Zero no Tsukaima translation and editing discussion

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

veritatis cupitor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka, date a live

Re: Zero no Tsukaima translation and editing discussion

Post by veritatis cupitor »

OK, let's do what we can do!

Volume 14 chapter 6 -

1. Being called ‘Gallia’s spine’ of the Fire Dragon Mountains, the eastern end of the location is extremely interesting.

2. A street in perpendicular with the Dragon Mountains.
That is what's known as the 'Tiger's Highway', a narrow street located in the valley that is more than 10 leagues long.

3. The people have the officers surrounded by layers.

4. Don't joke with me, rebellion these kind of stuff.

5. What's that, Golem? Or is it (卡格伊鲁)?

6. On the decks of what was originally "Charles Orleans", on the charcoaled face, due to long years of services, of fleet captain Claville, expressed signs of confusion and anticipation.

7. In silence, the watch the fleet slowly steer into Romalia borders.

8. Determining that it was to question himself, Chief deputy Viscount Julian opened his mouth. “After reducing the land to ashes, exactly what kind of regime would be built, our Highness.”
His words sandwiched irony, but not forgetting respect for their king.
“Don’t know.”

9. Before I knew it, I already hold my position today

10. "As for whether this mission will end up smoothly? The guest we picked up at St. Maran.... That mysterious woman and the bounded up knight mannequins. For them, they might really turn Romalia into ashes. After all, no matter which way we think of it, the power to command these ship lies completely in her hands."

11. This operation does not concern only of war, Claville inadvertently discovered.

12. Since yesterday, before they have even a firm grasp of the situation, were already ordered to strike, and came all the way here.

13. Between us and them, for what reasons should we fight with them?

14. Towards the knowledge of that the opponent was the Gallian amphibious fleet, the Romalian know completely

15. Out of everyone's surprise, the Romalian fleet pressed forward.
or
To everyone's surprise, the Romalian fleet pressed forward.

16. “Fire all right cannons! Target, Romalian fleet!”

17. If so, then that must be some terrifying power stored within.
or
If so, then there must be some terrifying power stored within.

18. Though says he's only driven by desire, he's starting to actually want to help.
He should no longer have any ties with those guys anymore, Claville secretly decided.
Putting the skies one side, on the camps of Romalia, they were the first discover Jörmungandr dropping everywhere from the sky, and deployed troops to stand guard, surrounding the exit of "Tiger's Highway".
Since the inauguration of the coronation ceremony, they have been issued an order, alerting them of Gallian army's invasion, and have been standing guard since.

19. As soon as they cross the border, the Romalian army a new order.

20. Entering the street into around 5 squares on the map, the captain ordered them to stand guard.

21. The tortoises retreated into their shells, acting as a better force against the enormous recoil of the cannons.
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU TRANSLATOR SAN.
Shadowys
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Zero No Tsukaima

Post by Shadowys »

Woah this looks like it needs a retranslation LOL

Looks like the guy MTL'ed from chinese.
Winter's the time of the year,
when the cold chill the skin,
from the very within,
but you grasped my hand,
your eyes shedding a frozen tear.
Our eyes met,
and warmth filled the air.
veritatis cupitor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka, date a live

Post by veritatis cupitor »

Volume 14 chapter 7 -
1. Being betrayed by Wardes at Albion.

Above the skies of Tristain, about to be crushed by the Albion army

2. All by using my power, I solved every crisis. That's right. Close my eyes and every time I am close to death, a burst of magical light appears... isn't that solid proof of the Godlike power of the "void"?

However, whenever she thinks of this, her heart would start searing in pain. For some reason, she would lose her focus, as if telling her to find a reason to move forward will then her heart return normal.

3. Must have made thou waited!

4. "Before doing our mission, there is one time, can you answer me honestly?"

5. But were he should have been, was with the others inside where the gate Brimir made, led to...

6. From what I am seeing, was that a dream
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU TRANSLATOR SAN.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”