ぷいぷい PuiPui

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want to see this novel series translated?

Yes.
90%
No.
No votes
I don't know...
10%

Total votes: 59

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: ぷいぷい PuiPui

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

DuskL wrote:7 months studying and you're already able to translate novels ... must be nice. Maybe its just that I lack dedication, but I'm trying to self teach myself japanese and I'm not getting anywhere. "-_-
At least you are better than me, i am interested, but not motivated to learn.

P.S. Krikit, concentrate on ur exams first, dun worry about the translation until ur exams are over. if you are worried about progress i can see what i can do, my last paper is on monday afterall
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

you guys are lucky, I have an exam and a "general requirments for sea transportation" project on monday..
after that a "seaport ecology" project on friday (for which I can't even find any good info..), then 2 more courseworks next week, plus a few small homeworks..
then 3 exams from Dec 15-19.. after that the main exam session from Jan 03-17..
I'm gonna kill myself with all of this ^_^

basically that's the main reason I wasn't able to resume learning japanese normally..
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

All of us have or will have to go through something similar to those as well, so what is there to be lucky about?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

that you have time to prepare for it.. and if you're not lazy like me, you can prepare for it beforehand ^_^
DuskL
Astral Realm

Post by DuskL »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
DuskL wrote:7 months studying and you're already able to translate novels ... must be nice. Maybe its just that I lack dedication, but I'm trying to self teach myself japanese and I'm not getting anywhere. "-_-
At least you are better than me, i am interested, but not motivated to learn.
Hey, at least its because you're not motivated. I'm just plain lazy. :cry:
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

DuskL wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote: At least you are better than me, i am interested, but not motivated to learn.
Hey, at least its because you're not motivated. I'm just plain lazy. :cry:
heh.. all the projects and works I do, plus the lazyness during free time (which I call "resting from all the work") are the facts that stop me from learning japanese with the pace I'd like to be learning :D
jupiter_ringsid
Astral Realm

Post by jupiter_ringsid »

Actually, saying x months doesn't mean anything you know. A friend of mine passed JLPT level 2 (more than capable of translating novels) after 6 months of taking Japanese lessons. But, his 6 months was something like this : 3 hours/lesson, 2 lessons/day, 5 days/week, every week. Now compare it to something like "I've been learning Japanese for years. I learn it when I have time to spare, that means about 0 - 1 hour a week. Why I couldn't even pass JLPT level 3?"
And the good side of taking a lesson is that you could always ask your teacher if you're stuck with something, or if you live in Japan like me and Krikit, you could always ask someone around you, there are so many people who speaks Japanese fluently here. :D
@Krikit : reviewing physics, chemistry, and mathematics... What major you're interested in?
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

jupiter_ringsid wrote:And the good side of taking a lesson is that you could always ask your teacher if you're stuck with something, or if you live in Japan like me and Krikit, you could always ask someone around you, there are so many people who speaks Japanese fluently here. :D
Can't be.. you just made that one up, right ? :D

Well, I think everybody understands that taking real normal lessons is generally more effective than studying on your own in your free time, but it's not like everybody has a chance to spend many months (> than 6 at least) learning japanese in Japan ^_^

speaking of learning, 5 AM here, half of the prject finished.. and I have an aproximate idea for the second half..
must.. fight.. sleepines.. finsih.. prject.. then.. sleep.. and then preparing for exam.. this is one tough weekend ^_^
DuskL
Astral Realm

Post by DuskL »

jupiter_ringsid wrote: And the good side of taking a lesson is that you could always ask your teacher if you're stuck with something, or if you live in Japan like me and Krikit, you could always ask someone around you, there are so many people who speaks Japanese fluently here. :D
Hey, I'd love to get lessons for japanese. Only problem is, my school doesn't offer that language. (Shrugs) So I'm stuck learning spanish, which although isn't an entirely bad thing, has at least quadrupled in difficulty since last year.
jupiter_ringsid
Astral Realm

Post by jupiter_ringsid »

salv87 wrote: Well, I think everybody understands that taking real normal lessons is generally more effective than studying on your own in your free time, but it's not like everybody has a chance to spend many months (> than 6 at least) learning japanese in Japan ^_^
Yeah, I know that, even I don't have the chance to take lessons although I'm in Japan :cry:
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

DuskL wrote:Hey, I'd love to get lessons for japanese. Only problem is, my school doesn't offer that language. (Shrugs) So I'm stuck learning spanish, which although isn't an entirely bad thing, has at least quadrupled in difficulty since last year.
Wow for necro-post O_o

Are you in high school? I had the same problem. Wanted to take Japanese in 9th and 10th grade, and the school I went to offered it, but I decided to go easy with spanish first, and then for the last 2 years take japanese. We moved to a new school in 11th grade, and guess what...the regular high school trinity is what it had. German, Spanish, French. The school for 12th grade had Latin too O_o

anyway, 6.5 pages until the next update :)
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

I gave this a shot as a trial for Sony Vegas, and I think it's fairly decent. If you want to watch a slideshow of the images in the puipui! novels, without there being any spoilers, just interesting scenes, then I recommend you take a look at this.

http://www.light-novels.info/database/0015.html

That's the name of the site, and if you scroll down a little bit, you'll get to the embedded video. Slideshow for Puipui! Novels.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

So, I just though I'd share a little bit of randomness.

Out of 2,209 Pages on the B-T Wiki, Puipui has moved into 41st place, putting it ...well, at #41 in terms of entire page views. The project is about 8 months old. Wow...there really is some popularity in this ^_^

Baccano has just been overtaken, next up is Strike Witches! We can do it!

(First though, we need updates O_o, and that's going to have to wait until July...too busy O_o)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

41st of how many competitors? ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Krikit wrote:So, I just though I'd share a little bit of randomness.

Out of 2,209 Pages on the B-T Wiki, Puipui has moved into 41st place, putting it ...well, at #41 in terms of entire page views. The project is about 8 months old. Wow...there really is some popularity in this ^_^

Baccano has just been overtaken, next up is Strike Witches! We can do it!

(First though, we need updates O_o, and that's going to have to wait until July...too busy O_o)
How did you found that out, or is there something I miss that would make me able to see it myself without asking? O_O
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.

Return to “PuiPui”