Onimonogatari

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Redfish
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Onimonogatari

Post by Redfish »

Hello,

I'm a new member here. I would like to start translating Onimonogatari, but has this been done by other sites yet? I've already translated the first chapter, but I would like to know what the translation status is before I proceed any further.

Any feedbacks would help. Thank you.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Re: Onimonogatari

Post by Teh_ping »

I don't think anyone has done this volume yet. You are welcome to try uploading it and see how it goes, and as monogatari itself is quite the pain to TL, I don't think we'll have any issues about translation overrides.
Redfish
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR

Post by Redfish »

Could you please tell me how to upload raw translations? I can't seem to find any information or upload links.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Redfish wrote:Could you please tell me how to upload raw translations? I can't seem to find any information or upload links.
I am not really sure what you mean by raw translation. If it is translation, as in from Japanese (looking at your location) to English, you can leave it here in the meantime before I tell you how to proceed. (But you must create an account on the Baka Tsuki wiki first)
Redfish
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR

Post by Redfish »

Teh_ping wrote:I am not really sure what you mean by raw translation. If it is translation, as in from Japanese (looking at your location) to English, you can leave it here in the meantime before I tell you how to proceed. (But you must create an account on the Baka Tsuki wiki first)
I do have an account (I put my name on the registration page for Bakemonogatari), and here's the link for the first chapter.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw4J1Mh ... sp=sharing

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Just a quote. I did steps 1 to 3 for you, so you can upload the rest of the stuff.
1. First, go to the volume that you want to upload.

2. Do you see the edit button on the top right hand corner? Click it.

3. Look at the 'Internal link' section, that is how you're going to add hyperlinks. (You can look at the other volumes for reference)

4. If you did it right, the words should be in red, click on it.

5. Now, you should be in a new page. Click on the 'create' button at the top.

6. Upload the text that you have already translated. (Make sure to press 'enter' once after every paragraph so that it's easier to read.)

7. Next, the headings. At the wiki editing tips page, look at the 'headings' section (well, duh). http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... iting_Tips

8. If you see the format used on all B-T texts, you'll probably get an idea of how to do it. (Just copy what they do.)

9. For pictures, it's under 'thumbnail image', the 'picture' would be from the illustrations of the volume that's available here. If I want a picture from say 'Volume 1 page 031', the format would be [[Image:Index_v01_031.jpg|thumb]]

10. For a footer, just go to any completed chapter here, copy the scripts for the footer, and make the necessary edits.
Volume link is here.

Return to “Manga & Novel”