Kaze no Stigma Volume 2 Discussion

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

FFFF
Astral Realm

Re: Kaze no Stigma Volume 2 Discussion

Post by FFFF »

Ayano all the way for me. Just my taste...

Anyway, thank you very much for the translation. I really enjoy reading KnS, it's way better than only watch the anime. I want to help you guys in the translation stuff too but pity my Japanese is insufficient T_T
I guess I will try my hand in editing, for the time being. Just want to do something for KnS (^O^)
Rewenger...
Astral Realm

Post by Rewenger... »

A great work indeed! I like KNS a lot; translations are also very good. Looking forward to next chapters! ShadowZeroHeart, you bear the sacred duty of bringing true Kaze no Stigma into this world (as a memorial to deceased author...). If you won't do it, you'll receive a divine punishment from God! ;]
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Rewenger... wrote:A great work indeed! I like KNS a lot; translations are also very good. Looking forward to next chapters! ShadowZeroHeart, you bear the sacred duty of bringing true Kaze no Stigma into this world (as a memorial to deceased author...). If you won't do it, you'll receive a divine punishment from God! ;]
Yeah i know, but i would rather my lecturers and all get the divine punishment first... Or else i cant keep up with my classes!! DAMN!! Will push translation back for now, sorry... My grades are seriously suffering...

Edit: After thinking about it a little... Why should I get punished? The rest of them out there arent doing anything!! So its "Whoever does something shall get alienated and bullied"? Darn!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Rewenger...
Astral Realm

Post by Rewenger... »

Yeah i know, but i would rather my lecturers and all get the divine punishment first... Or else i cant keep up with my classes!! DAMN!! Will push translation back for now, sorry... My grades are seriously suffering...

Edit: After thinking about it a little... Why should I get punished? The rest of them out there arent doing anything!! So its "Whoever does something shall get alienated and bullied"? Darn!!
Man, why can't you find time? It looks for me like an excuses for lack of a willpower to complete the divine quest. I'm going to translate your translations into russian and share them with my friends (i don't know japanese...). I really want to know the true Kaze no Stigma.
About time...grades are surely important, but... why can't you do such a thing like "carve in your mind do finish the work"? I always carve in my mind "i need to complete this work" and steadily do it every day (for 1-3 hours). As the time passes the work gets completed for sure, no matter how large is it. However, there is no education that completely devours your soul and free time.

P.S. I haven't mastered engilsh yet ;[
ShadowZeroHeart

Rewenger... wrote:

Man, why can't you find time? It looks for me like an excuses for lack of a willpower to complete the divine quest. I'm going to translate your translations into russian and share them with my friends (i don't know japanese...). I really want to know the true Kaze no Stigma.
About time...grades are surely important, but... why can't you do such a thing like "carve in your mind do finish the work"? I always carve in my mind "i need to complete this work" and steadily do it every day (for 1-3 hours). As the time passes the work gets completed for sure, no matter how large is it. However, there is no education that completely devours your soul and free time.

P.S. I haven't mastered engilsh yet ;[
Because i just had 3 mid-term tests this week, and i probably didnt do well for 2 of them... I would be happy to pass those? And those contribute to my final grades...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Rewenger...
Astral Realm

Post by Rewenger... »

Complaining about your grades doesn't look cool though.
ShadowZeroHeart

Rewenger... wrote:Complaining about your grades doesn't look cool though.
Well... Just explaining my current situation... So I am trying to spend more time to work on those grades...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Rewenger...
Astral Realm

Post by Rewenger... »

Why it is impossible to both study and translate? Can't get it.
ShadowZeroHeart

Rewenger... wrote:Why it is impossible to both study and translate? Can't get it.
Two ways of interpreting your question.
One: Why can't you handle both studies and translation at the same time?
Answer: Because I ain't a genius, I am stupid.

Two: Why can't studying and translation be done at the same time?
Answer: Because noone ever made translation a subject. And because I have yet to learn to eat and sleep at the same time. Some things are hard to handle together.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Rewenger...
Astral Realm

Post by Rewenger... »

I ain't a genius
How come?! =)
And because I have yet to learn to eat and sleep at the same time. Some things are hard to handle together.
Well, sleep+eat= around 9 hours.
Study=6 hours and less (good situation), 8 hours (bad situation), 10 hours (very bad situation, like extra courses).
Then you still have around 5-9 hours of freedom. I think there should be time left after homework.
ShadowZeroHeart

Rewenger... wrote:
I ain't a genius
How come?! =)
And because I have yet to learn to eat and sleep at the same time. Some things are hard to handle together.
Well, sleep+eat= around 9 hours.
Study=6 hours and less (good situation), 8 hours (bad situation), 10 hours (very bad situation, like extra courses).
Then you still have around 5-9 hours of freedom. I think there should be time left after homework.
When I have 5 modules, one of them being entirely out of my reach, 2 at the brink, its hard to spare that much time... And I have project work for two of the modules...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
joay_b
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by joay_b »

God these are good questions :roll:
I think there should be time left after homework.
Some of us here (even the geniuses!) do 16 hours a day for studies, homework, or (for my case) REAL LIFE work.

That would only leave us 5hrs of sleep and 3hrs for eating and other stuff.

Not exactly conductive for translation work, right? :)
Rewenger...
Astral Realm

Post by Rewenger... »

I know that some fansubber/traslators and other art people really love their work and skip classes to do it. I too (sometimes). How come Kazuma is almost only one to get such a translator?.. Well, I'm not in position to complain, though.
ShadowZeroHeart

Rewenger... wrote:I know that some fansubber/traslators and other art people really love their work and skip classes to do it. I too (sometimes). How come Kazuma is almost only one to get such a translator?.. Well, I'm not in position to complain, though.
Don't quite get your question... Either way, one of the modules i am taking is driving me nuts, and in the first place, KnS is one of the few projects that has only a single translator despite being around for quite some time... Even SnS gets some fresh blood(who gives up soon after) from time to time...

So when I am being the pitifully stupid creature I am, things will come to a halt... Very sorry about it...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Zeptarol
Astral Realm

Post by Zeptarol »

Cool! Looking forward to next volume! =)

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”