Manager inactive

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Ask it here!

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Manager inactive

Postby BlackGhost » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:35 am

Hello all,

I'm new on Baka-Tsuki and I want to translate Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance from english to french. I've seen that I have to talk with the project manager to begin. I just have a little problem : the manager seem to be inactive for two years now. What can I do ?

Thanks for your help.
BlackGhost
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR

Re: Manager inactive

Postby Cthaeh » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:56 am

In this particular case, KuroiHikari was only listed as the English version project manager on the French page (I'm pretty sure KuroiHikari removed himself from the project years ago). Technically, I'm listed as the English version Blade Dance project manager on the English page (though zzhk was the one to add me, I think just so I wouldn't ask so many editing questions).

So if you're asking to translate from English to French, I would say go ahead. As a courtesy, you could also post to say that's your plan on the primary translator's, zzhk, talk page, but I don't think it will be an issue.

More generally, if there is an inactive project manager, check with the most active or most recent translator for the series. If there's not one of those either, then you can post on the admin contact page.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator

Return to General Help