SAO Anime Discussion Thread

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: SAO Anime Discussion Thread

Post by Pryun »

Even if Kiriemon showed up, you would be more than a week late. (second episode, we're expecting fifth today.)
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Episode 5 is really going to be Murder Case, I wonder how they will cram 200 pages into 21 mins.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Tap »

Yea, and there's no 前編 or anything in the title announcement, so it's probably a 1-episode...
I have no idea how is that going to work.

Well, at least episode 4 seems like it'll be good, after reading all the comments right after the broadcast ended.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

Now, will murder case be chronological as well? (cos it loses its mystery appeal... )
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

From ep4:
Spoiler! :
Oh, Kirito... you... (btw, it wasn't me who spotted this)

M.A.D
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

So he really was peeking!! XD
BeginnerXP wrote:Episode 5 is really going to be Murder Case, I wonder how they will cram 200 pages into 21 mins.
It's possible. For a 200 pages story, it's got plently of details that could be cut off *sighs* I hope they would keep the scene where Asuna and Kirito slept next to each other, but thinking about it, they might actually cut it, since it's got close to zero relevance to the overal plot :(

Anyway, I guess that means we'll have 26 episodes in total, with Warmth of the Heart and Morning Dew Girl being episode 6th and 7th. Volume 1 takes up to episode 13th, and the rest is ALO.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Warmth of the Heart is my favorite Aincrad SS, I'm so mega looking forward to it. Morning Dew happened after they cleared 74th floor, so it shouldn't be ep7. Thank god Olympic doesn't make them cancel airing of SAO too, some other show will have to wait 3 weeks for the next episode.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

M.A.D wrote:So he really was peeking!! XD
BeginnerXP wrote:Episode 5 is really going to be Murder Case, I wonder how they will cram 200 pages into 21 mins.
It's possible. For a 200 pages story, it's got plently of details that could be cut off *sighs* I hope they would keep the scene where Asuna and Kirito slept next to each other, but thinking about it, they might actually cut it, since it's got close to zero relevance to the overal plot :(
Well... From Vol1, chapter 19.
Spoiler! :
Asuna caught my gaze and smiled briefly before continuing:
"But on a day about half a year ago, after I had just teleported to the city on the front lines, I saw someone taking a nap on the grass of the plaza. He looked as if he was at a pretty high level, so I got angry and said, 'If you have time to kill here, go into the dungeon and try to clear some more of it...!'"
Then she covered her mouth with her hand and laughed.
"Then that person unexpectedly replied, 'It's the best season in Aincrad, and the weather setting is really good too. It would be a shame to go into the dungeon on a day like this.' Then he gestured to the space next to him and said, 'Why don't you take a nap as well?' He was so rude."
Asuna stopped smiling; her eyes became distant before she continued:
"But what he said surprised me. I realized that 'this person was actually living properly within this world.' He didn't mind losing days in the real world and instead focused on experiencing each day within this world. I discovered that there were actually people like this, so I sent away the other guild members and tried laying down next to him. Because the wind felt so good...just the right warmth for people, I fell asleep. I didn't have any nightmares that time. It was probably the first time I had such a good sleep since coming to this world. By the time I woke up, it was already in the afternoon, and that person was looking at me impatiently. That person was him..."
As she finished, Asuna tightly grasped my hand. I felt extremely embarrassed. I did sort of remember something like that, but...
"Sorry, Asuna... I didn't mean anything that deep by it; I just wanted to take a nap..."
"I knew that even if you didn't tell me!"
Asuna pouted, then she turned back towards Nishida with a smiling face before continuing:
"From that day on...I went to sleep thinking of him, and as a result the nightmares went away. I found out where his hometown was and would set aside some time to go see him every once in a while...then I began to look forward to the coming of each day...when I realized that I was in love, I was so happy and swore to treasure this emotion. That was the first time when I thought that coming to this world was a great thing..."
They can cut this scene, but it's not like it has zero relevance to the overal plot.
M.A.D wrote:Anyway, I guess that means we'll have 26 episodes in total, with Warmth of the Heart and Morning Dew Girl being episode 6th and 7th. Volume 1 takes up to episode 13th, and the rest is ALO.
Morning Dew Girl isn't happening beetwen 17-19 vol 1. chapters?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Guys, do you know what the hell is on SAO's website?

○テレビ愛知
[第4話] 2012/7/28(土)25:50~ → 2012/8/4(土)25:50~
※「ロンドン五輪」特番編成の為、当日放送休止
[第5話] 2012/8/4(土)25:50~ → 2012/8/4(土)26:20~
※特別編成のため、30分遅れ ※第4話との連続放送
[第6話] 2012/8/11(土)25:50~ → 2012/8/11(土)26:06~
※特別編成のため、16分遅れ ※更に最大28分遅れの可能性あり

○毎日放送
[第6話] 2012/8/11(土)27:28~ → 2012/8/18(土)28:28~
※「ロンドン五輪」特番編成の為、当日放送休止 ※翌週60分遅れ
[第7話] 2012/8/25(土)27:28~ → 2012/8/25(土)27:58~
※特別編成のため、30分遅れ
[第8話] 2012/8/25(土)27:28~ → 2012/8/25(土)28:28~
※特別編成のため、60分遅れ ※第7話との連続放送
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
M.A.D
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

Right. I forgot. I just conveniently lumped it there because it's also a side story, but you're right. Morning Dew Girl probably won't be shown before we get to main story of vol 1

EDIT: Looks like SAO is being rescheduled because of the Olympics
Last edited by M.A.D on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Kira0802 wrote:Guys, do you know what the hell is on SAO's website?

○テレビ愛知
[第4話] 2012/7/28(土)25:50~ → 2012/8/4(土)25:50~
※「ロンドン五輪」特番編成の為、当日放送休止
[第5話] 2012/8/4(土)25:50~ → 2012/8/4(土)26:20~
※特別編成のため、30分遅れ ※第4話との連続放送
[第6話] 2012/8/11(土)25:50~ → 2012/8/11(土)26:06~
※特別編成のため、16分遅れ ※更に最大28分遅れの可能性あり

○毎日放送
[第6話] 2012/8/11(土)27:28~ → 2012/8/18(土)28:28~
※「ロンドン五輪」特番編成の為、当日放送休止 ※翌週60分遅れ
[第7話] 2012/8/25(土)27:28~ → 2012/8/25(土)27:58~
※特別編成のため、30分遅れ
[第8話] 2012/8/25(土)27:28~ → 2012/8/25(土)28:28~
※特別編成のため、60分遅れ ※第7話との連続放送
Previsions, I think. Which are unreliable because they could be changed at the last minute.

Well, it's clear for the French simulcast, the 4th episode will be published tomorrow (and my update too).
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

@Kira
Those are reschedule due to Olympic, but TV Aichi & Mainichi aren't primary channel, Tokyo MX which is the first broadcaster isn't affect by Olympic.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

So they are all on time for Tokyo MX? Are there other channels like that?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Zero2001
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zero2001 »

Well I'm glad they took something from vol 8. Though I would have preferred "First Day" as well. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping there'll be a flashback ep for it.
Ne, onegai. Set me free, ne? Kore kara ii ko ni naru kara... ne?
Zero2001.
Chloesong
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Chloesong »

For ep. 5
Spoiler! :
I'm still lost on how the anime is going to make it fit in one epi. You've got:
-Kirito and Asuna's interactions (ex. The nap, first meal, name w/o honorifics, dressed up at breakfast, partying together, stabbed-hand holding, clothing compliments, discussions about marriage, etc. A lot of moments to consider.)
-Plot of the murder in the area, introducing each char involved, murder scenes
-Introducing Heathcliff and Algade shop, Agil and his shop
-Visiting DDA headquarters
-PoH reveal
-various resolutions

That's a lot to fit in/cut out!
Personally I think
Spoiler! :
the SS Murder in the Area will be only one episode long to allow the 2nd cour to cover ALO. Which means epi. 5 will have to be either extremely rushed while accurate to the LN or slightly altered in content and still be generally rushed while cutting out characters and themes that arn't crucial to the main plot.
Idk. What do you guys think?
Spoiler! :
Ps. While re-reading Murder in the Area, I noticed that Kirito mentions, right before he stabs himself, that he dueled Asuna 1v1 sometime before. Its mentioned in part 4 of the SS, right when they party together. When did a duel like that happen? I totally don't recall.

Also I enjoyed the epi. 3 about Silica. Pina is so cute!!! I want a pet dragon. :3 Also noticed that Kirito's still darker/serious from the events of epi.3 so it's good to see the consistency of his char. Some anime-only ppl mentioned that the inclusion about Suguha rather random, but originally this SS was introduced to the reader after reading ALO and meeting Suguha. I thought that conv was handled well. Enjoyed the episode and the detailed still shots! Though the slimy monsters were gross. :x
----
@Zero2001
Ditto!! I really wanted to see First Day too!! It makes sense that it was cut out, especially bc it would been the second epi, but it could have shown the solo lifestyle that Kirito led behind the scenes and how as he ran out of Starting City and headed for an immediate collision with the dark side of SAO. Oh well, maybe OVA? Btw, does anyone know how well SAO anime broadcasts are doing in Japan?

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”