Sword Art Online:Progressive
Sword Art Online: Progressive (ソードアート・オンライン プログレッシブ) is a spin-off series of Sword Art Online written by Reki Kawahara and illustrated by abec.
It is published by ASCII Media Works under their imprint Dengeki Bunko, and it is reboot of the SAO Aincrad Arc starting from a day or two before the clearing of the First Floor Boss, and continuing onwards.
As of January 2015, the series currently has 3 volumes.
Yen On lists first volume of Progressive for February 2015 release on distributor site.
The Sword Art Online: Progressive series is also available in the following languages:
- 1 Story Synopsis
- 2 Translation
- 3 Updates
- 4 The Sword Art Online:Progressive series by Reki Kawahara
- 5 Misc
- 6 Project Staff
- 7 Series Overview
"This game is impossible to clear. It's just a matter of when, where and how you die." Kayaba Akihiko's death game has been up for one month. This incredibly difficult VRMMO has already claimed 2000 victims. It's the day of the 1st floor boss strategy meeting. The solo player Kirito, who's decided to only strengthen himself, meets a rare female player on the current front lines, while heading to the meeting around noon. Fighting alone against the strong monsters, she was like a meteor cutting the night sky.
A compilation of Aria in the Starless Night, where Kirito becomes known as the Black Swordsman, the events concerning the 2nd floor boss clearing, and Rondo of the Transient Blade, the sad tale of a young male blacksmith.
Translators are asked to register which chapters they're working on
Every Chapter (after editing) must conform to the general format guidelines.
- General Format/Style Guideline
- Project specific Guidelines: Names and Terminology (might contain spoilers)
Older updates can be found on the SAO:Progressive:Updates page.
The Sword Art Online:Progressive series by Reki Kawahara
Note: Please be advised that these stories might or might not be canon and might also have details that are slightly different than the volumes above.
- Aria in the Starless Night (Aincrad 1st Floor, December 2022)
- Rondo of the Transient Sword (Aincrad 2nd Floor, 8 December 2022) (18/40)
- Sound of Water, Sound of Hammer (SAO Lisbeth Side Story) (Aincrad 48th Floor, August 2024)
- The Fourteenth Autumn (Aincrad 35th Floor, 4 October 2024)
- The Day Before (Aincrad 22nd Floor, 24 October 2024)
- Caliber SS (Failure Side)
- A Spot of Sunshine in the Winter (New Aincrad 22nd Floor, 31 December 2025)
- Versus (Roppongi, April 2026) (Accel World crossover)
- Cradle of the Moon (9%) (Warning: Alicization spoilers)
- There is but one ultimate way (Underworld, August 2026) (Warning: Alicization spoilers)
- The Day After
- The Celeste Fairy
- Story pencil board (Dengeki Bunko v30
- Breaking Damage Limit
- Tragical story on VRMMO development
Sword Art Online: Material Editions
The Material Edition (ME) series is a series of doujinshis created by Kawahara Reki himself using the pen name "Kunori Fumio" (the same pen name he used when he wrote the web novel of SAO). Material Edition 1 and 3 have no links because they are not text, they are in manga format.
- ME1: The Progressers
- ME2: Early Characters
- ME3: Ceramic Heart
- ME4: Cold hand, Warm heart (Aincrad 50th Floor, September 2024)
- ME5: Salvia (Kawagoe, January 2025)
- ME6: Algade Showdown (Aincrad 22nd Floor, October 2024)
- ME7: Continuation: Aria in the Starless Night (Aincrad 2nd Floor, 4 December 2022)
- ME8: Rondo of the Transient Sword - first chapter (Aincrad 2nd Floor, 8 December 2022)
- ME9: Concerto of Black and White - first chapter (Aincrad 3rd Floor, 14 December 2022)
- ME10: 16.6 (Aincrad 22nd Floor, 24 October 2024)
- ME11: 16.7 (Aincrad 22nd Floor, 25 October 2024)
- ME12: 16.8 (Aincrad 22nd Floor, 25 October 2024)
- Project Supervisor:
- Project Manager:
- ソードアート・オンライン プログレッシブ 1 ---(October 1, 2012, ISBN 978-4-04-886977-5)
- ソードアート・オンライン プログレッシブ 2 ---(December 10, 2013, ISBN 978-4-04-866163-8)
- ソードアート・オンライン プログレッシブ 3 ---(December 10, 2014, ISBN 978-4-04-869096-6)