Editor?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Editor?

Post by onizuka-gto »

Vaelis wrote: Too late, I've already put back all the parenthesis for volume 1 :D
And I will do it for volume 2 soon.

:roll:

Well, you better hope the editors take note and keep it consistent.

perhaps you should put that in the KnS project specific guidelines just to make it clear? :lol:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

oh wait, KnS doesn't have a project specific guidelines....maybe it's time it did? :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Vaelis »

onizuka-gto wrote:perhaps you should put that in the KnS project specific guidelines just to make it clear? :lol:
There isn't a KnS project specific guidelines and even if I create one I don't think the "old" editors would see/read it.

By the way there are other projects with the same problem: Puipui and Regios (and Ghost Hunt but nobody is editing it :( )
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Vaelis wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:perhaps you should put that in the KnS project specific guidelines just to make it clear? :lol:
There isn't a KnS project specific guidelines and even if I create one I don't think the "old" editors would see/read it.

By the way there are other projects with the same problem: Puipui and Regios (and Ghost Hunt but nobody is editing it :( )

never enough editors.... we got more active Translators then editors! :roll:

Ghost Hunt is a problem, but it is considered a hosted project is some aspects, since the latest contributor also post the script on her own blog page.

Puipui isn;t as popular, so i tihnk it'll take some time until some dedicated editors comes around.

Regios is gaining momentum, I'm sure the anime will bring more interest, i'm sure.

Guess it's a matter of patience and a hope for the best.

After all we can't edit all the projects with the limited time that we have... :roll:

@Onizukademongto
Marauder
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Marauder »

ouch, whose messing arround with kns ? ^^

vaelis , your right someone have been deleting the parentesis :S, i got and old word copy i made of kns....that is why i notice that somenthing was not right the last time i see te pages :S :mrgreen:

well ill begin translate it to spanish soon so please stop messing around with it ^^
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

onizuka-gto wrote:never enough editors.... we got more active Translators then editors! :roll:
Argh, I wasn't really clear.
What I wanted to say was that in Puipui/Regios/Ghost Hunt some thought are in parenthesis.
Azelf and Jirachi
Astral Realm

Post by Azelf and Jirachi »

Since it's a wiki page, it's possible to check older edits to see where the parentheses are used.

Sorry, I'm the perpetrator. I guess I should have consulted everyone first - I just thought that italicized thoughts look nicer than parentheses.
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

Azelf and Jirachi wrote:I just thought that italicized thoughts look nicer than parentheses.
Well, I agree with that. Some people may have a little trouble differentiating italicized and normal text, though; eyesight things.
Azelf and Jirachi
Astral Realm

Bah, I got owned by my first term, but I think I have time now after surviving those ridiculous teachers.

Anyway.

If there's no guidelines standard, we're going to have to agree on one so this doesn't happen again. Since the editor(s) of the first chapter removed the parentheses, I thought that was the standard.

Respond soon... Eventually... Whichever one sounds better
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

If we have parentheses in the raws then we keep the parentheses.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Vaelis wrote:If we have parentheses in the raws then we keep the parentheses.
I use chinese raws... and its rare to even find italised chinese. Not sure if its the same case for Japanese? But it probably is best to do what is easiest to read. There is no point in following some of these standards too blindly, but i suggest we just stick to one side. I am probably fine with either, though i am not sure if i will follow these standards as i translate =X haha, too used to the parentheses...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Only Baka-Tsuki uses italic for the thoughts.
In "normal" English novel, the thoughts are written without italics.
Azelf and Jirachi
Astral Realm

Okay, so

1) Thoughts are in parentheses and are not italicized

What else? Volume 1 was a mess because there were so many different translators, so I'm going to clean it up later. Should we come up with a terminology list so I know what to change everything to?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Azelf and Jirachi wrote:1) Thoughts are in parentheses and are not italicized
Only if the raws show it that way. Thoughts and actions in a standard English novel are standard text. Speech is dictated by quotation marks.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Azelf and Jirachi wrote:Okay, so

1) Thoughts are in parentheses and are not italicized

What else? Volume 1 was a mess because there were so many different translators, so I'm going to clean it up later. Should we come up with a terminology list so I know what to change everything to?
"So many different translators"? I think theres only two or three at most...

And what kinda terminologies do you need, since I think I will have to come up with them anyways...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”