Who should Tatsuya end up with?

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Who do you want Tatsuya to end up with?

Shiba Miyuki
14%
Saegusa Mayumi
55%
Mitsui Honoka
8%
Chiba Erika
5%
Kitayama Shizuku
2%
Shibata Mizuki
No votes
Sirius Angelina / Lina
6%
Ichihara Suzune
No votes
Fujibayashi Kyouko
1%
Ono Haruka
No votes
Yotsuba Maya
2%
Other Girl/Woman
1%
A Guy
0%
Nobody
2%
He and Miyuki spend the rest of their lives by each other's side (not "that" way)
3%

Total votes: 309

maqhusson
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Re: Who should Tatsuya end up with?

Post by maqhusson »

The point of hinting that Tatsuya is an Extra seemed to me to be to keep his and Miyuki's Yotsuba bloodline a secret until they wanted to. Naturally, since their siblings, the reveal about Miyuki would cause people to associate Yotusuba blood with Tatsuya as well; at that point, it'd be too hard to keep the secret, so I feel that they would only reveal Miyuki Miyuki's heritage when they feel it is best to reveal information about them both. At that time, since they would only hint about Tatsuya being an Extra, they wouldn't have done anything wrong. As for only the 28 Main Families and 100 Families knowing it, those families are the ones that have the power, and those families are the ones that would have the biggest problem with it. If they knew he was an Extra, they would feel that his power makes sense, and thus wouldn't get many ideas. Even if some non Family magicians got the wrong idea, they wouldn't be strong enough and would be crushed in their first attempt most likely, cementing Tatsuya's status as an exception even more. As for the spread of information, I'm pretty sure that the Yotsuba can handle that; their information control is top-notch. Furthermore, although Tatsuya may be called a disgrace because of him being thought of as an Extra, his power could still make sense with that lineage.

Even though I feel it could work, I don't think the author will go down this road, so meh >.>
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
Imladir
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imladir »

Ideally, it could yeah.
Problem is, they are not alone, and more and more people begin to know/have suspicions. I doubt they'll be able to go as far as graduation.
I'll bet it'll be known just after the next president election.
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

I feel like the main problem about him defeating the 10 families´ magicians is that the public opinion about this families being "the strongest" and "invinsible" is being shaken by it, therefore no matter what the 10 families think he is they need to do something to avoid doubts about their strength.

Anyway, I also doubt the author going this way. Most likely we can expect a big "CRASSSSH" by the end of their 2nd (or the beginning of their 3rd) school year, when thier being Yotsuba (and possibly also other secrets) gets out, which will completely seal this route.
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

I heard it said that Maya tells Hayama that Tatsuya and Miyuki only need to hold out until New Years. Apparently the 10MC and the assistant houses are going hold a meeting to determine what clans are in the 10MC. Inferring off of that at the meeting Maya might proclaim Miyuki as the heir. Although as I said this is something I heard someone else say and am not 100% sure if it's true
Imladir
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imladir »

I didn't read it myself, but I find it entirely possible.
I'm eager to see what the consequences will be!
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Mahesvara wrote:I heard it said that Maya tells Hayama that Tatsuya and Miyuki only need to hold out until New Years. Apparently the 10MC and the assistant houses are going hold a meeting to determine what clans are in the 10MC. Inferring off of that at the meeting Maya might proclaim Miyuki as the heir. Although as I said this is something I heard someone else say and am not 100% sure if it's true
Possible, it is said in v12, by Shippou, that it's only one year until the Ten master clans meet for the Selection Hearing. And in v13 Maya says, talking about the NSC:
Spoiler! :
"A flashy show like that last year would be worrisome. I'd wish he'd be at least more obedient *for six more months, until we greet the new year.*"
maqhusson
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Post by maqhusson »

I didn't think that the Yotsuba's would go down that road, I just thought it was a plausible situation, letting him be thought of as an Extra for a while. To be honest, I'm actually surprised that so few people know about them as of now, I thought it'd be a bigger issue at this point in their high school lives. Like Imladir, I'm also looking forward to what happens when people realize who the to actually are.
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
notwo
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by notwo »

Karu wrote:Frankly speaking...
Tatsuya needs someone with a strong personality to bring out his character... To make him feel exasperated, alive & human... :P
In that case, Mayumi is the best candidate...

Honoka is the candidate that had been sort of "endorsed" by Miyuki as she knew about Honoka's confession in "Summer Break" of Vol 5 but didn't object to it in any way. Honoka also knows about Tatsuya's emotion defect but is willingly to accept it & help. More ever, she has the Elements Bloodline which might or might not come in handy in the future depending on the author.
HOWEVER, she...
Just doesn't give me the impression that she will gel well with Tatsuya... :?
And if it isn't Mayumi, then i would rather have option "He and Miyuki spend the rest of their lives by each other's side (not "that" way)"... :wink:
It's just me? It seems that the author could be preparing Kasumi for this role. Strong willed, emotional, that "hate" (hate?) him for no reason. Quite a cliche hate to love change...
notwo
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by notwo »

nr42 wrote:Also I'm not implying they should make like an army. Just some experiments.
Dude you are a dangerous one!!! I hope none of my kin falls in your hands!!!
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

notwo wrote:
nr42 wrote:Also I'm not implying they should make like an army. Just some experiments.
Dude you are a dangerous one!!! I hope none of my kin falls in your hands!!!
Do they have any particular abilities that might interest me? Cause I think I've got some room in the basement. :twisted:
_estong_
Astral Realm

Post by _estong_ »

I THINK ITS MAYUMI.
WHY?
First in NSC Juumonji warn him that if he didn't join in 10 Master Clan maybe the 10 Master Clan destroy his peaceful life.
Spoiler! :
he already part of the Yotsuba Clan
Second in yokohama disturbance Tatsuya said in his mind
She's a barrel of laughs
in which give us a hints that Mayumi have the highest rate of Tatsuya's wife.
Spoiler! :
third Tatsuya favorite quote is
I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered.
but everything that has a chance to be found in other way.
Spoiler! :
fourth the postponed marriage arrangement of Saegusa and Youtsuba will be continued because of Tatsuya and Mayumi its better to be Mayumi and Tatsuya than Miyuki and Tatsuya (incest) :P
Spoiler! :
and last there are some events in Light Novel that when she saw Mayumi wearing swim suit in the mall Tatsuya feel embarrassed.
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

There's no indication that the embarrassment was anything more than being embarrassed because he suddenly saw an upperclassman in a bikini in a store.

And "She's a barrel of laughs" is really low on the indication bar.
If you consider that to be indications, than you can just as well find quotes of him getting annoyed at her behaviour.
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheRougeReader »

Tatsuya should end up with Miyuki hands down. It feels like Miyuki completes Tatsuya. They both compliment each other. Also it has been hinted in novel in the latter volumes that Miyuki might have something other than sisterly love for Tatsuya. And the most important reason as to why I cannot even begin to think about shipping someone else with Tatsuya other than Miyuki, is because no one else is good enough form her :D And in any case, in vol 13 a round about incest case has already occurred so why not a straight one :wink: Though Tatsuya x Miyuki pairing is most unlikely to happen.. I mean if oreimo can`t get a bro sis pairing then no LN can :| Oh and if you think Mayumi can beat Miyuki if it is for Tatsuya then dream on :P
"I don't desire anything more from him. I won't even ask him to accept my feelings. In the end... I guess, love is the only word I could use to describe it." Shiba Miyuki
Flash
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flash »

TheRougeReader wrote:Tatsuya should end up with Miyuki hands down. It feels like Miyuki completes Tatsuya. They both compliment each other. Also it has been hinted in novel in the latter volumes that Miyuki might have something other than sisterly love for Tatsuya. And the most important reason as to why I cannot even begin to think about shipping someone else with Tatsuya other than Miyuki, is because no one else is good enough form her :D And in any case, in vol 13 a round about incest case has already occurred so why not a straight one :wink: Though Tatsuya x Miyuki pairing is most unlikely to happen.. I mean if oreimo can`t get a bro sis pairing then no LN can :| Oh and if you think Mayumi can beat Miyuki if it is for Tatsuya then dream on :P
It was obvious.
Shtirliz74
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shtirliz74 »

TheRougeReader wrote:I cannot even begin to think about shipping someone else with Tatsuya other than Miyuki, is because no one else is good enough form her
Really? So you think Miyuki is better for Tatsuya that Mayumi? Do you remember that scene when Mayumi was "humiliated" by Tatsuya and in revenge forced him to eat a "delicious" cake? That one of the most epic scene in all novel. Nuff said.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”