DOWL Masters ( ドウルマスターズ) by Satou Tsutomu

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do You Wish To See This Novel Series Translated?

Yes
100%
No (Explain Why)
No votes
Maybe
No votes

Total votes: 48

Enact
Astral Realm

DOWL Masters ( ドウルマスターズ) by Satou Tsutomu

Post by Enact »

This is now the feedback thread for the DOWL Masters project.

----

Since Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is gaining more and more populairity in both japan and overseas, I thought it would be nice to bring to attention the fact that the author,Satou Tsutomu, has started a new series with Dengeki Bunko that was not previously published on the web (Which would mean that this is his Accel World to his Sword Art Online, for those who are fans of that author as well), called DOWL Masters. It's a sci fi mecha space opera series in the vein of Gundam or the currently airing Aldnoah Zero, and the synopsis for the series is as follows:

"The novel series takes place in the year 2400, where the world is controlled by the "Solar System Alliance." The reason the Alliance was able to take control is because they wield mobile weapons. Those humanoid weapons use "Cyclonics" electric chips that convert the superpowers and wisdom bequeathed to mankind into interference power. These humanoid weapons which amplify their pilot's psychic powers are called "Titanic Dowls," or just "Dowls" for short. Dowls do not lose to other weapons, and are part of the Solar System Alliance's unit, "SOFEA," who keep the world under the Alliance's thumb.

However, this will soon change when two Dowl Masters—Aoi Saotome and Reine Ward Takajo—have a fateful meeting at a high school in an aerial city."

As of July 10, 2014, only one volume has been published, but it looks like it's going to be another long and detailed work, since Mahouka already has an end point (It's been stated in interviews that the series will chronicle all 3 years of high school) and this seems to have a lot of potential to grow into something very, very awesome.
Flash
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: DOWL Masters ( ドウルマスターズ) by Satou Tsutomu

Post by Flash »

I would like to read this one. Who is the illustrator?
Imladir
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imladir »

Seems interesting, I would love to read it.
kiwa
Astral Realm

Post by kiwa »

Flash wrote:I would like to read this one. Who is the illustrator?
The illustrator is tarou2.
icehism
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by icehism »

I would love to see this series get translated as well. Heard Volume 2 is coming on on december 10th.
kyuudere
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kyuudere »

hope this get translated soon, need better scanlation though.
Nero12
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel: Index,Mahouka,

Post by Nero12 »

Hi there! I've decided to take up on translating this LN here-https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing. though im much slower as this is my first project ever. :D
Translating DOWL Masters (New LN by Mahouka Author Sato Tsutomu here-https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing. (*ahem slowly)
Flash
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flash »

Nero12 wrote:Hi there! I've decided to take up on translating this LN here-https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing. though im much slower as this is my first project ever. :D
Thanks for this. But why not host it on BT?
Nero12
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel: Index,Mahouka,

Post by Nero12 »

Flash wrote:
Nero12 wrote:Hi there! I've decided to take up on translating this LN here-https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing. though im much slower as this is my first project ever. :D
Thanks for this. But why not host it on BT?
I will..too lazy to do so actually...another has offered to make the page in my stead so it should be done sooner or later..
Translating DOWL Masters (New LN by Mahouka Author Sato Tsutomu here-https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing. (*ahem slowly)
Umini
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Umini »

Wow, I hadn't noticed that you were translating the chapters elsewhere, are you aware that a different translation of chapter 1 was uploaded by CannibalCat (who has made it clear not to expect updates)? If so, you should let him know that you're ahead so your chapters don't overlap. I edited his chapter 1 to match your chapter 0 before knowing about your translations on Google Docs and corrected its typos, but I still believe you should upload yours at some point for consistency's sake, since the text flows more smoothly that way. Thank you for translating this great series and also to CannibalCat for his version :D
Last edited by Umini on Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
cannibalCat
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cannibalCat »

Hi and thankyou Umini for editing my mess up grammar. Regarding the difference between his TL and mine. The truth is half way through my TL of c.01 i found out that he'd already TL the chapter, however our interpretation of some kanji are difference and as i've seen that his last update was almost a year ago i decided to finish the chapter on my own. I have my own version of c.00 but i don't want to repost mine over his, cus it would look bad(?) also i've start tl c.02 i don't know when i'll finish it though.
Umini
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Umini »

Alright, as long as you're still working on it, I guess there won't be consistency issues on further chapters posted; I'd assumed that you were only posting one chapter and didn't plan to work on later ones, so I'd found it more efficient to have him post his already completed version, not because I'd found any problems in your translation. Regarding the editing, don't worry about it, I enjoy editing text (plus 99% of it was simply switching to past tense) and your translation let me keep reading this great novel :D If you upload any other translations, I'd be happy to read them.
cannibalCat
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cannibalCat »

Hi, I came here to report that i have posted Chapter 2.
Also I must apologise to Mr. Umini as it would seem that I was confused with the aplication of ['s] so there are place that i miss used them and i must make changes to what Umini has edited, but i'll do that in the evening.
I also wanted to change the japanese hybrid for mat to that of a western one, so will be stop use [] and use "" or '' instead.
cannibalCat
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cannibalCat »

Also If Mr. Umini want to edit my transation, could you pls keep the part where is it a general knowlegde in present simple?, for Ex. There type name is Wang fu, but you had change it into there type name was Wang fu. I do not know which one is correct but I feel that it is more approrpiate for it to be in present simple since that infomation is still in use as in thier type name has not changed, they are still wangfu. but the part where it is action and i used present simple, which you have changed into past tense is correct and i have adopt that form in my transation of chapeter 2, but there maybe somne mistakes i over looked.
I have also decide that i will not use shorten form of word. like he's/can't/he's because 's could mean so manythings. So from now on 's will only use for indicate possesion(?) in my translation.

Thankyou.
Umini
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Umini »

Sorry for the late response, but I'm recently not in the habit of checking the forum since it's a bother how it keeps requesting that I change my password (in fact, I also somehow managed to overlook the new chapter in the recent changes page, thanks for letting us know).
On that subject, I was actually wondering on how to phrase those sections (the general knowledge ones), so it's great to receive the translator's opinion on the matter. Also, I'll be sure not to add 's (great decision) to keep it more formal-sounding. Thanks for chapter 2, cannibalCat! Loving the novel :D

Return to “Teaser Feedback”