Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes (Please give a reason)
95%
Not really (Please give a reason)
2%
No (Please give a reason)
2%

Total votes: 85

polke45
Astral Realm

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Post by polke45 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nogizaka_Haruka_no_Himitsu
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=20066

I consider this novel is one of the best novel I read so far. They even have an anime broadcasting now in Japan.

plot: The main character, Ayase Yuuto is your average boy without any special traits. He attends a private high school where he is one of the many and doesn't stand out, until, one day, he happens to discover the secret of the school princess Nogizaka Haruka, and his life changes drastically from there on.

Haruka, the school's most unattainable girl, is so idolized in the school for both, her looks and intelligence, that her classmates nickname her Nuit Étoile (The Silver Star of the Night) and Lumière du Clavier (The Shining Princess on the Piano). However, nobody knows that it is only a fake role she assumes to hide her true nature. In reality she is a die-hard fan of anime, manga, and otaku culture.
Mies
Astral Realm

Re: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Post by Mies »

Otaku culture in a book, this feels Hayate no Gotoku meets Bamboo Blade meets KareKano(?) in book form. It has all the flags of it being clichèd and "already been done", but the story catches my eye for some reason.

Looks like getting the raws are relatively easy to obtain; even I was able to find volume 1-7 (most recent) in RAW, and 1-4 in UTF-8.
Last edited by Mies on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

It sounded kinda bland to me until the last sentence. I think I will indeed enjoy this story. I'd like to read it. 8)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, if you do not want to wait to read it, then I suggest the anime. I saw the first episode yesterday. It was quite funny.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Woah! If Mamiko Noto is the voice actor, I have to watch it! Now, who has the better fansub?
polke45
Astral Realm

Post by polke45 »

Dan wrote:Woah! If Mamiko Noto is the voice actor, I have to watch it! Now, who has the better fansub?
Right now, there isn't any outstanding release; however, M33W (http://m33w-fansubs.com/) picked up the project recently and I consider this fansub is awesome. So, it might take a while. Moetaku already release their first ep, but I don't recommended.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Dan wrote:Woah! If Mamiko Noto is the voice actor, I have to watch it! Now, who has the better fansub?
Yeah, but as much as I like Noto Mamiko, she is in virtually everything anymore. She is becoming the new Horie Yui. I do not have a problem with this because both are good seiyuu, but I do miss some of the other seiyuu. I have not seen Saito Chiwa do anything significant in a little while if I remember correctly.
cyberdemon
Astral Realm

Post by cyberdemon »

i took a liking to the manga of this when there is only raw right now and i can't even read japanese very well. LOL! I just found the main female too cute and i really liked the idea of the storyline. I would love it if the light novels got translated.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

No offense, but this forum seem to be having a lot of suggestion for projects, but a lack of translators? ^^"
PLEASE!! TRANSLATORS OUT THERE!! RESPOND TO MY CALL!!! I SUMMON THEE!!!!

Owns chinese version of the novel, currently 1-3 (just bought 2&3 after reading 1)
Book 1 was just like the manga =X well done, i enjoyed it (reason i got 2&3) though i must say i have a lack in imagination, so i cant exactly visualise the way she falls... haha
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
rikimtasu
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by rikimtasu »

*checks wiki*
It is. Happy now? :lol:
By the way,the anime ver is speeding up a lot compare to the novel...
ShApEsHiFt3r
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ShApEsHiFt3r »

I like the anime, therefore I want the novel. Get someone and work him to the boone :twisted:
ShadowZeroHeart

*Plays the devil*

Man, i read book 1~4 so far, it is superb!! WONDERFUL! FABULOUS!! TOO BAD YOU GUYS CAN'T READ THEM!!

=X

Okays, that was evil, anyways, i am working on kaze no stigma for now, so hopefully someone else can do the translations, i got uni coming up in less than a month, so i cant be sure how much translations i can do from then on.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ShadowZeroHeart

Sorry for the double post...
Anyways, i started watching the anime... and realised that it is VERY different from the novel...
In my opinion, the novel is much much better, and even the manga is better than the anime. The manga follows more closely than the anime, and the novel is much nicer compared to this anime, as too much is being cut...
Though i must say a lot of anime stuff can be seen in the anime... such as Shakugan no Shana, the theme of the anime in Dokuro-chan etc etc etc...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Minimoto
Astral Realm

Post by Minimoto »

I really think you guys should translate this novel. The anime was interesting and the manga is good also. The anime is being done by various fandub groups and the scanlation group Mahou-X is in the process of translating the manga (they have the scans and everything but need an actual translator). I really want to read the original that became such an interesting series. I hope you do translate this project.
Last edited by Minimoto on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowZeroHeart

Kaze no Stigma on my first priority,
Shakugan no Shana next? unless someone takes care of it once i get it started...
After that i can help this or Inukami or something...

But that is if i am free enough...
And YES after watching the lousy anime i seriously think the novel should be translated!! They are so different!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu”