Tenchi Muyo!

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel series Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 43

zandra117
Astral Realm

Tenchi Muyo!

Post by zandra117 »

The Tenchi Muyo novels have been looong out of print and have never been translated.

Link removed by ShadowZeroHeart, reason being no links to RAWs are allowed on the forums.

The Shin Tenchi Muyo novels are canon prequels and side stories to the original OVA series.
The GXP and ISM novels are within-canon parallel stories to their respective series'.
The Hasegawa novels are an alternate continuity that branches off after the first 6 episodes of the original OVA series, The Daughter of Darkness movie was adapted from the 10th novel of this series.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Tenchi Muyo!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

You can put a link to a description to the series, or use that link you placed earlier even. But do not spread RAWs around (not so bluntly and obviously at least) as it is an infringement to copyright. If you find a translator and somehow get the link to him, sure. But please do not post on the forums where everyone can just grab a copy and might get B-T in trouble.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
zandra117
Astral Realm

Post by zandra117 »

My apologies,
I had read over the rules and they directly mentioned not allowing raw manga or anime but said nothing about novel raws.

I have all of the raws so if you are interested in translating please contact me.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

zandra117 wrote:My apologies,
I had read over the rules and they directly mentioned not allowing raw manga or anime but said nothing about novel raws.

I have all of the raws so if you are interested in translating please contact me.
Basically, we avoid direct copyright infringement. Anyway, my opinion is that TLs should own the books they're working on.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Well, the RAWs are all commercial products... We do not want to be said to "provide pirated materials" that has a chance "to lower sales". They can sue us in that case. So yeah, don't put direct links. If they contact you for RAWs, it is up to you guys then.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
electro41587
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by electro41587 »

here is a link to a sit that has summery of all the tenchi muyo books i know of

http://tenchiforum.com/

ps. someone pleas translate GxP :cry:
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

electro41587 wrote:here is a link to a sit that has summery of all the tenchi muyo books i know of

http://tenchiforum.com/

ps. someone pleas translate GxP :cry:
Pleading like that will get you nowhere, in fact it might put off any interest some translator might have for TLing this.
Whether it will get TLed or not depends solely on the translators' wishes as they do this work on their own precious time, for the community's sake without asking for anything in return. So, you should just have patience and let things run their own course.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

So far the poll is not showing much...
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Given I had trouble working out how to respond to that poll (and I started to try translate two of those series'...) it's not really all that useful. It does cover four (five if you count Kajishima's "Paradise War" as well, though it's not written by him) different series', so answering 'yes' provides insufficient information as to what you actually want translated.

Not to mention I've come to the conclusion that anything Kajishima writes is a nightmare to understand all the relevant parts of so as to get an accurate translation anyway.

For example with Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, you've got the 'anime' story, which seems to be different-yet-similar to the two-volume manga story, which seems different-yet-similar to the novel story, and then you've got additional information he adds only via doujin which are a pain to get your hands on... (Wouldn't surprise me if he had a twitter feed, you could only get some plot-critical information by following that as well. :? )

Then there's random terminology defined in different series/media as well (eg, 'ahou' and 'sea of ena', neither are defined in the anime you can only kinda guess their meaning...) you end up having to look up the wiki but there's no reference as to where that info came from. :(
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
trojan13ic
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by trojan13ic »

Seems like nothing will get translated any time soon... sigh :(

Though, I really want to read the whole GXP novel and the new Paradise War...

Hopefully... Someday... Someone... would translate those... :?

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”