Dragon Crisis by Kizaki Kaya

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Dragon Crisis by Kizaki Kaya

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Crimsonbreaker13 wrote:it never hurt to translate the series and let other people decide where story is good or not.
It hurts, a lot. The reason it don't seem to hurt is because you ain't doing the work... We have very limited number of translators, and a lot of possible projects. So please, do give translators credit, and not claim "It is no big deal anyway". Which is the reason why the staff do not rush translators for projects. This isn't our job, we are doing it voluntarily.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Crimsonbreaker13 wrote:the anime are pretty good but i still want to read the light novel since it go into more details. And i know some people want this series to be translated since they don't know japanese. it never hurt to translate the series and let other people decide where story is good or not. Since i want the light novel series Mayoi Neko Overrun to be translated but the people know japanese say it's not worth reading but i don't know japanese so i can't decide whether the ending is bad like they say or something else..
You say it like people ought to slave it out for you. If the TLs decided it isn' t worth translating, under what circumstances do they still have to slave out a TL? Just because of you?
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

i watched the anime 2 times now and i think it whould be good to translate it altho i dont know jappanese or chinese or korean if it was in english i whould buy it n i havent bought any even tho i really do like them tbh in my opinion the anime of this beats harry potter videos in my books (some whouldnt agree but awell i said in my books) but anyway if anyone can please i whould beg in i think its called sietsa or something the one where your on your knees n hands above head with head on ground for someone to translate this to english
cramped
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cramped »

Guest wrote:i watched the anime 2 times now and i think it whould be good to translate it altho i dont know jappanese or chinese or korean if it was in english i whould buy it n i havent bought any even tho i really do like them tbh in my opinion the anime of this beats harry potter videos in my books (some whouldnt agree but awell i said in my books) but anyway if anyone can please i whould beg in i think its called sietsa or something the one where your on your knees n hands above head with head on ground for someone to translate this to english
It is called dogeza.
Patron God of NTRed
Crimsonbreaker13
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Crimsonbreaker13 »

im not saying that the TLs should translate the LNs just for me but waht i mean is the anime cover only a few volumes of the LNs and the rest of the LNs may not get an anime adaptation. If any of translators willing to trasnlate this series, i would be grateful since i dont know japanese and are busy with uni stuffs. i dont mean to offend anyone into misunderstand that the translators should translate this series for me alone and if i did, then im sorry for that. I want the series translate just like everone else but if there are no one want to do it, then im willing to wait until someone decide to translate it.
Kemm
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

At this point in time, a second season seems unlikely, so all of us who want to know what happens after that have to wait for some charitative soul to translate this.
wakbob
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Dragon Crisis! Question

Post by wakbob »

I really want to read the light novel after finishing the anime.
It's been 3 years since it finished, so how come Baka Tsuki doesn't have it translated?
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Dragon Crisis! Question

Post by denormative »

wakbob wrote:I really want to read the light novel after finishing the anime.
It's been 3 years since it finished, so how come Baka Tsuki doesn't have it translated?
None of the translators are enthusiastic enough about it to spend the time required to translate it.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
DarkD1
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DarkD1 »

voting no, there are better projects to translate than this. If the anime even resembles the light novel then I definitely say no. That was a horrible anime... Worthy of its abominable rating on myanimelist. The translators even seem to agree that its a mediocre light novel as well. The art was terrible, the story was cliche and predictable, and to top it off they had garbage dragons.... I was looking forward to this series when the anime was coming out, I can't say exactly how disappointed I was with it.

In short, we have few translators and lots to choose from. People who only vote yes on everything shouldn't be allowed to vote... It defeats the whole purpose of the voting system.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

The votes do not dictate anything.

BT is a open source platform. http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... suki:About
TheEternalShade
Astral Realm

Post by TheEternalShade »

I will put up a translation of the first 3 novels when I get the time to translate the raws, no promises on how good the translation will be, just thought some might like to know there is somebody working on translating DRAGON CRISIS!
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

TheEternalShade wrote:I will put up a translation of the first 3 novels when I get the time to translate the raws, no promises on how good the translation will be, just thought some might like to know there is somebody working on translating DRAGON CRISIS!
I may be presuming too much here, but BT fairly recently adopted a somewhat stricter stance on machine translations. See here. That would apply if you intended to post a text that has been created (and/or edited) from machine translation on the BT wiki.

If you are translating yourself with your understanding of Japanese, or whatever language, without relying on bulk machine translation then those guidelines don't apply and good luck in your translation. It's just that your statement of putting up the first 3 novels seems to imply you will be doing it "in batch", which often means machine translation.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

You should spare yourself the effort until he actually does something, Cthaeh. :mrgreen: There are more than enough people who just say "I TL XYZ", never to be seen again.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”