've been ignoring this issue since a few updates ago.. But decide to report
The bookmark function in mine is not leading me to the bookmark spot anymore. I can bookmark but it doesn't lead me to the bookmarked spot.
Try the new version?
acolyte wrote: Also, an issue that I get annoyed with but not fixable - I think due to navbar templates, every time a volume is added, the navbar updates and therefore the app thinks ALL volumes needs updating.. Then it flood the list of updated chapters and makes me miss actual updated chapters (I missed the DxD v17 update for example for a couple of days -_-)
Except if your app could somehow ignore the section under <noinclude>? Not sure if this is the actual issue but I noticed the affected novels tend to be the ones with Templates, like DxD, To Aru Majutsu no Index, and Baka to Test
I'm not sure about the navbar, but the app uses 'touched' attributes, which always updated when wiki cache is being purged.

Unless there is another key/timestamp to get the last update, then I don't have anything that can be used for comparing the timestamp.
Fyi, there is a timestamp based on recent changes, but this will cause additional query (?) to the API if I'm not wrong.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Change Log for 1.1.18
- Fix issue #148: relink image on thumb images.
- Fix Issue #147: saving external pages.
- Fix Prev/Next button on external pages.

Download link http://www.mediafire.com/download/7x9p6 ... e_play.apk
or get it from the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... k.lnreader

Source code: https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReader-Android
Issue Tracker: https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReade ... state=open
acolyte
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

Nandaka wrote:
acolyte wrote:Hello, I've been ignoring this issue since a few updates ago.. But decide to report
Try the new version?
Sorry, I posed the wrong question. The Bookmarks from the main menu works, but the Bookmarks On Chapter doesn't work.
EDIT: Let me correct that - If you are at the before the bookmark (e.g. top of page) the bookmark works. If you are past the bookmark (e.g. bottom of page) the bookmark doesn't work. Looks like it only looks in front but not behind?

Also, you have check boxes in the bookmark page, but the menu only said Invert Colors, Download List, and Settings. Can there be a Delete Selected too?
Also, for the updates list, could you put a Select All option? The use case is selecting all, then unchecking to keep some persist while deleting the rest.
Thanks!
jomkingal
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Haruhi Suzumiya (Series)*(Dropped), Sword Art Online*(Dropped), Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Highschool DxD, Hyouka, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Date A Live, Campione, etc.

Post by jomkingal »

Hi Nandaka! It's been a while since i last posted here. haha~ I'm still using BakaReader EX and love it! :) Anyway, I was hoping you could add an option for individual novels to have Hi-Res images downloaded. For example, i activated Hi-Res images for OreImo, OreImo will then have Hi-Res downloaded images, while when Date A Live is not activated for Hi-Res downloaded images, it will download normal images. haha~ Anyways, Thank you very much for this app and Good Luck! :D
Currently Reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, High School DxD, Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha.
Currently playing Majikoi! (series) *(at Chris Route), Dota 2.
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata(Hope to see this Light Novel here at Baka-Tsuki, <3 Kasumigaoka Utaha-senpai~)

I love Kawakami Momoyo~ <3
Iammike211
Astral Realm

Post by Iammike211 »

Hey Nandaka, the fix in #148 Relink function doesn't relink thumb image still doesn't work for me. It still showing a [?] where the thumb image was suppose to be.
I am not sure how to reopen the closed gihub page.
Last edited by yoyoyo5678 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: We all have problems with logging in -it is already known
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Iammike211 wrote:Hey Nandaka, the fix in #148 Relink function doesn't relink thumb image still doesn't work for me. It still showing a [?] where the thumb image was suppose to be.
I am not sure how to reopen the closed gihub page.
Hmm, that's weird... I've tested on my device by moving the save image path to new path and it works. Make sure you also change the save image location in the Settings -> Storage -> Images -> Image Save Location before running the relink process.
acolyte wrote:
Sorry, I posed the wrong question. The Bookmarks from the main menu works, but the Bookmarks On Chapter doesn't work.
EDIT: Let me correct that - If you are at the before the bookmark (e.g. top of page) the bookmark works. If you are past the bookmark (e.g. bottom of page) the bookmark doesn't work. Looks like it only looks in front but not behind?
Can you put it as a bug in github issue tracker? https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReade ... state=open
acolyte wrote: Also, you have check boxes in the bookmark page, but the menu only said Invert Colors, Download List, and Settings. Can there be a Delete Selected too?
Also, for the updates list, could you put a Select All option? The use case is selecting all, then unchecking to keep some persist while deleting the rest.
Thanks!
If you using android 3++ with action bar, the Delete Selected option should be in the Action Bar.
Last edited by Nandaka on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Minor change log for 1.1.18b
- Fix issue #148: relink image on thumb images.
- Fix Issue #147: saving external pages.
- Fix Prev/Next button on external pages.
- Update external page handler to handle redirect on blogspot (v.1.1.18b)

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tjnyo ... e_play.apk
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... k.lnreader
GitHub Issue Tracker: https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReade ... state=open
hpd
Astral Realm

Post by hpd »

Um, this is my first time posting here, I think ever since the latest update 1.18b was it ? at Jul 23, the apps became unusable.
I cannot read my existing novels nor adds info (add another LN to the watch list).
The error reads like this.

class
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConstraintException: novel_details.name may not be NULL (code19).

that happens whenever I tap on a title, and it instantly finishes the download with error(s).

Return to “Developers and Code”