Rate these anime~

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Rate these anime~

Post by Dan »

Since this seems to have died...

Urgh! I've had Byousoku 5cm for a while and I finally watched it. It had good animation, but I thought the story was awful! It felt as if nothing happened in the entire story, we only got to watch a guy have his love for a girl slowly crushed over the course of his life. Well, from the ending, I'm guessing he was a jerk and didn't write back to the girl. If he had kept up with her, maybe things would have turned out differently. Was it because he met that surfer girl he stopped writing?

Anyway 4/10.

Rate: Wolf and Spice
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

He didn't send Akari any mail because he knew their relationship wouldn't work out, and he probably didn't send any mail to his girl in Tokyo because he didn't like her. The surfer girl had no involvement with any of his other girls except realize there was someone else in his heart.

7/10 for Spice & Wolf.

It was decent and could have been a lot longer. Though it's so obvious there's going to be a second season. >_>

Rate: Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

5/10

VERY cookie cutter anime with too much fanservice for my taste. They didn't play the succubus angle or the fact that he's just some badass kid enough and just stuck to crappy situations.

Rate it: D N Angel
fraye
Astral Realm

Post by fraye »

May I?

7/10

I like how they made the first episode catchy by giving a glimpse of dark and light's final battle. The action is good at best but I really love its character developments when it comes to their romantic relationships. The ending was also satisfactory.

Please rate: Final Approach
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

7/10

It was nice, short and very funny. It could have been a bit longer just to get rid of that rushed feeling. I do like the op though.

Rate: Jigoku Shoujo
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

6.5/10

The plot is decent, but the way it presents itself can get stale fast. It is kind of like watching Sailor Moon over and over again the way it repeats itself. I do like the artwork and some of the character interactions and development though. It seems like they are milking it a bit much as well.

Rate: Touka Gettan
fraye
Astral Realm

Post by fraye »

I haven't been able to finish that yet... so I can't rate it.

I'll my rating for an anime that is mentioned but remained unrated.

His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano): 8/10

This anime could have been better with a stable ending. The show has a really great start but having one also has its cons. People watching would ask for even greater episode after each epic episode. In this show's case, it does gets better but not until its end. Like a very fast racing car aiming for a championship with a new time record but suddenly having it wrecked near the finish line, this show leaves a shock of disappointment to its viewers (at the very least, that is what it did to me).

Still... one can not deny the strong impression it had at the beginning. A great show indeed.

Well let's continue... like ainsoph9 wants please rate Touka Gettan. :)
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I haven't seen that one, but I do want to mention one of the best anime I've seen in a while now.

Samurai Champloo.
Janny
Astral Realm

Post by Janny »

First of all:
About that "Stratos 4"-thingie that has been posted on the first page:No we don't get a chuckle. Well, maybe I don't get one because I don't erally understand why Germans are supposed to get a chuckle when saying it...anyone can tell me why?! xD[Nad as you can see, I'm able to speak english. And even though i do, I don't understand. xD}

Haven't seen evrything of it, but so far...uhm~
6/10
Maybe?! It's not that it isn't interesting, but somehow all that reminds me a lil bit of this rapps...I don't like them. The rappers I eman. They're standing in street corners at 1 AM smoking their 10.000th cigarette and are drinking the amount of alcohol i will drink in my whole life in one evening. Besides, they're listening to sexistic, bad sounding and violence-supporting "music"["Music" because all that actually can be called music are the backgroudn instrumentals...the "singers" are just talking- that's a thing I can do, too...-.-']. Well, don't need people like that. [If omeone among you is a Rapper: Geomen ne, it is my opinion. At least it turns out that the rappers in Germany are like that. All superficially and stuff. And if i hate something, then thing is definetly a superficially person...]
Anyways, the anime has it's good sides to, and it just does get this rating from me, because I personally don't like rappers...[and I still dunno why it reminds me of rappers xD]

Anyways~. I've noticed animes are repeating and that I actually didn't watch most of them, so I'll throw in our first Mahou Shoujo ANime[I doubt one of you watched it, but I love it!*goes around all girly*=D]

So, Rate: Shugo Chara!^.^
Mies
Astral Realm

Post by Mies »

Shugo Chara

An anime dubbed by its fans to be the second Card Captor Sakura, Shugo Chara is a story centered around Hinamori Ayu, a "Cool and Spicy" Middle School girl with. Though, this is all a mask she puts on. In actuality, Ayu is just your typical shy girl. One night she wishes for change. And this wish was granted. Well, kinda. She gave birth to three eggs of her soul; her would-be selves. These would-be selves have the ability to inject themselves into Ayu and change her personality temporarily, and, possibly, give her super powers. One could surmise from this plot that the story is generic and basic, but it actually runs deep with symbolism; though it is heavily episodic.

Shugo Chara continues to hold to Peach-Pit style of big eyes, zany hair, gothic lolita artstyle, strong female lead, and storyline undertones. The characters are well drawn and each are unique in at least one way; though none of them have any difference in complexion. Artistically, it's slightly refreshing, though the colors chosen are a bit bright. Then again, this anime was designed for the pre-teen to teen age group, so the colors are justified. Shifting into chibi moments at random, the anime stays lighthearted when it needs to be, and it shfits to dark when it should be. These animators deserve to be praised, as their style is very clean and concise with what they want to do.

Voice acting is very nicely done (including the popular voice actor , and the soundtrack is quite excellent. I found myself whistling the main theme while walking down the halls at work when I was watching it, along with Utau's insert songs. Not certain of the OST is worth the money, but I do know that if a vocal album comes out, I'd happily buy it.

All In all, my score for the anime is:

Character: 8/10
Story: 7/10
Sound: 8/10
Animation: 9/10
Value: 5/10

Overall: 7/10

Now rate.... HYAKKO
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Mies wrote:Now rate.... HYAKKO
I don't remember why I dropped it/10

I just finished the first Mobile Suit Gundam, and was pleasantly surprised how decent it was. I'd like to hear what others thought of it.

Rate it: Mobile Suit Gundam
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
Mies wrote:Now rate.... HYAKKO
I don't remember why I dropped it/10

I just finished the first Mobile Suit Gundam, and was pleasantly surprised how decent it was. I'd like to hear what others thought of it.

Rate it: Mobile Suit Gundam
When I watched the original Gundam series, it was okay, especially as I only watched one or two episodes specifically the very first one.

However if I was to compare it in context of the time period and significations of this anime series, I have to say it was fantastic.

let me clarify.
One thing about these 80's anime is that they pack a lot of story and character development in one episode. While they still run to about 21-25mins standard, it always feels like it's longer, which is a good thing.

For the first Epic mecha suit type anime its was revolutionary, the first to portray robots as wearable "suits", oversize as they are, almost in the context of piloting a plane or a tank, not some sort of Artificial Intelligent Superhero or a remote control entity. obviously when compared in hindsight with the anime these days, you can see a lot of it being quite cliche, but when compared to the anime series of the 70's it is indeed, pardon my lack of vocabulary, quite epic.

Also it was quite bloody too, you can probably single handily blame Yoshiyuki Tomino for the failure that was Shinji from Evangelion and the (probably) the first ending edition.
:roll:

While all the following series with the exception of 08th MS team, Gundam G and maybe Gundam 00 (if only for the great opening and closing theme songs by Stephanie)

the rest has been pretty much a remake of the original and bring nothing really new except for the more outlandish and almost fantasy like weaponry.

Grudgingly, without Original Gundam the sub-genre of "realistic" or "real" Robots in the Mecha genre, the fantastic and utterly EPIC SPACE DRAMA that was MACROSS: SUPER DIMENSIONAL FORTRESS would never of been spawn, so because of that, I salute you Original Gundam!

7 Bullets out of a standard Desert Eagle .44 magazine on target. :lol: :roll: :P

Rate it: Noein
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Noein was a new approach on sci-fi with a philosophical twist. The animation is good, but it is a little raw in terms of its style, kind of like Fooly Cooly. The music for the series is good as well. Most importantly, the plot is quite complex with numerous unexpected turns but not like the kind in Code Geass. If one likes sci-fi, existential philosophy, Buddhism, romance, action, and a strong cast, this is a good series to watch.

9/10

Initial D
Gwilthyunman
Senior Project Translator

Post by Gwilthyunman »

Initial D is definitely something that hordes of racing fans would enjoy. Filled with references to cars and racing techniques, it's a wild ride for auto aficionados. Even if you're a girl, you'll still be able to enjoy this series. As for all the skeptics out there who don't think that a series filled with car races sounds too promising, well, you'll have to decide for yourself. Every episode is a mind-blowing adventure, and every race is even newer and more enjoyable than the last. To cut a long gloat short, this is the first time in a long while since I've been so fired up about a series, so I recommend to everyone to at least check this out. Buckle up your seatbelts, and get ready to drive to the limit.

8/10

Rate it: Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Phantom was a good series, but it follows Beetrain's (stereo)typical pitfalls. The plot is good, but it is somewhat of a slow series. At the same time, the plot is messed up. I do not recommend this series for anyone looking for a no-brainer, shooting series that is lighthearted and fun. I do recommend this series for the hard-boiled types that would like series like "Rainbow" and the like because this series is tough to watch on a moral, philosophical, intellectual, and emotional level. One episode, especially when the series gets into the middle part and end, is enough to drain some viewers with a weaker constitution. While the premise of the series is mafioso in nature, the lessons the series teach are not for kids nor are many of the scenes. Every once in a while you will get a little laugh or something to give you a smile or a good action scene, but this series is not about that at all. Overall, if you liked series like Noir, Madlax, etc., you will probably like this series, especially if you like things that give you a mind-screw. On the other hand, this series is simply not for everyone nor is it meant to be.

7.5/10

Rate it: Hyouge Mono

Return to “Animes”