Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (bunko spoilers)

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheLaG
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (bunko spoil

Post by TheLaG »

crisisavatar wrote:Tatsuya can flash cast magic with up to 4 processes ( as far as we know ), meaning he can't wield the more difficult magic.
You are wrong here, this was said to Mizuki to keeping her from saying anything to others and make her not to dig any deeper in his aura/abilities, we still don't know how much processes he can do actually (and Tatsuya is really good at controlling/dosing info about him, to good...)
Guest2
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Guest2 »

TheLaG wrote:
crisisavatar wrote:Tatsuya can flash cast magic with up to 4 processes ( as far as we know ), meaning he can't wield the more difficult magic.
You are wrong here, this was said to Mizuki to keeping her from saying anything to others and make her not to dig any deeper in his aura/abilities, we still don't know how much processes he can do actually (and Tatsuya is really good at controlling/dosing info about him, to good...)
I don't think the info Tatsuya gave here was wrong, since the way I read it and with the details in v3, his conclusion was that she already found out about his skill but from her reaction he realised she didn't discover the truth. So he decides to sate her curiosity and tell her the truth of its limits to prevent her looking into the matter further. It was already too late to fabricate anything, but after panicking he soon realised she already had the wrong idea.

In v3 Tatsuya was thinking of burying the gunmen Mikihiko defeated but he explained linking move and separate magics would have been very difficult for him without a CAD. To workaround such difficulty he planned to use the magics separately from memory. Which indicates to me he only tries to memorise the single processes, and explains why his colleagues label it Single systematic Flash Cast in v4.
webant
Astral Realm

Post by webant »

I have a question that bothers me for quite a bit why did the yotsuba antagonise Tasuya in the first place. even if they hated him for unknown reasons and the power came only about trough expirementation antagoniseing him would only whiled negativ results for the familey asspaicly if there were able toinfluec his feelings. eighter they must have serfirly underestimated him or there expirimets with him were an extrime failure. there is also a third possibilty which seems absolutly out there if they goal is to creat an ultmativ magican they might antagonice him apurpose as to challenge him to distreu them. the credo of the fammely is afterall to creat the ultimativ magican and it is not unpressdente to sacrifce your self or maby in maya case the entire famile to achive that goal. so what I' asking what do you thing is the objectiv of tasyas tretment by the yatsubas in the first place. sorry for spelling mistakes I `m somewhat dislexic.
kandel
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kandel »

webant wrote:I have a question that bothers me for quite a bit why did the yotsuba antagonise Tasuya in the first place. even if they hated him for unknown reasons and the power came only about trough expirementation antagoniseing him would only whiled negativ results for the familey asspaicly if there were able toinfluec his feelings. eighter they must have serfirly underestimated him or there expirimets with him were an extrime failure. there is also a third possibilty which seems absolutly out there if they goal is to creat an ultmativ magican they might antagonice him apurpose as to challenge him to distreu them. the credo of the fammely is afterall to creat the ultimativ magican and it is not unpressdente to sacrifce your self or maby in maya case the entire famile to achive that goal. so what I' asking what do you thing is the objectiv of tasyas tretment by the yatsubas in the first place. sorry for spelling mistakes I `m somewhat dislexic.
its really simple... he wasn't born with strong affinity for magic which is essential for the yotsuba clan... kind of sad but it is what it is
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

He was unable to use regular magic and therefore useless to the Yotsuba. He couldn't be used as a bargaining chip or as an heir, since the abilities that he actually had, had to remain a secret. You could compare him to an atom bomb the Yotsuba had in their basement. It has no real use and you have to keep quiet about it, because if people know you have one, there will be repercussions and unwanted attention. The only use it has, is to really to make a huge statement.

So to try to make him useful, the Yotsuba did an experiment on him to implant him with an Artificial Magic Calculation Area. The goal being turning him into a real magician, with powers that can be used openly.
Theoretically the experiment was a success, since they succeeded in giving him regular magic power. But practically it was a failure, since his regular magic is so weak that it would be a huge embarrassment if he were linked to the Yotsuba and therefore they could still not make him part of the main House.
tacwarrior
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by tacwarrior »

nr42 wrote:He was unable to use regular magic and therefore useless to the Yotsuba. He couldn't be used as a bargaining chip or as an heir, since the abilities that he actually had, had to remain a secret. You could compare him to an atom bomb the Yotsuba had in their basement. It has no real use and you have to keep quiet about it, because if people know you have one, there will be repercussions and unwanted attention. The only use it has, is to really to make a huge statement.

So to try to make him useful, the Yotsuba did an experiment on him to implant him with an Artificial Magic Calculation Area. The goal being turning him into a real magician, with powers that can be used openly.
Theoretically the experiment was a success, since they succeeded in giving him regular magic power. But practically it was a failure, since his regular magic is so weak that it would be a huge embarrassment if he were linked to the Yotsuba and therefore they could still not make him part of the main House.
I believe The Yotsuba clan is gonna change big i.e from shrouded clan to an (open) Famous strong clan. and tat will be recognized as Yotsuba . This will happen when tat's work and identity comes to the light (being tarus silver, work on nuclear fusion etc). + look a Myuki's personality !!
よろしくお願いします !
Imladir
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imladir »

I'm not so sure.
Him not being recognized would have plenty of advantages.
Just imagine the others (great families and random people) thinking "poke, if they can afford to treat him like this, exactly how powerful are they?". And even if he's not recognnized officialy, he is still a Yotsuba: he'll do everything to help Miyuki.

I don't see a lot of advantages for the family to recognize him.
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

When Miyuki becomes the head, he'll get Hayama's function. So, recognized or not, he'll be the second most powerful person within the family. And the way Miyuki treats his word as gospel, all the others will have to fall in line too. As long as the siblings don't provoke Maya, there shouldn't be anybody in the family strong/influential enough to oppose them. And I don't see any benefits in letting the world know anything about Tatsuya, apart from him being the big scary powerful guardian of Miyuki. And I don't think the family will become that much more open. Miyuki might socialize more than Maya, but like hell they're going to give up their power network.
Imladir
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imladir »

In any case, another thing that should have a huge impact are the number of people associated in a way or another with the Yotsuba that performed splendidly in the 9SC...
Miyuki of course, but also Tatsuya (albeit not officialy, sure, but everyone in the know should be aware of the impact he had), Minami, Ayako, Fumiya...
They'll be a fearsome generation...

When all those relations to the Yotsuba are revealed, it'll piss off a lot of people that alrdeay think the Yotsuba are too powerful :lol:
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

:D Let's not forget that Tatsuya also kicked Ichijou's ass.
If a reject who's too weak to be excepted by the family is able to beat the scion of the fourth strongest family, that should make their opposition tremble.
tacwarrior
Kyonist

Post by tacwarrior »

Guys, guys, in volume 13 chapter 5

Maya says: "A flashy show like last year would be worrisome. I wish he'd be at least more obedient *for six more months, until we greet the new year.*"

What does it mean!!! will they reveal they are Yotsuba to the world or something?! Whats gonna happen next year? discuss: :D

____

about my previous comment: Of course they will keep their secrecy (power network) but unlike now they will probably be world famous (more like they will be feared and loved; Loved for Tatsuya's work. which may not be revealed now but when Myuki takes power she will make sure her brother gets all the credit. If your wondering why loved? its cause nuclear fusion power is like free clean energy. UNLIMITED POWER :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Anyone who creates that will be adored).

Even if the world knows about Yotsuba and tatsuya they cant do shit about it :lol: :lol:

(Off topic: will it be considered double post if you post comments/messages consecutively? cause the second comment which I made yesterday got rejected by admin for being double post though the contents were different :cry: :cry: ).
よろしくお願いします !
TheLaG
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

What does it mean!!! will they reveal they are Yotsuba to the world or something?! Whats gonna happen next year? discuss: :D
Nothing much, from what I know, soon must be meeting where new heads of clans are shown, probably Yotsuba won't directly say who is new head. But we also know that Yotsuba is clan which doing everything secretly, and don't show themselves in public, also, we know, that Tatsuya and Miyukin must stay silent about their origin till they graduate. This is kinda twisted, so, I whana see how Yotsuba will announce next head without showing Miyuki :D

As for Tatsuya, actually, he could be much better head that Miyuki, coz, he is good at doing things from the shadows, he is smart and powerfull, there might be such twist in plot, or, maybe Tatsuya will become something more that Head of Clan, like Head of all Master Clans or something similar, at least there is room for such thing.
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Wouldn't also being the head of a family take up to much of his time? While being the guardian of Miyuki, he can rule the clan in her name, but let her do the social/non-essential stuff. That way he'd still have time to spend on FLT, etc. He doesn't need to be the actual head, since anyone who'd protest about him to Miyuki would end up as a popsicle(if they're lucky).

Also it is known that after they leave high-school Miyuki will officially become the head, so maybe plans have sped up?
tacwarrior
Kyonist

Post by tacwarrior »

TheLaG wrote:
Nothing much, from what I know, soon must be meeting where new heads of clans are shown, probably Yotsuba won't directly say who is new head. But we also know that Yotsuba is clan which doing everything secretly, and don't show themselves in public, also, we know, that Tatsuya and Miyukin must stay silent about their origin till they graduate. This is kinda twisted, so, I whana see how Yotsuba will announce next head without showing Miyuki :D

As for Tatsuya, actually, he could be much better head that Miyuki, coz, he is good at doing things from the shadows, he is smart and powerfull, there might be such twist in plot, or, maybe Tatsuya will become something more that Head of Clan, like Head of all Master Clans or something similar, at least there is room for such thing.
Cant wait for that meeting! will it be shown in next volume Ancient City Insurrection (what does Ancient City Insurrection mean) ? so much to look forward to :D

Like nr42 said maybe plans have sped up ! OMG I'm loosing heads over tails. I got to get back to my 日本語 studies :mrgreen:
よろしくお願いします !
Imladir
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imladir »

tacwarrior wrote:its cause nuclear fusion power is like free clean energy. UNLIMITED POWER :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Anyone who creates that will be adored).
I don't really agree. Sure, a lot of people will love that.
But... But a lot of powerful people won't like having their profits taken from them (those that sell current energy) ; a lot of powerful people will want to use this for their own political agenda.

And I don't see Tatsuya as anything public. He doesn't like this kind of stuff.
TheLaG wrote:As for Tatsuya, actually, he could be much better head that Miyuki, coz, he is good at doing things from the shadows, he is smart and powerfull, there might be such twist in plot, or, maybe Tatsuya will become something more that Head of Clan, like Head of all Master Clans or something similar, at least there is room for such thing.
I don't think so. Sure he's smart, but Miyuki isn't dumb either (well, except where Tatsuya is concerned anyway). And she's certainly no pushover when it comes to power. But she has a quality that Tatsuya lacks: she's able to make anyone like her. Sure, a clan head doesn't need it. But a clan head that can be loved... Well, he could probably go much farther than any other one...

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”