Record of Grancrest War

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Light Novel series Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 3

Fated Blade
Astral Realm

Record of Grancrest War

Post by Fated Blade »

Hello,

I would like to suggest the series titled "Record of Grancrest War" (Grancrest Senki) as a potential new project. The series currently has an airing anime, and I fell in love with it since the first few episodes. The main genres of this series are Fantasy and Action, and here is a short synopsis:

One day, demons from the dimension of Chaos invaded the continent of Atlatan, bringing heavy destruction with them. To fight back, humanity used Crests, a type of magic capable of sealing Chaos. To obtain a true victory over Chaos, the Grancrest, most powerful of the Crests, is needed.
However, since whoever owns the Grancrest would become Emperor of Atlatan, the nobles instead fought each other to gain more Crest powers and lands, rather than joining forces to defeat the demons of Chaos.
The story focuses on Siluca Meletes, a young mage who scorns the feuding lords for abandoning their people and Theo Cornaro, wandering knight and Crest holder who is trying to liberate his hometown from its tyrant lord. Joining forces, Siluca, Theo and their allies fight together to end the wars between the nobility and end Chaos.

This series is unlicensed for any official English publishers. Currently, there are 9 light novel volumes released in Japanese, with volume 10 to be released soon. On average, 2 volumes are released per year.

Here is a link to the light novel covers and intros of each volume (in Japanese) http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201407grancrest/
Lunar Vitae
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel: Maria-sama ga Miteru

Re: Record of Grancrest War

Post by Lunar Vitae »

Definitely sounds interesting. I edited your post to include the cover for Volume 1 as well. Let's see if it takes off! :)
Feel free to contact me here, on Discord (#5703), or on the wiki (Leviticus)!

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Project Manager, Editor)
sillypenguin429
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Record of Grancrest War

Post by sillypenguin429 »

Would Def. love to see this translated!

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”