KnS volume 4 obtained! Difference with anime found!

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

KnS volume 4 obtained! Difference with anime found!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

In the anime, Kaze no Stigma episode 17, Kazuma worked with a new cop and the new cop almost got eaten up by the player who summoned a red dog. Kazuma manipulates his wind blades to kill the dog, saving the new cop.

However, in the novel, Kazuma did not save him at all. The reason this new cop is in that sector and is viewed as a potiential star for the department is because of his "good luck in times of crisises". This cop is usually not lucky in his life, getting bird poo on him etc etc. However, this bad luck will revert into good luck in times of crisises that may cause his death. For example, as a lorry is about to run him over, the wheel of the lorry will drop off suddenly and the entire vehicle will slant off. When he thought that he merely stepped on his shoelace and fell down, before his eyes a steel bar from a construction site would fall right in front of him. And when this bad luck goes beyond a controlable region, something even more amazing happens. The object that may cause his death will be PHYSICALLY REMOVED from the world, without a trace. Perhaps sent to an alternate dimension? In the novel, the red dog was sent into another dimension, or so it seems. So he may be a man that cannot die from an unnatural death? Pitiful guy, he just wants to be a good cop, with his ability, he is stuck at the supernatural department... LOLz!

P.S. I wonder if Kazuma or Ayano can even kill this guy...?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Re: KnS volume 4 obtained! Difference with anime found!

Post by Nerevarine »

again anime fails at being able to portray something that it is purely epic
ShadowZeroHeart

Nerevarine wrote:again anime fails at being able to portray something that it is purely epic
There are many things that novels can do that animes cannot. KnS is a very clear case. This is due to the author explaining many details in his own notes/words. However, in the anime we cannot have a godly voice of the author to tell us what is going on. Furthermore, the author did not expect to be down later on, so perhaps this cop is SUPPOSED to have a more major role later on in the novel, so his appearance and explaination would be required now. Yet when the anime is being made, the author is already hospitalized if i am correct? So people would think this part is too minor and pay not much attention to it. And without those words or notes, there is no way anyone watching the anime would understand what is going on if the red dog just gets swallowed up by a black ball.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

when....i said that...

i meant more of how much better original material is to adaptations (dosnt matter which)

yeah...there are many things you can do with novels that you cannot with anime (or the television medium in general)....same thing vise versa

expressions that cannot be explained in words. or discriptions that cannot be displayed in picture'

so i was confirming how (in KnS's case) the novel is so much better than its anime adaptation.

but meh...

anyways, any word on whether (or if) the author is going to be able to continue this series? How long has he/she been sick?
ShadowZeroHeart

Nerevarine wrote:when....i said that...

i meant more of how much better original material is to adaptations (dosnt matter which)

yeah...there are many things you can do with novels that you cannot with anime (or the television medium in general)....same thing vise versa

expressions that cannot be explained in words. or discriptions that cannot be displayed in picture'

so i was confirming how (in KnS's case) the novel is so much better than its anime adaptation.

but meh...

anyways, any word on whether (or if) the author is going to be able to continue this series? How long has he/she been sick?
I am trying to mean that you cannot compare original novel with animes. They are actually different things. Just like novel can describe the fighting scenes, but it is the anime that makes those fights truly come alive. To compare them both all the time is just an insult to one or the other.

I think it has been like three years since the author is hospitalized? Well, he is out now, but I am unable to read japanese, so I cannot really read any news regarding continuation of KnS. Besides, KnS is not exactly that famous a series I believe? So it may be a little tough to get information on it, especially since it has been that long. But I am guessing that it will be continued, since the author wrote the short stories volumes as he was in hospital, so lets just hope he continues?

P.S. If anyone gets information on the author, be it him continuing the series or not, please inform me/us? This is a seriously good novel in my opinion, with a lot of ideas and stuff.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:since the author wrote the short stories volumes as he was in hospital, so lets just hope he continues?
He didn't write them when he was in hospital, they had already been released in a magazine.
ShadowZeroHeart

If I am correct, they were released as the ignition series when he is in hospital right? Or not?

Sorry, not too sure of all the details... Anyway, Vaelis, any idea if he will continue the series?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:If I am correct, they were released as the ignition series when he is in hospital right? Or not?
Yes but at first they were only short stories published in a magazine.
The compilation was done after.
Sorry, not too sure of all the details... Anyway, Vaelis, any idea if he will continue the series?
No idea :(
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:In the anime, Kaze no Stigma episode 17, Kazuma worked with a new cop and the new cop almost got eaten up by the player who summoned a red dog. Kazuma manipulates his wind blades to kill the dog, saving the new cop.

However, in the novel, Kazuma did not save him at all. The reason this new cop is in that sector and is viewed as a potiential star for the department is because of his "good luck in times of crisises". This cop is usually not lucky in his life, getting bird poo on him etc etc. However, this bad luck will revert into good luck in times of crisises that may cause his death. For example, as a lorry is about to run him over, the wheel of the lorry will drop off suddenly and the entire vehicle will slant off. When he thought that he merely stepped on his shoelace and fell down, before his eyes a steel bar from a construction site would fall right in front of him. And when this bad luck goes beyond a controlable region, something even more amazing happens. The object that may cause his death will be PHYSICALLY REMOVED from the world, without a trace. Perhaps sent to an alternate dimension? In the novel, the red dog was sent into another dimension, or so it seems. So he may be a man that cannot die from an unnatural death? Pitiful guy, he just wants to be a good cop, with his ability, he is stuck at the supernatural department... LOLz!

P.S. I wonder if Kazuma or Ayano can even kill this guy...?
So the thing is, his bad luck is too awesome that it could overshadow Kazuma's and Ayano's skills in the anime if it was shown :P despite being a minor character...

or maybe if they do include it, the studio will have to answer the audience "How the heck is he more awesome than Ayano and Kazuma!?" and since they made Kaze no Stigma run with only a single season with a cliffhanger ending (I don't know if there are slight hints of Gonzo making a second season for it as the ending they made requires a second season to be done), they probably don't want too much works to do... :P
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ShadowZeroHeart

Assassin wrote:So the thing is, his bad luck is too awesome that it could overshadow Kazuma's and Ayano's skills in the anime if it was shown :P despite being a minor character...

or maybe if they do include it, the studio will have to answer the audience "How the heck is he more awesome than Ayano and Kazuma!?" and since they made Kaze no Stigma run with only a single season with a cliffhanger ending (I don't know if there are slight hints of Gonzo making a second season for it as the ending they made requires a second season to be done), they probably don't want too much works to do... :P
There is no cliffhanger ending in the anime really ^^"

As we mentioned, the author was hospitalized...? The main story has been stuck at that part ever since then, so there is no chance of a second season unless he continues the story... And I am not sure if you call that his bad luck? or is that good luck? LOLz and no, we do not know how powerful his power truly is, it is still undeveloped... And each time he "uses" it, he must be near mental breakdown (for example ALMOST eaten by a red dog, with our dear Kazuma doing nothing to help him, except reap the rewards from the idiot who gave all the clues he needs regarding the RPG game.)
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: There is no cliffhanger ending in the anime really ^^"
My bad... It should've been an "Incomplete ending"... well the story was left "hanging" like that without a definitive end...
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ShadowZeroHeart

Assassin wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote: There is no cliffhanger ending in the anime really ^^"
My bad... It should've been an "Incomplete ending"... well the story was left "hanging" like that without a definitive end...
Cant blame the anime producers... As long as they keep to the story, it MUST be left hanging...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”