Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

AP24
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry

Post by AP24 »

I checked the raws and here's how the name changes.

In vol 6, the first time it was mentioned the kana reading was "バハムートウル (Bahamut Soul)" and then after that it is "バハムートウル (Bahamut Howl)". After the first one the word "Soul" was never used again and it's been "Howl" since then. Also, the kanji used for the word "Howl" in Vol 6 was "咆吼" but starting from Vol 9 the kanji used is "咆哮", although they both mean the same thing.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

AP24 wrote:First time it was mentioned in Vol 6 the kana reading was indeed "Bahamut Soul", but then the second time it was mentioned and after it was changed to "Bahamut Howl"
Upon checking, you are indeed correct. Back to Howl it is.
AP24 wrote:Also, the kanji used for the word "Howl" in Vol 6 was "咆吼" but starting from Vol 9 the kanji used is "咆哮", although they both mean the same thing.
None of this matters until someone explains to me what any of it has to do with Bahamut, the giant fish of Arabic mythology who supports the Earth on its back. After research, I think that this should actually be Behemoth, from Hebrew literature, whose name comes from Bahamut and who has a roar that frightens and pacifies wild beasts.

But let's face it, it's most probably referencing Final Fantasy.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

In five months, I have memorized all 2136 kanji of the jouyou kanji list. Now I can kind of read Japanese!

Empirical measurements suggest this will not help me translate faster.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Frozen has started posting volume seven, so I've started linking them on the wiki.
SpadeAce
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by SpadeAce »

KLSymph wrote:Frozen has started posting volume seven, so I've started linking them on the wiki.
Uhu! Congratulations to him! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

An update on volume seven: after reconsideration by Frozen's Lazy Blog, instead of linking to the blog translation posts from the project wiki page, we will instead post a separate copy on the wiki so that I can edit the chapters on the wiki in accordance with existing project formatting and quality standards. This was agreed upon as the most convenient way to have the best of both worlds, since trying to fit in my edits would greatly complicate their translation workflow. Frozen's Lazy Blog will still be properly credited for the chapter translations, of course.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Volume 7 Character Profiles wrote:

HAGUN ACADEMY WALL NEWSPAPER
Character Topics ___ Writer • Kagami Kusakabe

Ikazuchi Saijou

■ PROFILE
Affiliation: Hagun Academy, Year Two Class Two
Blazer Rank: C
Noble Art: Crescendo Axe
Nickname: Destroyer
Personal Summary: Student council secretary

Attribute chart (starting at far left, going clockwise)
Physical Ability: C
Luck: D
Offensive Power: A
Defensive Power: D
Magic Capacity: D
Magic Control: E

Kagamin Check!
The ability belonging to Saijou-senpai, fourth strongest in Hagun Academy, is the accumulation of attack power. The more he swings his horse-cleaving blade, the more power is added--it's a very easy ability to understand and use, isn't it? But that simplicity is also a weakness since the ability is hard to apply in actual battle.
AP24
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AP24 »

Vol 5 epilogue is actually intermission, you might want to change that for consistency.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

That is true, but like the volume five "Puppeteer" thing, I must delay that change to when I have a chance to proofread volume five in general. Part of the reason is because when you change the name of a chapter, apparently it causes the Baka-Tsuki smartphone app to duplicate a chapter in a project (see Rakudai's volume six on the app, where I made a similar change to chapter numbering and titling). I suspect this has to do with how Baka-Tsuki maintains the previous chapter name in order to not break links, but I'm not familiar with the smartphone app's way of handling project updates. The result is very undesirable, so I have to weigh it against the benefit of being marginally more accurate.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Byakuya Jougasaki

■ PROFILE
Affiliation: Bukyoku Academy, Year Three
Blazer Rank: C
Noble Art: God Hand
Nickname: Eye of Heaven
Personal Summary: Last year's Seven Stars Sword-Art Festival second place

Physical Ability: D
Offensive Power: D
Defensive Power: D
Magic Capacity: D
Magic Control: C

Kagamin Check!
His personal attributes aren't high, but since the Seven Stars Sword-Art Festival has a ten-count ring out rule, his teleportation ability "God Hand", which can freely move objects that he locks onto, gives him power on the level of an ogre. If he teleports an opponent INTO ROCK, then few if any of the contenders would be able to a thing. Senpai was right to use Ittou Rasetsu from the start, I'd say.
AP24
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AP24 »

Frozen already released Vol 7 Ch 9 over a week ago, does it take long to proofread it?
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Baka-Tsuki forbids asking when chapters will be released. In keeping with the spirit of that rule, I cannot give an answer, so please refrain from this form of question.
AP24
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AP24 »

Actually I was more like asking if you didn't know that Frozen already released the chapter, but it turns out you already knew. So I guess even proofreading a chapter can take weeks.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

I was aware, but thank you for trying to remind me anyway.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Sara Bloodlily

■ PROFILE
Affiliation: Akatsuki Academy, Year One
Blazer Rank: C → A
Noble Art: Purple Caricature
Nickname: Bloody Da Vinci
Personal Summary: Rumored to be a certain famous painter...?

Physical Ability: F
Offensive Power: C
Defensive Power: F
Magic Capacity: A
Magic Control: A

Kagamin Check!
A member of Akatsuki Academy, who revealed her true power in the second round of the Seven Stars Sword-Art Festival. Using an outrageously all-purpose Noble Art that manifests one's mental images, she's a difficult opponent that tormented Sword Eater and the Crownless Sword King, right?
It's just that even this Noble Art isn't totally all-purpose; since it only creates what she imagines, it can't draw things that go beyond her imagination. She tried to cover that weakness in her painted composition, but Senpai noticed the defect in that composition and ended up taking the win. That's Senpai for you!

Return to “English”