Memories Off Series

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this game translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 10

sleeppig
Astral Realm

Memories Off Series

Post by sleeppig »

First of all, I hope I am not violating any rules.
For those who don't know the game, here's the wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memories_Off
It is a visual novel type of game, which is still novel! :D
It only had Japanese and Chinese version at the moment.
Also I hope wiki will give a good introduction to the game, but feel free to ask any question related to the game that is not in the wiki.

Here are some picture:
Spoiler! :
img2.jpg
img3.jpg
imgget.q.jpeg
img.jpg
The current plan is to have a small group to start with. Basically the group will consist of 3 different types of members:
First of all, we need a couple of coders who can deal with the system, such as get script in or out of the game. I can probably do this myself but then I hope someone out there who could do this so that I can do the translation.
Secondly, we need translator for this project. Since there are two different languages available for this game, we could have translators who can translate from either Japanese or Chinese to English. Currently I am the one and only translator.
Last but not least, editors, proofreaders, testers to ensure the translation is up to some standard.

Please let me know if you are interested in any of the role specified above. Hopefully the first translation will be out as soon as we get at least one member for each type.

I know this is huge and it is different from the projects we had so far. So any suggestions, comments, private messages are welcomed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Memories Off Series

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

This wouldn't be the first one we've translated. Here is the Clannad page as an example. You can get an idea of how it could work and should make things easier to get off the ground.
sleeppig
Astral Realm

Post by sleeppig »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:This wouldn't be the first one we've translated. Here is the Clannad page as an example. You can get an idea of how it could work and should make things easier to get off the ground.
I see, thanks for pointing it out. Many of the guidelines from previous projects could be carry over to this project. However it seems the main issue now would be getting enough people to get the project up and running. :D
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I can edit any translation done, just throw me a message.
sleeppig
Astral Realm

Post by sleeppig »

Fushichou wrote:I can edit any translation done, just throw me a message.
Thanks, now there are one more member in the group. :D

We need more members, including translators and someone who can deal with the game system!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Maybe you could try asking members of those other similar projects if they could or would like to help?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”