Has the project stalled?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby sreeml5thira » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:04 am

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Guest wrote:Not to push you or anything but it's been over a year since anyone touched KnS, do you think you'll have time to translate another chapter sometime soon? Plz? Pretty plz? Pretty plz with cherry and whipped cream?


I know, trying but no promises... though it seems I might have more free time this semester... Still, no promises...


Please work on it... even the ignitions would be fine.. I'm so bored without it......... Please, please, pretty please.......... :cry:
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, but Today is a Gift.
............That's why it's called the Present.............
;)
User avatar
sreeml5thira
Reader
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:08 am
Location: God's Own Country

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby ShadowZeroHeart » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:53 am

Well, someone contacted me not too long ago, might be a new translator, not sure, but yeah, will be working on it slowly, sorry...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
User avatar
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Amidst the Shadows

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby sreeml5thira » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:52 am

:cry: (thinking: what sorry? it's been over a year!)
Do work on it, OK? I really hope the one who contacted you can become a translator for KnS.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, but Today is a Gift.
............That's why it's called the Present.............
;)
User avatar
sreeml5thira
Reader
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:08 am
Location: God's Own Country

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby Alexander » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:01 am

When I first watched the anime, I figured this series had potential. I liked the first 2 translated volumes of KnS here. Thanks for the hard work on them.


I think its gonna turn pretty less awesome after volume 2. At least that's what the anime taught me.
SEEK EVERYTHING
User avatar
Alexander
Kyonist
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:06 am

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby sreeml5thira » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:30 am

Alexander wrote:When I first watched the anime, I figured this series had potential. I liked the first 2 translated volumes of KnS here. Thanks for the hard work on them.


I think its gonna turn pretty less awesome after volume 2. At least that's what the anime taught me.


The 3rd vol. is about Ren's development, and the 4th, as you have seen, about Kazuma's past, Tokyo RPG and stuff. But trust me on one thing, the anime studio (GONZO) made it less awesome than the novels. For instance,(according to a source) the part where Yukari sneaked into a pandemonium gathering and was about to get caught, in the novel, she actually writes and sends a short novel on her situation!
Spoiler! :
“There’s no way I can condone Grand Mage’s great power. Dreadful. Even my heart cringes just by the sound of mice running around. I hear a voice. Grand Mage is calling out my name. And his presence is looming. Perhaps that magician has already found me, and is just trying to scare me out of my wits. I hear his footsteps. Stomping, stomping… He’s drawing near this place. What appalling situation have I gotten myself into, O God!…” LOOL

Yukari continues…

“Ahh! I can’t take this anymore! To whoever gets to read this mail, please tell my friend Paul (?) that I’m a fool, that it’s my fault that I didn’t heed his advice (I need some help to gain further insight on this joke… I’m thinking this is a parody of something /hmm). The sound of footsteps has been silenced. Instead, I hear someone knocking at the door. Clonk, clonk– ah, he’s here…. right by the door.

He opens the door. An ominous creak is heard, slowly… And from the crevice of the door, a pallid scrawny-looking hand reaches out to me– Ahh! Ahh!”

…and there’s no more message after this… (Yukari gets caught, duh) ^^:;;;
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, but Today is a Gift.
............That's why it's called the Present.............
;)
User avatar
sreeml5thira
Reader
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:08 am
Location: God's Own Country

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby ShadowZeroHeart » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 pm

sreeml5thira wrote:
Alexander wrote:When I first watched the anime, I figured this series had potential. I liked the first 2 translated volumes of KnS here. Thanks for the hard work on them.


I think its gonna turn pretty less awesome after volume 2. At least that's what the anime taught me.


The 3rd vol. is about Ren's development, and the 4th, as you have seen, about Kazuma's past, Tokyo RPG and stuff. But trust me on one thing, the anime studio (GONZO) made it less awesome than the novels. For instance,(according to a source) the part where Yukari sneaked into a pandemonium gathering and was about to get caught, in the novel, she actually writes and sends a short novel on her situation!
Spoiler! :
“There’s no way I can condone Grand Mage’s great power. Dreadful. Even my heart cringes just by the sound of mice running around. I hear a voice. Grand Mage is calling out my name. And his presence is looming. Perhaps that magician has already found me, and is just trying to scare me out of my wits. I hear his footsteps. Stomping, stomping… He’s drawing near this place. What appalling situation have I gotten myself into, O God!…” LOOL

Yukari continues…

“Ahh! I can’t take this anymore! To whoever gets to read this mail, please tell my friend Paul (?) that I’m a fool, that it’s my fault that I didn’t heed his advice (I need some help to gain further insight on this joke… I’m thinking this is a parody of something /hmm). The sound of footsteps has been silenced. Instead, I hear someone knocking at the door. Clonk, clonk– ah, he’s here…. right by the door.

He opens the door. An ominous creak is heard, slowly… And from the crevice of the door, a pallid scrawny-looking hand reaches out to me– Ahh! Ahh!”

…and there’s no more message after this… (Yukari gets caught, duh) ^^:;;;


Awww you should help translate...

As for the project, i think its better to label it as stalled, i still hope to work on it, but i doubt i can spend much time, so its progressing so slowly, its better to call it stalled!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
User avatar
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Amidst the Shadows

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby sreeml5thira » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:20 am

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Awww you should help translate...

As for the project, i think its better to label it as stalled, i still hope to work on it, but i doubt i can spend much time, so its progressing so slowly, its better to call it stalled!

What the..?! I clearly remember saying that "according to a source". In reality, I can't even tell apart chinese from japanese ( true to some extend)!

Most importantly, whatever you do, please don't let it become 'stalled'. :(

And I came across the excerpt at scrumptious.animeblogger.net. A blogger there, usagijen, might be a possible (and better) candidate for translation.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, but Today is a Gift.
............That's why it's called the Present.............
;)
User avatar
sreeml5thira
Reader
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:08 am
Location: God's Own Country

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby Mystes » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:06 pm

sreeml5thira wrote:What the..?! I clearly remember saying that "according to a source".


Which is the source? Is it posted on a blog?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
User avatar
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
 
Posts: 15932
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:54 am

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby Sreeml(5)thira » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:35 am

Its sreeml5thira here, too lazy to sign in and quote
Answering your question, yes it's on a blog: scrumptious.animeblogger.net . I really thank usagijen there for those wonderful posts.
User avatar
Sreeml(5)thira
Astral Realm
 

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby Iris0017 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:16 am

OK! i read the KNS project is stalled.
I'm about to cry right now! T.T
I'm watching and reading kns for the umpteenth time.
I found the ignitions and other volumes somewhere. What a mess that's no proper reading. They put it in google translate or something?
But yeah, false hope.


Usagijen is amazing. I keep on reading the KNS posts.
If she's going to be a translator for this i'll eat my shoes. It would be so amazing *tears of happines*
User avatar
Iris0017
Astral Realm
 

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby ShadowZeroHeart » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:19 am

Iris0017 wrote:OK! i read the KNS project is stalled.
I'm about to cry right now! T.T
I'm watching and reading kns for the umpteenth time.
I found the ignitions and other volumes somewhere. What a mess that's no proper reading. They put it in google translate or something?
But yeah, false hope.


Usagijen is amazing. I keep on reading the KNS posts.
If she's going to be a translator for this i'll eat my shoes. It would be so amazing *tears of happines*


Whos Usagijen...?

Yes, the project is stalled, due to the translator currently in his studies and cannot spare the time. The other potential translator seems to have translated volume 3, but has yet to upload and went overseas for a trip. Have yet to confirm his status.

And if Usagijen is willingly to translate, can you help us ask her, or give me her email so we may ask whether we can host the translations here?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
User avatar
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Amidst the Shadows

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby Iris0017 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:25 am

Urghhh damn i wish i could understand the language!
Just like in the movie limitless (<-- awesome movie), wish i had an IQ of 4 numbers, i'll be able to learn it in no time.
I'm being too unrealistic.
I'm too curious about volume 6, what's with that spear?
User avatar
Iris0017
Astral Realm
 

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby ShadowZeroHeart » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:31 am

Iris0017 wrote:Urghhh damn i wish i could understand the language!
Just like in the movie limitless (<-- awesome movie), wish i had an IQ of 4 numbers, i'll be able to learn it in no time.
I'm being too unrealistic.
I'm too curious about volume 6, what's with that spear?



Spoiler! :
A youth appears to challenge Ayano, the wielder of the divine weapon of flames. Even Kazuma finds this youth a little hard to handle... The reason being the youth wielding a spear. This spear being... The divine weapon of the wind!

The youth's family has been killed, and the youth seeks revenge. The youth's enemies seek to collect the four elemental divine weapons. Despite that, the youth do not see any reason for Ayano and gang to help, and thus intend to grab it, by force.

They eventually met wielders of the water and earth divine weapon wielders, and fought together. The youth escapes together with Ayano and Kazuma, back to their home. They got to know a little more about each other there, while Ayano suggests for the youth to talk to Kazuma, who has been on the path of revenge, and walked it till the end.

Later on, the wielders of water and earth divine weapon wielders came once more, and it seems that their divine weapons are not the original, and a forbidden being makes its presence, with fiends that are able to eat the spirits of a certain element. A wind fiend to lock Kazuma's wind abilities, and a fire one to lock Ayano's. They then enter into a hopeless battle that should be long since over...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
User avatar
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Amidst the Shadows

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby Iris0017 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:50 am

Spoiler! :
Image

So this is what happened because of that power lock?
I was like huh, how is that possible, but now i understand
User avatar
Iris0017
Astral Realm
 

Re: Has the project stalled?

Postby ShadowZeroHeart » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:44 am

Just for your information, thats not Kazuma...

Edit: To add on to that, that pic is of one of the police officers checking out the water and earth jitsushiis, but they were discovered, and they only need a single messenger to pass the message to Ayano and Kazuma, thus the other was killed, or was supposed to be killed, thus the ice spear.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
User avatar
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Amidst the Shadows

PreviousNext

Return to Kaze no Stigma

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron