Mature contents

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Mature contents

Post by Mystes »

Zero recently suggested something to improve our wiki. Here it is:
Umm. Is it possible to install Collapsiblity. It will allow mature pages to be made collapsible rather than having to make warning pages separately. Also will become insertable in full text pages. Example:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... :Common.js
Note the above table should automatically become collapsible once collapsiblity is installed. Background colors can be changed. Basically a hide/show link/button/thingy will appear on the right side of the grey bar. Zero2001 - Talk - 14:00, 10 June 2011 (UCT)
Come on guys. It's not like the current web settings will get messed up if you do append the collapsiblity functions. Plus in website cases the lesser the page loading need to get to the goal the better (famous websites use this, it's even part of website designing in Computer Sciences). Collapsible tables can help hide mature content thus changing the normal path from: "Light Novel Main Page" → "Warning Page" → "Mature Content Page" to: "Light Novel Main Page" → "Mature Content Page (with content hidden)". See... 3 page loads > 2 page loads therefore 2 page loads one is better, no? Zero2001 - Talk - 15:51, 13 June 2011 (UCT)
Another advantage would be the creation of collapsible navigation templates for the series that will allow people to jump between chapters much more smoothly, especially when the chapters in question are non-successive. (It might seem stupid but there are many people who jump between non-successive chapters to confirm a previous event/fact) Zero2001 - Talk - 15:16, 28 June 2011 (UCT)
I mean, I don't think that it's a bad idea. Even I it's not a big deal to me, if it imported the forum, then it should be considered. Unfortunately, I cannot upload a poll, so an admin could do it.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Mature contents

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Wait, when did we pick up a Mature project? :|
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Wait, when did we pick up a Mature project? :|
Look at the VNs and Sword Art Online V1 chap. 16.5.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I thought the VN text was for the non-H versions. I'll take your word for it on the SAO chapter. I haven't started it yet so I don't want to spoil anything.
Zero2001
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zero2001 »

It's the Tomoyo After Visual Novel. The chapters that have H-scene content are SEEN0628, SEEN0629, SEEN0630, SEEN0701, etc.

Fate Stay/Night also has the mature warning.
Ne, onegai. Set me free, ne? Kore kara ii ko ni naru kara... ne?
Zero2001.
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

So mature content has been okay for all the time :shock: . Never aware of that...

Maybe I should post some racy stuff from Okada Mari's Anohana novel as teasers. Unlike the anime, every other page of the novel is racy anyway :mrgreen:.
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

In my opinion, wouldn't it be easier to have a Warning on the main page saying 'Reader Discretion for 13 and up?'
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

the collapsibility can be used for other things besides mature content. but whatever the case, if you need a software upgrade for collapsibility, you need to get in touch with our big boss, thelastguardian directly. we cannot make any decision, we have no control of the mediawiki, and he may not even read this thread.
Zero2001
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zero2001 »

True. Hiding the Mature content is only one of the reasons. It can also be used to create collapsible Nav templates or collapsible tables, infoboxes, etc. But even without these. It's not like the site has anything to lose by implementing it. Only gain.
Ne, onegai. Set me free, ne? Kore kara ii ko ni naru kara... ne?
Zero2001.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”