To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you like to see this novel translated? Please give a reason.

Yes
98%
No
1%
Maybe
1%

Total votes: 961

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

Post by Darklor »

The thing is, this like the same as in some of those werewolf stories where they transform into the wolf form if the moon is seen at the sky, but not if there are clouds before the moon - I always thought that is dumb silly, but that is how the story was told in the authors or creators freedom of the artist - so it is not really something to think about to much. ;)

(So by the way I do like those newer idea of an werwolf more, who can transform always into the wolf at will and so some of the stories about those, but this were (american) english novels and not japanese light novels (at least I dont know of a japanese one till now) ;))
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Darklor wrote:The thing is, this like the same as in some of those werewolf stories where they transform into the wolf form if the moon is seen at the sky, but not if there are clouds before the moon - I always thought that is dumb silly, but that is how the story was told in the authors or creators freedom of the artist - so it is not really something to think about to much. ;)

(So by the way I do like those newer idea of an werwolf more, who can transform always into the wolf at will and so some of the stories about those, but this were (american) english novels and not japanese light novels (at least I dont know of a japanese one till now) ;))
Japanese Light Novel Dragon Crisis, Volume 3, introduction of a girl who had an artifact implanted in her, thus she has the ability to transform into a girl with wolf capabilities, a cute werewolf in a sense, like that?

Japanese Light Novel Rental Magica, Volume 10 was it? Magica VS Vampire, TWO werewolves appeared, using power of runes.

Sorry, u were saying what about werewolves?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Wilfriback
Astral Realm

Post by Wilfriback »

Ken_FF told me the names of these nuns :

Ursula Aquinas

Anieze Sanctis

PD: Thanks for the new :lol: chapter, they made me laugh hard
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

Thanks for volume 12, Joay. I'm going to assume volume 13 is next on your list since you added it, right?

Also, should we put Holy and Nera Sleith on a MIA Translators list? They've been gone a while, and from what I can tell without warning too.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

hmmm....been kinda drawn into To aru kagaku no railgun, Mikoto side story.

Really like the tsundere-ing they do in it with her and Touma.

Not really interested in any novel in this series until volume 16. that's were the real fun starts.... :lol: :wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

onizuka-gto wrote:hmmm....been kinda drawn into To aru kagaku no railgun, Mikoto side story.

Not really interested in any novel in this series until volume 16. that's were the real fun starts.... :lol: :wink:
i am only into the railgun series but should i still read this series, even with season 2 coming?

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

b0mb3r wrote:
i am only into the railgun series but should i still read this series, even with season 2 coming?

not really, I do believe the side story will hold up by itself quite well as Mikoto side of the story will cover some of the important events that happened in the majutsu index side and more. So unless you are curious as to what happened during those events for a complete picture, you can always watch the main series later on.

However, I don't really think it's necessary, Tsundere mikoto is all we really need! :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
joay_b
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by joay_b »

onizuka-gto wrote:However, I don't really think it's necessary, Tsundere mikoto is all we really need! :)
What particular tsudere behavior you're looking forward to? Cat fights against Kamijou's "harem"?

P.S. Mikoto almost did it with Misaka 10032 if were it not for Last Order ...
まず隗より始めよ。
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

onizuka-gto wrote:Tsundere mikoto is all we really need! :)
Agreed :D

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

b0mb3r wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:hmmm....been kinda drawn into To aru kagaku no railgun, Mikoto side story.

In my opinion, this novel series isnt the best to look out for. There are some cool scenes from time to time, but I just hate it when things happen as how NEEDLESS(the manga/anime) would put it. "Anger would let you win. The death of a comrade would let you turn the tides. Hmph, there is no miracle so convenient in this world!!" And To Aru Majutsu no Index tend to love going in this manner. Furthermore, noone dies... And as the author tries to make Touma look unfortunate, I begin to feel that Touma is just trying to "claim" hes unfortunate, acting pitiful to gain compassion or something...

So personally, I dont think you should really read the series? But since oni said that the fun starts from 16, then i have no comments, coz i am currently still stuck on 11
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

gto i just read the latest chapter of railgun series (translated) where mikoto is discovering the "sister" project herself before the touma arc. i was looking at some discussion where some said the latest volume of index actually shows the reason why the SISTER project exist. i am getting an impression from many people that the recent volumes are finally letting our revelations of many arcs. is that what you meant when volume 16 starts the fun?

god it makes me feel like i should be masochist and read all those NEEDLESS Stories and be surprised why they aren't so needless

baka baka baka
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

joay_b wrote:What particular tsudere behavior you're looking forward to? Cat fights against Kamijou's "harem"?

P.S. Mikoto almost did it with Misaka 10032 if were it not for Last Order ...
:roll:

I wonder if I should lurk and look for that certain single-long-page doujinshi which Last Order (and Accelerator) did not disturb the said catfight in progress...

... If it's about catfights I do believe volume 9 shows some evidence of it, hmm?
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

For those who wonder - there was a little progress since November for this series...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Enigma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

Darklor wrote:For those who wonder - there was a little progress since November for this series...
And we've gained another translator through the purging of other series. The Watch feature can show all this, except with Joay's updates it helps if you do each page individually, as he doesn't bother to update the main page with progress. I may start doing this for him, although instead of the words I'd probably just do something like 'Part 8/11' (counting the Between the lines) or the percentage of the parts (8/11 as 73%) instead of word count.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

The problem is that some parts are a lot longer than others, so its kind of inaccurate to say that if i complete 8 parts out of 11. That's why I prefer using word count % for this. I do update the % on the main page, just not consistently.

One thing though is that I don't have the illustrations, so can someone kindly do them up for me? Thanks in advance.

Btw. Anyone need me to do a translator note or something?

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”