Denpa teki na Kanojo

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Denpa teki na Kanojo

Post by b0mb3r »

Okay you guys can pretty read the premise on the Baka Tsuki Teaser page. I read the teaser and I wanted more! Then I found out about the OVAs and watched them. The same man who wrote Kure-nai wrote this series. Unfortunately he wrote only 3 novels and the OVAs was based on the 1st and 3rd novel (It was supposed to be a 3 episode OVA but no 2nd novel adaptation). But I will sum it up in one word

Glorious

I already like the teaser but the OVA blew me away with execution in plots and character development. The only thing I hated was who designed the characters? Bah they should have used the design from the cover artist (Yamamoto Yamato). I like the whole psychological and thriller in this series. Yeah there's moe but there is no fanservice or moe that jumps to your face. I felt that we need more genre like this since it created a Higurashi type of feeling, a feeling of mystery and ominous. Totally unrelated but I kept thinking Collateral with Jamie Fox and Tom Cruise, with the city setting, characters and special circumstances.

So in conclusion. Is wonderful once you look past the character design. I now only wish someone could translate the novels and for the author to release the 4th one!

baka baka baka
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Denpa teki na Kanojo

Post by b0mb3r »

Hmm interesting apparently Kure-nai and this are in the same universe. A charcater from Kure-nai is the mother of the main I think:

http://myanimelist.net/character/10179/ ... %C5%ABzawa

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

It wasn't just the character design, it was like the animation budget itself wasn't really there. Most low budget TV series probably look better than it.

But you can tell they really spent a lot on the writing team though.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Personally, I would rather see a well-written story with poor animation than a poorly written story with excellent animation.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ to what extents friend? like a bunch of squares talking with each other the meaning of life?

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Not to the point where the animation becomes either a distraction or just entirely useless, but I can deal with it looking somewhat amateurish.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ I have said this before. What I like about light novel is like reading anime in a book. I just have a recent fasicantion with drama cd (only if they are translated) because is like watching anime but in my head since i already know the character designs and voices. Is funny how is anime without being anime. A great series that uses poor animation that lectures on videogame topic is the Daniel Floyd series. Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

b0mb3r wrote: I just have a recent fasicantion with drama cd (only if they are translated) because is like watching anime but in my head since i already know the character designs and voices. Is funny how is anime without being anime.
Does it work also for you if there isnt an anime to begin with?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ hmm that depends. Again the great thing about LN is the front cover, character design, and the occasional illustration. Give me a enough imagery and I will come up with everything else with my imaginary intuition.

baka baka baka

Return to “Animes”