Log Horizon

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Log Horizon?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 843

Dalam
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: CSR

Re: Log Horizon

Post by Dalam »

Still sucks that Yen Press got their greedy claws on a great series like LH. Now we'll never see anything come of it other than it languishing on the back burner for years.
Find me on Hongfire if you want to chat more about stuff here. =V
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

It's awesome that Yen Press got their hands on a great series like LH. Now I'll be able to buy a professional level translation of it in just half a year.
EDCX32
Astral Realm

Post by EDCX32 »

Well now I'll have to wait four years to read vol 8. But I don't know if I'll wait that long for continuation. I might end-up buying first couple of vol but given my current situation most probably I wont re-read those vol and after a year or so I'll stop caring about new volume altogether. I am glad that light novels are getting more recognition thanks to Yen Press but I don't believe what they are doing is such a good idea. In my opinion, in stead of aggressively licensing new popular LN Yen Press should focus more on releasing new volume more frequently. Well I am just ranting here.
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by stellarroze »

EDCX32 wrote:Well now I'll have to wait four years to read vol 8. But I don't know if I'll wait that long for continuation. I might end-up buying first couple of vol but given my current situation most probably I wont re-read those vol and after a year or so I'll stop caring about new volume altogether. I am glad that light novels are getting more recognition thanks to Yen Press but I don't believe what they are doing is such a good idea. In my opinion, in stead of aggressively licensing new popular LN Yen Press should focus more on releasing new volume more frequently. Well I am just ranting here.
If you can't wait, you could always learn Japanese. I'm sure you'll have a good grasp of it within four years ^^
swiftelf
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Too many.

Post by swiftelf »

stellarroze wrote:
EDCX32 wrote:Well now I'll have to wait four years to read vol 8. But I don't know if I'll wait that long for continuation. I might end-up buying first couple of vol but given my current situation most probably I wont re-read those vol and after a year or so I'll stop caring about new volume altogether. I am glad that light novels are getting more recognition thanks to Yen Press but I don't believe what they are doing is such a good idea. In my opinion, in stead of aggressively licensing new popular LN Yen Press should focus more on releasing new volume more frequently. Well I am just ranting here.
If you can't wait, you could always learn Japanese. I'm sure you'll have a good grasp of it within four years ^^
Not likely, depending on how you learn it, it can take a lot longer. I've studied it for 7 years and can barely read a couple hundred kanji.
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

I think it's a great idea that they are taking up these novels up. Means more support for the author and being able to have it translated properly. If you can't wait, Mamare Touno does put chapters first on his blog before submitting them for publication. Can use Chrome and have it machine translate the chapter for you.
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Log Horizon 2 anime

Post by shido »

Not a bad start for the new season. Pretty much picks up from where they left off.
kokuto
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kokuto »

If only there was a volume 7 pdf. But alas.

However, I hope DEEN doesn't screw up the anime.

They inflated Kanami's breasts.
God Ginrai
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Log Horizon 2 anime

Post by God Ginrai »

shido wrote:Not a bad start for the new season. Pretty much picks up from where they left off.
Are you kidding me? The pacing was horrible. All the suspense of what Shiroe was planning that we got in volume 7 was killed by showing that meeting with Kinjou in Akihabara beforehand. Not to mention, the end of episode 1 skipped straight to revealing a scene from the ends of volumes 6 and 7.

I can only pray that the rest of season 2 is not as bad as episode 1.

Btw, volume 8 should have come out by now. Is there any news on someone acquiring it so that it can be translated?

-God Ginrai
Gaki
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gaki »

Thanks for the work, great project... i want to know if there is a possibility to get the mobi version of the volume 7?
kokuto
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kokuto »

I feel that Studio DEEN is striking again.

May it not be too horrible.
Naeko
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by Naeko »

There is a subtle irony about people complaining having to WAIT years to read volume 8. That attitude implies that having read the fan translations of volumes 1 thru 7 has reduced their desire to purchase those volumes since their anticipation is directed mainly at volume 8 and not at the prior volumes. Lowered demand does translate (pun intended) into lower sales. I respect Skythewood's desire to stop translating LH.
Naeko
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by Naeko »

Mamare Touno was recently caught for tax evasion…. Will this negatively impact future Log Horizon publication? Will NHK (funded by taxpayer money thus the gov't) ever offer him another anime contract?

The Tokyo District Public Prosecutor's Office and the Tokyo Regional Taxation Bureau charged 41-year old Log Horizon and MAOYU light novel author Mamare Touno (real name Daisuke Umezu) and his intellectual property holding company m2ladeJAM (pronounced "marmalade jam") with tax evasion and violation of the Corporate Tax Law on Monday.

Touno allegedly failed to file 120 million yen (around US$996,438) in royalties from the printed versions of his MAOYU and Log Horizon novels for his income tax report in a three-year period ending last year. According to the prosecutor's office, Touno owes the Japanese government 30 million yen (around US$249,114) in taxes.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ion/.87083

http://zakitakubu.com/2015/04/13/maoyuu ... x-evasion/

http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASH48538QH48UTIL01J.html

http://www.sankei.com/affairs/news/1504 ... 16-n1.html
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, that seems bad...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Huh, do I see it right, that vol 10 was his last novel? - Did he write anything new after that?

It seems as if that tax evation trouble had a really bad impact... :cry:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Abandoned”