C&D letter from Hachette Book Group

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

C&D letter from Hachette Book Group

Post by thelastguardian »

1. Suzumiya Haruhi
2. Spice and Wolf

nuff said

Their subforums will be close for now as we (yes, staff members) go through them to make sure they don't contain any infringing material.

EDIT:
Don't ask for translated scripts. You won't find any here.
joay_b
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: C&D letter from Hachette Book Group

Post by joay_b »

So they finally went after us.

Makes me wonder what took them so long.

Oh well, as if this will stop us from discussing the latest volumes from these series ...
まず隗より始めよ。
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Hmm, well, that took quite a while.
FNX
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by FNX »

Just a question, does this include the other languages? or in other words should i look where else to work....
La unica manera de medir la vida es por medio de la pasion de vivirla...
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

FNX wrote:Just a question, does this include the other languages? or in other words should i look where else to work....
If you are using the English translations to translate into other languages then possibly. If you're using the Japanese raws as a source though, you shouldn't have any problems continuing.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

funny that the guys who legally claimed them went after B-T, while the original source doesn't.. good thing i managed to preserve personal copies.. T_T
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Puiu
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by Puiu »

Too bad that 2 of the most popular novels here are now gone, but i still have many other great novels that i'm currently following (and patiently waiting for them to be translated)
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

That's a pity that they've resorted to this, really. But can't be helped I guess, as the servers are based in where they can grab 'em.

Anyone here based in Sweden? Might want to consider contacting Pirate Bay in hosting some of our other stuff on one of their private offshore islands. 8) (I am half-joking, in case anyone actually takes this too seriously)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

shichinanatsu wrote:funny that the guys who legally claimed them went after B-T, while the original source doesn't.. good thing i managed to preserve personal copies.. T_T

Damn and I think I havent, thought I d have still time... :cry:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

pirate bay and other 'questionable' hosting sites may not be so secure a bet either, didn't they go under fire some time ago?..

its depressing really, first losing mininova and now the DEBUT PROJECT of B-T (also, SaW).. not to mention they just killed the once-reigning topic around here.. but enough about the whining. i figure a lot of the noobs around here would start looking for ways to still be with the C&D victims.. -_-
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

*A-hem* sorry, but B-T does not host these copies, should people do get their paws on copies that for some reason are VERY SIMILAR to B-T's old translations and all, it is not our fault.

As for B-T members feeling sad over the abrupt end to our projects, consider it that they have now gone to the next level, and that we helped them achieve it. Be proud, rather than sad, because it is not the end, instead, we will soon find them in the bookstores around the world!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Lucid Yume
Astral Realm

Post by Lucid Yume »

This is a real pity, especially since so many members put so much effort into translating those volumes, only to have them removed by the company with publishing rights. Not to say that I don't support the company, as I have purchased the first two English Suzumiya Haruhi volumes that were released, but I feel that the company should work on getting those 'untranslated' novels out.

Why should Baka-Tsuki get in trouble for the novels which are not in conflict with the released volumes? Volumes 3-9 of Haruhi are still ‘fan’ translations at the moment without conflict… it would be nice if they were only removed when the English volumes were released. I dislike waiting for the volumes, of which volume 3 is due in July and 4 is still unset. For some reason companies feel that they must release volumes only every six month (goes for manga and light novels alike), even if they are behind some ten odd volumes.

I was still in the process of reading The Indignation of Suzumiya Haruhi, and now it has been removed from Baka-Tsuki. Fortunately, I guessed something like this might happen sooner or later and also have some readings ‘maintained’. *Ahem*, of course these have not affiliation with Baka-Tsuki whatsoever...

Thank You to the entire team that made these novels possible!
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Eh. This was inevitable, and it just means the company is actually taking the books seriously. Which is a good thing.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

I leave for a few days and this happens? Come friggin on!
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

A sad day at BT.

Got to learn Japanese now, or I'll be waiting decades to see the translated version of Volume 10 :mrgreen:

Return to “News”