Sekai Project has released the Clannad visual novel in English.
The Visual Novel Clannad is also available in the following languages (Note: Translation progress varies for each version):
Sekai Project Kickstarter
- November 2015 – Sekai Project has released the official English version of Clannad VN.
- November 11, 2014 - Congratulations to Sekai Project with their Kickstarter project and getting funded. We're eager to see CLANNAD's official treatment and wish them all the best! --Velocity7 (talk) 14:26, 11 November 2014 (CST)
- June 7, 2012 - Project leadership has been transferred. The Baka-Tsuki wiki will no longer be updated, but will be preserved as an archive.
- February 18, 2012 - Launch of new website.
- August 31, 2011 - Hiatus formally declared. Work to resume in mid-November 2011.
- April 13, 2011 - Overhauled this page, to reflect the official change of staff.
- January 29, 2011 - Uploaded a collection of stray, untranslated lines from various SEENs.
- January 20, 2011 - Uploaded image-based system text.
- January 1, 2011 - Uploaded image-based story text.
- December 31, 2010 - All updates made in the SVN have been merged into the Wiki. The Wiki is now an updated version of the SVN.
- March 22, 2010 - Uploaded strings extracted from the kepago script files.
There are 88 unique strings that need translation. You can find them here.
- July 1st, 2009 - Synchronization of updated translations from wiki to SVN has started.
Please see the SVN message(Restricted access)
- December 7, 2008 - SVN introduced
- March 1, 2008 - Some screens to whet your appetite from our internal build. :)
- February 29, 2008 - After Story complete, translation status: 99.999%
- TL check forthcoming...
- November 9, 2007 - Nagisa's route complete, translation status: 86%
- September 17, 2007 - Kotomi's route complete, translation status: 74%
- July 23, 2007 - Fuuko's route complete, translation status: 65%
- May 17, 2007 - Tomoyo's route complete, translation status: 53%
- April 14, 2007 - Kyou's route complete, translation status: 42%
- February 24, 2007 - Translation now stands at 25%. :)
- February 9, 2007 - We've hit the 20% translation mark! Thank you everyone for your support!
- February 5, 2007
- zefgame joins the だんご大家族 club :3
- New screenshots at the development website!
- January 29, 2007 - Development website posted
- January 23, 2007 - Switched from spreadsheets to Kepago files
- January 22, 2007 - Project announcement!
Clannad is an all-ages visual novel adventure developed by Key/VisualArts, released in 2004. More information is available at the Wikipedia article.
This project is a second-generation resurrection of the translation project effort that started in 2005. The Clannad translation effort was originally started by Soulfang, then resurrected as an open collaboration by velocity7 in 2007, and finally re-resurrected for polishing by Polarem in 2011. If any groups are interested in using the script files for their own CLANNAD translation project, such as a foreign language, please contact the Project Administrator. Also, please be advised that, until this project is complete, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or cleanliness of the translation, and therefore advise that you hold off on such requests until that happens.
Where to Purchase CLANNAD
Although this is not an indication that the patch is in any way, shape, or form, near completion or readiness to release to the public, you may find this information useful.
- Project Administrator: velocity7
This project was brought to you by the Drama Club/Dango Daikazoku （演劇部／だんご大家族）. The staff involved were:
- Sprocket-Hole Subs
Special thanks goes to the following people/groups: