Tasogare-iro no Utatsukai

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Tasogare-iro no Utatsukai (Twilight-Colored Song User)?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 379

Mystrael
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Tasogare-iro no Utatsukai (Twilight-Colored Song User)

Post by Mystrael »

Mystrael wrote: On a totally random note, chapter one is 9/47 pages done (~20%). But next week is homework week for me, so don't expect much more until May.
Well...... I lied. Homework got too boring, so I found myself working on this more than I expected. But now i'm more stressed on homework... -sigh-
And so, Chapter 1 (1st play) is up~

@chancs, Kira0802:
Thanks, I've decided to keep it as Oath-maker for now, unless something in that chapter proves it should be different.

@caitnap:
It's fine as long as you enjoy it :D I'm just happy that people like what I've taken my time to work on!
Shera
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shera »

Somehow I find the story synopsis a bit confusing, could you please rephrase it?
Mystrael
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystrael »

Shera wrote:Somehow I find the story synopsis a bit confusing, could you please rephrase it?
I've only been reading the novels as I translate, so sadly I'm only on chapter 2 so far...

I've created a new synposis after combining elements from the Japanese wiki, Crazy-Cake synopsis, and CE Translations review. Although it is quite different from the previous synposis, I hope that it sounds somewhat better and less confusing... :)

Also, I'm probably not going to translate much this week. All of last week's procrastination is now slowly killing me :lol:

Edit:
Need some help with translating... What would 奏でる少女の道行きは be in English? (the title of Volume 2)
I'm not exactly sure how to translate "奏でる少女", or "咏唱少女" for any Chinese people out there. From the Chinese, it should be something like "The girl who sings", but 奏でる = playing an instrument...

I'm thinking the whole thing would be something like "The road that the girl who sings is going down is..." but that seems kind of long and awkward for a title. Not to mention the terrible English grammar of that phrase, which I'm not sure how to make better without losing some of its meaning.
Amarzyciel
Astral Realm

Post by Amarzyciel »

Mystrael wrote:
Edit:
Need some help with translating... What would 奏でる少女の道行きは be in English? (the title of Volume 2)
I'm not exactly sure how to translate "奏でる少女", or "咏唱少女" for any Chinese people out there. From the Chinese, it should be something like "The girl who sings", but 奏でる = playing an instrument...

I'm thinking the whole thing would be something like "The road that the girl who sings is going down is..." but that seems kind of long and awkward for a title. Not to mention the terrible English grammar of that phrase, which I'm not sure how to make better without losing some of its meaning.
"the girl who play"? (i like how this one sound)

from google translate:
咏唱= aria

girl's aria
aria of a girl

hmm... instrument(jap version) become song(chinese ver)?
joay_b
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by joay_b »

Mystrael wrote:Need some help with translating... What would 奏でる少女の道行きは be in English? (the title of Volume 2)

1. Check what instrument the girl is playing. For example, if the girl is playing music with her voice (guessing from the synopsis ^^), then she would be a songstress (literally a "singing girl").

2. While "道行き" primarily means "way" or "eloping", it can also mean "lyrics", "aria", "melody"

With those in mind, I think you can figure out the title. Like for example, "The Songstress' Aria"
まず隗より始めよ。
Mystrael
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystrael »

joay_b wrote:
Mystrael wrote:Need some help with translating... What would 奏でる少女の道行きは be in English? (the title of Volume 2)

1. Check what instrument the girl is playing. For example, if the girl is playing music with her voice (guessing from the synopsis ^^), then she would be a songstress (literally a "singing girl").

2. While "道行き" primarily means "way" or "eloping", it can also mean "lyrics", "aria", "melody"

With those in mind, I think you can figure out the title. Like for example, "The Songstress' Aria"
Thank you, I had completely forgotten about the word "Songstress"!

As for the translation of "道行き", I think "aria" would fit quite well, considering the chinese version that "咏唱" = aria. However, the full chinese title is "咏唱少女将往何方", something like "Which direction will the [Aria girl] go", leading me to believe that "道行き" also holds its meaning of "way".
So many confusing double meanings! @_@

So after pondering it over, I'm thinking something like "The Way of the Aria's Songstress" would fit the best, encompassing both the Chinese meaning and the Japanese pun/two meanings of "道行き".
Ways
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ways »

"Mystrael from Baka Tsuki has began work on Tasogare-iro no Uta Tsukai. For those who don't know, it's a series that takes place in the same universe as Hyouketsu Kyoukai, but on a much earlier timeline.

I had said before that you don't really need the knowledge of Uta Tsukai to read Hyouketsu Kyoukai, but the story will be much more interesting with the background knowledge. Especially when Hyouketsu Kyoukai gets into vol 4 onward."

is what i saw in the Hyoketsu VOL3 in CE....well i really like hyouketsu kyoukai,so i'd definitely want to see this translated lolz nyaa~
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Tasogare-iro no Utatsukai (Twilight-Colored Song User)

Post by Darklor »

This is the feed back thread for Tasogare-iro no Utatsukai (Twilight-Colored Song User) at http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... Uta_Tsukai
Please tell us what you think of it.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Btw. doesnt have this series enough material for the upgrade to full project?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Darklor wrote:Btw. doesnt have this series enough material for the upgrade to full project?
It does...well, we will wait the promotion for the 2 admins.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Lurker
Astral Realm

Post by Lurker »

MOAR! This trans is awesome.
Mystrael
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystrael »

4th Play complete!

Thanks, random Lurker~ :D

On a different note... I've also PM'ed onizuka-gto about upgrading it into a full project. Can I put on the 'project pending' tag right now, or do I have to wait for his reply?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Reminds me of Oni's PM. Damn, I had to look through it:
Dear Larathian & All Baka-Tsuki Staff,

The link you provided contains only a unedited new page, perhaps they have yet to start it or it has been moved?

In future, is it possible for you to tag all projects that will need approve or close to it?

You can tag them with this:
CODE: SELECT ALL
{{Warning:ATP}}
@Mystrael, what does "Evhe" mean, BTW?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Mystrael
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystrael »

Kira0802 wrote:@Mystrael, what does "Evhe" mean, BTW?
Evhe is short for Evhemary, the name of one of the characters.
Ways
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ways »

whooooooooooooooooaaaaa!!!I CAN BELIEVE HOW AWESOME THIS IS nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~ :nya: i mean.......wow~i want more....whens the next chap gonna...wait..not asking...still awesome...hurry up...CARBON DIOXIDE >.< ur awesome dud -brofist-

Return to “English”