Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 2177

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai

Post by Darklor »

Oh, sure I meant the former - since I cant know if the Big Boss is already working on a new (teaser) project... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Kresnik
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kresnik »

I can only hope that this wouldn't met the same fate like Bungaku Shoujo. :roll:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

For those who don't know yet, I'm currently translating a chapter--very easy, and with a lot of dialogue, and short chapters. I especially like to translate short chapters, so I'll do a chapter, and maybe more.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Reader | Guest
Astral Realm

Post by Reader | Guest »

Nice. I'm happy to see Boku wa tomodachi as an official project now. Thank you guys for translating.

One little gripe though or maybe I'm overlooking this. How come there are no honorifics? Wouldn't an unlocalized translation be ideal for this kind of series? I'd definitely prefer it, if possible!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Reader | Guest wrote:Nice. I'm happy to see Boku wa tomodachi as an official project now. Thank you guys for translating.

One little gripe though or maybe I'm overlooking this. How come there are no honorifics? Wouldn't an unlocalized translation be ideal for this kind of series? I'd definitely prefer it, if possible!
Yo. Here's Kira.
Well, I think, correct me if I'm wrong, we have only translated Kodoka, Yozora, Sena and the maid(forgot the name) who admires Kodoka. It seems that they decided to speak to themselves without any honorifics, except the maid who, I think, adds -sama to Kodoka. There will be
Spoiler! :
the mad scientist who might add senpai, the loli-teacher and others.
Also, my translations will have very little suffixes, since I translate from Chinese and that it's pretty difficult to find them. I only suppose that "大人" means -sama, and suppose from Big Boss TLG's past translations.
Kira0802

kuroi_shinigami
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

Let me see..... Yozora and Sena doesn't use any honorific in calling Kodaka, Yukimura(the maid) use aniki(big brother, usually used in yakuza greeting) to call him, Rika(the scientist) call him Senpai and Kodaka-senpai, Kobato(his sister) call him An-chan (cute way to call onii-chan in Osaka-ben IIRC, not too sure though) while Maria(the loli teacher) called him onii-chan. So, there's not a lot of honorific in this series.
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

So if this is now an offical project this thread could be moved into the Aux. Brigades section...

Darklor

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Moved!

And Shadow scores another one!! Only 9999 more to hit the 0 mark!! (Current at -9999)
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

Suddenly feel like translating something from Volume 5.

Very NSFW.
Spoiler! :
Scene- on a roller coaster. I have taken the liberty to add in supplementary things like commas, periods, etc. to make the lines flow better.

“Whoever thought this up this ride is god damn crazy die, die you damn shit, hentai, Itsuki roller coaster designer! Stop stop! Reverse the train! I am gonna kill you gonna kill you! Nonononono! Please stop! I am gonna die gonna die gonna die! Damn it! Me-Me-Meat you dumbass piece of meat! This is all your fault. God damn this is all your fault, if only you didn’t get the tickets. It is all your fault that there are so much shitty things in my life! It is all your fault that ** is not interested in me at all! I am gonna kill you, absolutely I am gonna kill you, grind you into a splat of grind meat, and turn you into Vienna sausages! Die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die, damn you damn you damn you damn you damn you damn you damn damn you damn you damn you damn you damn you! Ah, ah, ah, no, I am gonna fall gonna fall gonna fall! Let me go let me go let me go nooooooooooooo! Ahhhgg, help me **dako (I didn’t hear her clearly) ahhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggg--------------------------------------------------------------!!” (Yozora)

“Don-don-don-don’t think that I will let you go after you put me through this. This hunk of metal is just a toy, it’s not safe it’s gonna kill us! You, this, this will really kill, stop this, please stop this thing, I am begging you please stop this, please let me go ahhhh-ahhhhh-ahhhhh-ahhhhhh-! So high so high so high high high! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooo-------------------------! He, hey Yozora! Don’t sit beside me and curse at me at the same time! It’s scary! Very scary! Ahhhhhh, I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry I apologize I apologize I apologize! Let me go let me go, I am gonna die gonna die. No, this is wrong. I am willing to do anything so please spare my life. If you want money I can give you as much as you want! You can do whatever you want with the other people, but please you must save me ah oh my god ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it’s gonna fall it’s gonna fall, Ko, Kodako! Kodako Kodako Kodako Kodako ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh----------------------------------------------!” (Sena)

“Ah-----------! Yozora you lied to me again?! We are all going to die from this, you bunch of rotten oranges! Ahh-------------! Shit! Shit! Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit! Waht?! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?! Muwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?! Aha, aha, ahahahaha! Ahahahaha so high high high! Ahahahahahahahahaha---------------holy dog shit univer---------------------------su!!” (Maria, looking very excited)

“…..Kuku…Kukuku……Black Dragon, come…..take thine to the end of time and space……kukuku…kukkukuuuuuuuu…ugug, ug ku ku An chan, an u~~~ug ug, ugon’t yell ‘shit hit’ that’s annoying you dog shit nun! Ah------------?! A, An chan ah, An chan where are you?! I said you are annoying shut up! An chan is gone?! An chan ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhggg, fugyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, bieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooon!” (Kobato, crying)

“Śāriputra, form is not different from emptiness, and emptiness is not different from form. Form itself is emptiness, and emptiness itself is form. Sensation, conception, synthesis, and discrimination are also such as this. Śāriputra, all phenomena are empty: they are neither created nor destroyed, neither defiled nor pure, and they neither increase nor diminish. This is because in emptiness there is no form, sensation, conception, synthesis, or discrimination. There are no eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body, or thoughts………” (Yukimura’s voice is as passive as ever. I think he is chanting the Buddhist Heart Sutra. But really, being stuck here and hearing a voice coming from behind me chanting Buddhist mantra- this is really really freaky! Stop doing that!)

“………………”
*Snap*
“………………poke”
“poke, poke, poke fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck……! Gravity you poking dog shit…..! I see. As long as it’s an object, you gravity will poking suck it, you damn Mikuru! Gravity you damn horny Mikuru. How lecherous are you gonna get, gravity, poking shit……! Ha! Earth you god damn materialistic lusty whore, look at your obscene in-heat dog face! Gravity you damn whore. Newtonian physic you damn slut! Yes Isaac you PuppyofaMikuru little Itsuki. After your old man fucked that rotten apple juice filled horny apply nyan-nyan, you were poking born from the leftover semen! Special relativity you poking foreskin Itsuki! Einstein you impotence old geezer! What, you got something to say?! If you do then poking rise that thingy of yours! Cum faster than the speed of light! A pig that can travel through time is just a shitty premature ejaculated piece of shit Itsuki! poking poking poking poking poking poking poking poking poking poking poking poking poking universe ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaa Rika has gone Yan---------------?!”
Forum filter makes the lines look harmless and adorable :p
唯「もし・・・今後他の女の子に一切ハレンチな事しないって約束するなら・・・わ・・・私・・・私なら・・・」
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Spoiler! :
Is it the part where they go to the amusment park and then Yozora and Sena were arguing saying that it's not scary the roller, and where to science girl starts to swear? Good one, Big Boss. :D
Kira0802

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Add it, add it! :mrgreen:

Darklor

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

V2 Prologue FINISHED! Took long enough.

P-S: Needs important editing.
Kira0802

ab3
Astral Realm

Post by ab3 »

kira0802 wrote:V2 Prologue FINISHED! Took long enough.

P-S: Needs important editing.
Congratulation,you have my thanks(more Sena,Kobato and Maria!!! :D )
Zell_ff8
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zell_ff8 »

I just started reading the japanese volume. Didn't know it was already advanced. I could use BT' to compare and check my reading comprehension.
Impressions later.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Kira0802

Return to “Abandoned”