It's coming...

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: It's coming...

Post by Poke2201 »

You are just full of enthusiasm lol...
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

@TGM: i think it falls under "corporate sweatshop".. if you're a postpaid wireless subscriber to one of the major players in the US of A, and you end up having to call Customer Care, then you're likely to talk to people like me.. in before crits :?

i gather that Hachette intends to release internationally at about the same date. so let's see if i got anything wrong; kadokawa intends on releasing in Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and S. Korea simultaneously, with hachette picking up the rest of the franchise at a later date, right?

sooo.. assuming that we're good to go translating UNTIL hachette sends us another C&D - probably with guns blazing the second time - that gives us what, a probable schedule of less than a year? for 2 books? starting from next week, i think..

of course, its all assumptions, until we get word from Big Boss TLG 8)

P.S. i REALLY need to be able to order them online, or else find a good fellow for some favors that will be paid back with interest, in due time :?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Amazon is your friend. Sometimes.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

kira0802 wrote:
larethian wrote:not having the time to read it, I scanned through the afterword, seems like this is really the end.
The end of the series? You mean V10?
yes
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Baka-Tsuki will not be supporting the translation of Volume 10. The project is considered abandoned, and will remain that way until further notice.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Baka-Tsuki will not be supporting the translation of Volume 10. The project is considered abandoned, and will remain that way until further notice.
Not surprised. Well, anyway, fans will find it on a website other than BT, since there are people don't make an 'official' group.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
FNX
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]

Post by FNX »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Baka-Tsuki will not be supporting the translation of Volume 10. The project is considered abandoned, and will remain that way until further notice.
Two questions, does that include the side-story Rainy Day? and does that include other languages?
La unica manera de medir la vida es por medio de la pasion de vivirla...
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

I would think everything. Its abandoned, so it would mean that we won't touch it whatsoever.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

FNX wrote:
Two questions, does that include the side-story Rainy Day? and does that include other languages?
Poke is correct. B-T won't be supporting anything Haruhi related while it is abandoned.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Oh well, we have ZnT, Index, SnS, IS and much much more.
ryoohki777
Astral Realm

Post by ryoohki777 »

shoulda just done it without asking... like they say, it's much easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission :D

but if anyone really wants to translate it it's not like there's anything stopping you... it's completely understandable why BT wouldn't want to be involved after getting a C&D but just because it can't be hosted here doesn't mean there aren't other sites that would gladly host it
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Still though, lets not leave a paper trail... :roll:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Though I wonder about the side stories. Is it abandonned also since maybe there wouldn't be any licencing of these volumes, or that maybe it would come out only 10 years after?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
s4gk
Kyonist

Post by s4gk »

So will the Volume 10 & 11 will bw translated?
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Nope. We abandoned this project due to Hachette Books and Yen Press. We are done with this project.

Return to “Volume 10 - The Astonishment of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第十巻: 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕”