Mahouka Volume 14 Unrest in The Ancient Capital

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

L_rz
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: MKnR

Re: Mahouka Volume 14 Unrest in The Ancient Capital

Post by L_rz »

Guys... as a heads up:
Spoiler! :
to prevent excessive F5... I'm not sure I'll be able to upd 3.2 today. I think tomorrow.
L_rz
Mikuru's Master

Post by L_rz »

Updated 3.2...
Spoiler! :
... :mrgreen: ugh! Lots of sites and shrines descriptions. Kind of said "If I see another shrine or deity description" I'll go crazy! :lol:
This time, I'll go for 2.1 (ETC same).
Rezel
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka, Mondaiji, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Post by Rezel »

L_rz wrote:Updated 3.2...
Spoiler! :
... :mrgreen: ugh! Lots of sites and shrines descriptions. Kind of said "If I see another shrine or deity description" I'll go crazy! :lol:
This time, I'll go for 2.1 (ETC same).
Err... ch2 already TLed, isnt it?
Ru translator/editor for Mahouka and Mondaiji
L_rz
Mikuru's Master

Post by L_rz »

Rezel wrote:Err... ch2 already TLed, isnt it?
No Ch2. See my initially proposed BD of Ch3, Part 2.1
IndividualEleven
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by IndividualEleven »

L_rz wrote:
Rezel wrote:Err... ch2 already TLed, isnt it?
No Ch2. See my initially proposed BD of Ch3, Part 2.1
Isn't Vol 14 fully translated already except the Afterword? Just curious cause it looks like it is but you are saying you are working on 3.2 and 3.3...
L_rz
Mikuru's Master

Post by L_rz »

IndividualEleven wrote:Isn't Vol 14 fully translated already except the Afterword?
何に!!? まさか!! (Naaaaniiii!!? Maaaasaaka!!) = Whaaat!? It can't be !!

I just checked BT page on Ch3 and I see there only Part 1. (6 pages) by Sashiko.
Spoiler! :
Chapter is 67 pages and 4 parts: Part 1, 6 pages, Part 2, 16½ pages, Part 3, 37 pages, Part 4, 7 pages. I started working on parts according to my proposed BD (see my previous post for the link), assuming that Seitsuki was working on Part 2... but now that is time to work on Part 2, I decided to work Part 2.1.
If you found Ch3 complete all pages already translated to English (not Bad or Lousy Engrish as the Googled version of the Chinese page), can you please post the link in jcafe? Or here as spoiler. For V14 Ch3, I don't think BT moderators would mind...
IndividualEleven
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

L_rz wrote:
IndividualEleven wrote:Isn't Vol 14 fully translated already except the Afterword?
何に!!? まさか!! (Naaaaniiii!!? Maaaasaaka!!) = Whaaat!? It can't be !!

I just checked BT page on Ch3 and I see there only Part 1. (6 pages) by Sashiko.
Spoiler! :
Chapter is 67 pages and 4 parts: Part 1, 6 pages, Part 2, 16½ pages, Part 3, 37 pages, Part 4, 7 pages. I started working on parts according to my proposed BD (see my previous post for the link), assuming that Seitsuki was working on Part 2... but now that is time to work on Part 2, I decided to work Part 2.1.
If you found Ch3 complete all pages already translated to English (not Bad or Lousy Engrish as the Googled version of the Chinese page), can you please post the link in jcafe? Or here as spoiler. For V14 Ch3, I don't think BT moderators would mind...
Ohh okay now i see i just looked at your link and realized that Vol 14 Ch3 is 4 parts and Part One has only been uploaded. Thats my goof there lol. So is Part 2,3,4 the only thing left needed to be translated for Vol 14 to be complete or is there more to the other Chapters?
L_rz
Mikuru's Master

Post by L_rz »

IndividualEleven wrote:So is Part 2,3,4 the only thing left needed to be translated for Vol 14 to be complete or is there more to the other Chapters?
Well...
Spoiler! :
On Ch3, Parts 3.2 to 3.5 and Part 4 are complete, Part 3.1 is about at 40% progress, and I just started 2.1 (ETC about 4 to 7 days). The afterword is also missing, but that's just 1 page and a half. The other chapters are complete.
IndividualEleven
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

L_rz wrote:
IndividualEleven wrote:So is Part 2,3,4 the only thing left needed to be translated for Vol 14 to be complete or is there more to the other Chapters?
Well...
Spoiler! :
On Ch3, Parts 3.2 to 3.5 and Part 4 are complete, Part 3.1 is about at 40% progress, and I just started 2.1 (ETC about 4 to 7 days). The afterword is also missing, but that's just 1 page and a half. The other chapters are complete.
Thanks for that. Appreciate it.
L_rz
Mikuru's Master

Post by L_rz »

Updated 2.1...
Spoiler! :
This is the meeting of Tatsuya and Retsu. It was pretty straightforward, just a "sudden from nowhere" jump to the point, acceptance, and that's it...
I could have finished earlier but this Easter was for me to catch up on 25-chapter Fall'14 and 13-chapter Winter'15 Anime, so I marathoned some...
Onto 2.2 (ETC same).
jalamaya
Astral Realm

Post by jalamaya »

L_rz wrote:Updated 2.1...
Spoiler! :
This is the meeting of Tatsuya and Retsu. It was pretty straightforward, just a "sudden from nowhere" jump to the point, acceptance, and that's it...
I could have finished earlier but this Easter was for me to catch up on 25-chapter Fall'14 and 13-chapter Winter'15 Anime, so I marathoned some...
Onto 2.2 (ETC same).
Very nice!!
Erbrah
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Erbrah »

L_rz wrote:Updated 2.1...
Spoiler! :
Onto 2.2 (ETC same).
Are part 2.2 and the afterward, the only thing missing for vol14 to be done?

Sorry I'm a bit confused because not sure where part 1 is then.
L_rz
Mikuru's Master

Post by L_rz »

Erbrah wrote:not sure where part 1 is then.
Part 1 is in BT.

When I'm done with 2.2...
Spoiler! :
I'll help on complete 3.1, then the AW.

I haven't set some highlighted areas lately because now when I'm not sure, I Cross-Check with both CH and KR TLs. When the AW is completed, I'll do this same CC on the whole text, then update the BT page with the text.
On the other hand, I see that there are some other missing things for the whole volume text page to be completed, like:
  • the links to the images... Can someone please help with those on other chapters meanwhile?
  • Editors can also check/fix the other chapters meanwhile... For example, in Ch5, there are 2 calls for Miya, where it should be Maya.
  • In addition, we need the build of the whole text page...
Spoiler! :
I can do it, but I have to see how each thing it's done, so it'll also take time...
Come on guys! This is the last volume and we're allowed to complete it. Let's do it right.
IndividualEleven
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

L_rz wrote:
Erbrah wrote:not sure where part 1 is then.
Part 1 is in BT.

When I'm done with 2.2...
Spoiler! :
I'll help on complete 3.1, then the AW.

I haven't set some highlighted areas lately because now when I'm not sure, I Cross-Check with both CH and KR TLs. When the AW is completed, I'll do this same CC on the whole text, then update the BT page with the text.
On the other hand, I see that there are some other missing things for the whole volume text page to be completed, like:
  • the links to the images... Can someone please help with those on other chapters meanwhile?
  • Editors can also check/fix the other chapters meanwhile... For example, in Ch5, there are 2 calls for Miya, where it should be Maya.
  • In addition, we need the build of the whole text page...
Spoiler! :
I can do it, but I have to see how each thing it's done, so it'll also take time...
Come on guys! This is the last volume and we're allowed to complete it. Let's do it right.
I agree. Vol 14 is almost complete and i think since its going to be the last post for MKnR on BT we should give it a good send off. I personally can't wait for it to be finished and download the PDF.
Slinkey
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Slinkey »

Just created an account, to let you know how much I appreciate all the hard work you guys have put into this LN.
It is sad, that you guys are not able to finish the entire series. But I am sure all of us are happy that it got licensed. Might take a bit for them to catch up, but it will be worth the wait.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”