Yume Nikki

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Yume Nikki"?

It was good! Please do more!
95%
It was interesting, but the translation/editing could be better.
5%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 40

DreamlessWindow
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Yume Nikki

Post by DreamlessWindow »

tsuzuki wrote:I can't find it neither in the teaser page nor the LN list...But I'm very curious :)
Here. It's still pending of approval from the staff to appear in the LN list.
tsuzuki
Mikuru's Master

Post by tsuzuki »

DreamlessWindow wrote: Here. It's still pending of approval from the staff to appear in the LN list.
Thank you very much. i'm going to read it :)
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Added teaser tag, to be easy to people find it. :wink:

Okay, it's only me or this option of the poll feel a little awkward?
Call me Nurin!

tsuzuki
Mikuru's Master

Post by tsuzuki »

How much volumes are (just one)? If more then one volume is this LN serie complete or still ongoing?
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

tsuzuki wrote:How much volumes are (just one)? If more then one volume is this LN serie complete or still ongoing?
This is a one-shot LN, so it's already complete.
Nura rihan wrote: Okay, it's only me or this option of the poll feel a little awkward?
Nah, some people can feel that way, so it's okay. People have only voted for "It was good" till now, so that's good news. :lol:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

DreamlessWindow wrote:I plan to finish translating the second one today too, so I don't think I'll have a problem with the one week deadline.
Hm, wasnt the ususal deadline one month?

Btw. its true that when the chapters are too short a project would need more than one chapter to get the approval for full project, though teaser projects do not have that problem. ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Darklor wrote: Hm, wasnt the ususal deadline one month?
No, it was one week as stated here. Though the deadline does not apply anymore so no use discussing about it. :mrgreen:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hm, I wonder if that was changed - I mean I had a month in my mind...
Rohan123 wrote: Though the deadline does not apply anymore
Nowhere or just for this project?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
fandom
Astral Realm

Post by fandom »

Looks very interesting! And I like one shot novels better than longer one. haha. Will be waiting for updates! Thanks! :)
Ruckkus
Astral Realm

Post by Ruckkus »

Wow why haven't more people voted for this!? Really great, I saw the manga on kiss manga, then downloaded the game and almost jump out of my chair when I saw there was a light novel trying to be translated on baka-tsuki. Hope this ends up getting translated, thank you so much for translating! :D :D :D
handsfeet
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by handsfeet »

Thanks for translating this novel, it´s great and I´ll be looking forward to any updates! :D
amanitashreds
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amanitashreds »

Hi. I'm currently working on the translation of the Yume Nikki novel, translated from its Chinese version. I bought the novel early this year, an I plan on translating the remaining chapters of the novel left untranslated on the wiki. I certainly appreciate the work of the prior translators, given I've followed the updates on bt since the novel's release. It seems now that the project has been inactive for more than a year, and although I can only translate the Chinese version, I'm quite willing to keep up the work.
So, is there any one still on the original translation group? I've translated chapter 17 and 18 by now and am looking for an editor who can help.
Lunar Vitae
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel: Maria-sama ga Miteru

Post by Lunar Vitae »

Although I'm not part of the project team, I think I might want to read this, so I'll poke this along. Taken from the Getting Started guide on the wiki:

Joining an Inactive/Stalled Project
  • 1. If you intend to join a stalled project on the Wiki as a Project Editor/Translator, try and contact the Project Manager first. Chances are they're inactive (and won't respond), but at least you tried.
    2. If there are no existing active members on the project... you can get straight to work. No need to wait for permission.
    3. For Translators Only: Sign up on the Project Registration Page to translate a chapter.
    4. Banzai! Begin! However, please remember to read the Rules and Guidelines before you start!
In lieu of a Project Manager/Supervisor, it seems your best point of contact would be DreamlessWindow, who last replied to someone less than a year ago, but edited the project in 2015. Pudding last replied to someone in August 2014, and edited in April of that year. My thoughts are to give a talk message to Dreamless, but go ahead and announce your intention to work on the project by following point 3. This is actually a little bit important, and could get you stern looks from the mods and wiki supervisors. The kind of stern looks that say, "Hey, these rules here ... did you read 'em?" and then some wrist slapping or something, followed by a talk. Probably.

Oh, if you think that there might be an issue regarding the prior chapters being translated from Japanese versus yours from Chinese, you could mention it on the project talk page itself, or note it on the registration talk page. Otherwise, there's no issue per se.

As far as searching for editors, I personally would recommend that you post your translations, and if/when someone who enjoys the series sees things to improve, they'll be happy to lend a hand, if able. Although, my opinion may be skewed, because that's how I ended up joining Baka-Tsuki. :wink:
Feel free to contact me here, on Discord (#5703), or on the wiki (Leviticus)!

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Project Manager, Editor)
amanitashreds
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amanitashreds »

Thanks! I've now put up chapter 17 and I can promise weekly updates :wink:

Return to “Teaser Feedback”