Volume 11, Chapter 1

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Volume 11, Chapter 1

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Finished finally.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 1_Chapter1

Chii-nee-sama as I understood is a kind of Cattleya's nickname.

And yes, sultry Louise for the win.

She is still not on Shizuka's from Kampfer level, but the loli-tsundere is trying hard.

Her and Saito are almost like bunnies there - they almost started having sex right in Kirches castles corridor for goodness sakes!

If Kirche would have not show up on time, we probably would have had to move ZnT to hentai category.

I don't like using words 'sex appeal' since I am not sure if people in Louise's world use word 'sex'. I was considering sultriness but was not sure, so left it as it is. If editor will have better ideas what word to use, feel free to suggest.

There were some rather tough portions, specially in the beginning - the damned small part describing Von Zerbst castle was really confusing and probably the hardest part to translate.

I am not sure if I will continue. The main reason I did - was because there were no translations for quite some time and it pained me to see ZnT so inactive, so decided to sacrifice my weekend and did it.
carrotglace
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 11, Chapter 1

Post by carrotglace »

your work is greatly appreciated, i love this series, and im glad to see that it isnt being neglected. im sure there are many who feel the same way
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

Dark, to put it lightly, you are the man. Thank you very much for translating this chapter, and for the pace at which you did it. Hopefully with this chapter more people will start posting their appreciation for the translators and maybe some new translators will show up as well.

And if not, thank you for this chapter; it was a great read.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Holy hell. I just noticed that we have this much translated. I thought there were gaps between the volumes. Looks like I have some reading to do.

Glad to see you're still alive btw Nemo. 8)
Puiu
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by Puiu »

A really good translation. Easy to read and very few grammatical (if any) errors. It's nice to read something that wasn't in the anime.
Tnx a lot!
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Puiu, well technically Volume 8 was not in the anime as well.

And thanks guys for the support. Remember the more there are comments/discussions the more likely I am to kill my other weekend and translate another chapter (work takes a lot of my time so I can't do it or not doing it fast enough on normal days).
Ohara
Astral Realm

Post by Ohara »

Thanks for the translation.

Yeah, I can hardly notice any errors.
Sicoe
Mikuru's Master

Post by Sicoe »

I've been here three years and finally decided to register because posting anonymously is getting to be a pain, anyways thanks again for translating this.

Louise really needs to be rewarded for changing so much in regards to how she treats Saito now and i'm wonderering how saito will be treated back at Louise's home.
beato
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by beato »

Darknemo2000 wrote:
There were some rather tough portions, specially in the beginning - the damned small part describing Von Zerbst castle was really confusing and probably the hardest part to translate.
I agree, i actually attemmpted to translate this chapter but I got stuck at the begining part and didnt get anywhere.
RonnieCorny
Senior Project Editor

Post by RonnieCorny »

yeah, i remember beato asked something, i replied a bit... i tried to translate it a bit too... i got about half of the 1st paragraph and got frustrated and switched back to toradora...

right now, i've not began the next part of the project i started because of the amount of work piled on me at the start of the year... but hopefully i can start on the translation soon... :-)

but really, thanks Nemo... !!!

ron
beato wrote:
Darknemo2000 wrote:
I agree, i actually attemmpted to translate this chapter but I got stuck at the begining part and didnt get anywhere.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Oh yeah, I laugh every time I see this.

I mean really, how is that implying a 'preview'? :lol:
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Actually now I am mostly translating by myself without MT help (one year passed after all since the last time I learned more). I still keep the tag up just in case and as a sort of signature of mine lol. :lol:
Puiu
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by Puiu »

I read a bit in advance i now i can't wait to get to that point.
Last edited by Puiu on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucid Yume
Astral Realm

Post by Lucid Yume »

From what I've read, it appears as if there is no need to edit... the translation is done really well! Thanks so much for picking this back up, it also pained me to see no updates for some time. The new chapter really made my day! :D Now I get to continue fantasizing about Louise...

Despite this not being the place, I could not resist posting one of the best novel crossover pics that I just came across....
Spoiler! :
Ailtin
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ailtin »

Hell yeah ! You are so awesome, man ! I cant wait to read Volume 11 :D Keep it up ;)
This Guy is Un-F***ing believeable !
by Christopher Walken

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”