Fujoushi Kanoujo

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: 腐女子彼女 - Fujoshi Kanojo (My Yaoi Girlfriend)

Post by Kinny Riddle »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Ah... Another odd one made it through... :|
What do you mean by "odd one"? The title? Or us translators? Explain yourself. 8)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I refuse. :P
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I refuse. :P
Then don't say it and waste your posts. I can simply delete them next time.

In Chinese, they're called 廢話, go google it and find out what it is. :roll:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I just reformatted my computer, so I can't see the characters. :wink: Ha!

Anywho, so this project is underway? I'll check it out when the first volume is done. 8)
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I just reformatted my computer, so I can't see the characters. :wink: Ha!

Anywho, so this project is underway? I'll check it out when the first volume is done. 8)
Argh, to hell with it, I was being polite, but seeing as you grow more and more obnoxious, I'll just say it in English: QUIT SPAMMING! :evil:

Anyway, we're still waiting for Oni to respond to this. Any news Oni?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

just had a look at the chapters published, wow. They are a bit short aren't they? Is that normal?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

onizuka-gto wrote:just had a look at the chapters published, wow. They are a bit short aren't they? Is that normal?
Well, it is a blog, there's no limit on how long you write your blog entries. Though most of them are quite long.
quethiril
Project Translator

Post by quethiril »

I just read the translations that are posted, and it was awesome! Now I have a bunch of questions:

1. What's the status of this project? Is it active? Why is it still considered unauthorized? (How many blog posts do you need to equal a chapter... given how short they are, I guess it must be a lot.)

2. I noticed that cicido posted a few more translations on the AnimeSuki forum but not here... has she forgotten about BT, given that she's not a regular contributor?

3. Are the books just compilations of the blog itself? Or are things rewritten? I'm guessing since most of the blog posts were taken down, it's because they're relatively identical to the published form. (I hope so, because I am going to go buy the books now.) Also, do the books include the illustrations? They're so cute!

4. I'd love to help out! It'll probably take me a month or two to get my hands on the books, but I could probably start with what's still on the website, or something... Or someone could provide me with raws. *hint hint nudge nudge wink* :P Just let me know where you want me.
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

quethiril wrote:I just read the translations that are posted, and it was awesome! Now I have a bunch of questions:

1. What's the status of this project? Is it active? Why is it still considered unauthorized? (How many blog posts do you need to equal a chapter... given how short they are, I guess it must be a lot.)

2. I noticed that cicido posted a few more translations on the AnimeSuki forum but not here... has she forgotten about BT, given that she's not a regular contributor?

3. Are the books just compilations of the blog itself? Or are things rewritten? I'm guessing since most of the blog posts were taken down, it's because they're relatively identical to the published form. (I hope so, because I am going to go buy the books now.) Also, do the books include the illustrations? They're so cute!

4. I'd love to help out! It'll probably take me a month or two to get my hands on the books, but I could probably start with what's still on the website, or something... Or someone could provide me with raws. *hint hint nudge nudge wink* :P Just let me know where you want me.
1. You have to ask Oni about that.

2. She's not really a regular contributor here, so she'll need to be approached in order to bring her translations over here then if you can contact her.

3. The books are just compilations of the blog, all illustrations come from the blog as well.

4. The raw IS the blog itself. So if you can read Japanese, just go to the blog, read the entry and please do help out. I've underestimated my workload with Toradora, so all the help is welcome in this work.
quethiril
Project Translator

Post by quethiril »

Kinny Riddle wrote:4. The raw IS the blog itself. So if you can read Japanese, just go to the blog, read the entry and please do help out. I've underestimated my workload with Toradora, so all the help is welcome in this work.
Well, it seems most of the entries have been taken down from the blog. The archives only go back 5 pages or so, and I think only selective entries are left up -- there are big time gaps. But if I have time before my books arrive, I will pick an entry from among what's available and start. :)
quethiril
Project Translator

Post by quethiril »

I got my books today! So now I can start translating the posts in order. I was really bummed to find out, though, that apparently the one I already translated, off the website, isn't in the book? So I guess that means they didn't compile all the entries... It's not like I will notice when something's missing, but now that I know it, it'll just bother me conceptually. =/

Also, I PMed cicido over at AnimeSuki Forums and got her permission to move over the rest of her translations, and I added navigation to all the sequential posts, so the project pages are in better shape now, I hope.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

The novels are only collections of the blog entries?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
quethiril
Project Translator

Post by quethiril »

Darklor wrote:The novels are only collections of the blog entries?
Yes. Though most of the entries were fairly long, and they got longer as he went, so it's more like reading a series of vignettes than reading a blog.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Uhm, and is this project now approved or not?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:Uhm, and is this project now approved or not?

?

Why do you question this?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Abandoned”