General Forum FAQ

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

General Forum FAQ

Post by KuroiHikari »

What does BT do?
BT administrates the processes of projects, as well as hosting them.
BT does not get directly involve in the translation processes or any other processes.
Can BT translate XX?
BT does not translate anything.
BT does not get directly involve in the translation processes or any other processes.
When will XX come out?
BT doesn't know.
You may check with the respective translator registered, however, you wouldn't want to irritate them over something like this.
Is XX being translated?
BT doesn't know.
You may see if there are registered translators to XX. If there are, it may be active or they might have gone MIA. You can also check their contribution page to see if they were active recently.
Are there other language translated novels?
BT rules do not prevent the translation of other light novel-styled novels of other languages(eg. KR, CN).

For getting started: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... ng_Started
Do ask any question here and I'll try to address them. PM me if it's something more trivial.

If this looks locked, click here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10428
JudokaLilly
Astral Realm

Re: General Forum FAQ

Post by JudokaLilly »

Does the community allow projects for 18+ translations? I am working on translating an adult visual novel from Japanese to English and would love to post my project here, but not if it's against the community guidelines.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hm, I think there was a rule for that too, but maybe its a little different for a visual novel since there are already some 18+ VNs in the wiki.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

I think the general interest is aligned towards having non 18+ content. The exceptions are the VNs that were here before the rules were properly drafted.

Return to “General Help”