Hidan no Aria (Italian)

For all None English discussion relating to any of our Novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Note to Users of this forum, that you may speak English or any other language here.

Want to start an Alternative Language project here? Read This: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1822
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Hidan no Aria (Italian)

Post by raffreddato »

Good day to all translator :)
I like Hidan no Aria Light Novel very much and i'd like to start translate it into my language; although the english translation isn't complete too, the first volumes are complete so i can start to translate these ones. I have read the guidelines and i understood the first week deadline to post a first translation (i think i can post only the first two chapters for that time), but i don't know how to contact the administrators or where i have to post the translations, so i posted my request here (hope i didn't do wrong).
Thank you for your attention,
be careful to girls felling from the sky :!:
Seriously, what kind of ugly videogame is 'My Sister is a Goth Lolita'? A title like 'My Sister is a Tsundere' would be a lot more fascinating. Moreover, i could lend MY sister to the game designers as a specimen o_o
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hidan no Aria -Italian

Post by Misogi »

Well, you can't send PMs until you have more than 10 posts.

To post your translations, you have to get the approval from the English project (of course), then you have to create a project page on the wiki (a simple way is to copy the English page's code, then translating it).
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

Thank you very much,
naturally i will wait for someone of the English team to approve my project and i will list their names in my translations : P
Could somebody tell them about it please?
Greetings,
raffreddato

P.S. Meanwhile, i have finished translating the prologue; if you agree i would start to publish this so people can evaluate my work and give me advices, naturally said that i will delete it if the English team wants it. If some other Italian reader wants to cooperate or simply has some ideas can contact me in this discussion.
Here it's a temporary link to the prologue:http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 1_Prologue.
Please answer me soon.
Seriously, what kind of ugly videogame is 'My Sister is a Goth Lolita'? A title like 'My Sister is a Tsundere' would be a lot more fascinating. Moreover, i could lend MY sister to the game designers as a specimen o_o
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Good Luck!

But approval can only be granted after translation of one translated full chapter. Only the prologue isnt sufficient enough...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

Ended the first chapter http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _Capitolo1
I also have made a temporarily link of my italian project on the english page of Hidan no aria, see if you like it, if not you are free to change it.
Please give me soon the authorisation because i have received this message and i don't like it very much :roll:

This Project is still PENDING Authorisation.
You are urged to comply with the New Project Start-up Guidelines
This project will be deleted within ONE WEEK from the creation date if you do not fulfil the terms in the above guidelines for starting new alternative language projects.
This can be, but not limited to:
Lack of communication from start-up Translator to Baka-Tsuki Administration staff
Lack of a Main Page and a Registration Page
Lack of one complete translated chapter defined by the project.
Special Circumstances that require direct Authorisation from an Administrator

P.S. can you please explain to me how i get to publish the navigation bar (the one the English team used to link the previous chapter, the next chapter and the home)?
About the translation, the English is fluid and well-structured, so it is easy and pleasant to translate, except for the parts where Kinji describes girls' clothing very accurately (almost maniacally i would say, but this is also important for the novel's plot so i'd pass on it). Only a question: do you suggest me to translate the divisions' names? For the moment i decided to translate them to help the Italian reader know what these divisions are supposed to teach (For example, Connect has the role to provide backup and communicate, so i translated it to "Comunicazioni"), but i would like to know your opinion :)

Greetings,
raffreddato
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

Excuse me if i continue to post on this discussion, but the alert is still present on the main page and i don't know why. I have ended the first chapter (working on the second right now), opened a registration page and a main page and i think it should be ok.

The deadline of one week is going to end so i am afraid the administration will delete my project. Could you possibly tell me if i have forgot to do something or where i am wrong?
Thank you.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Don't worry, since all the administrators aren't focused on alternative projects, it might take a long time before they approve your project. Even if you have all the requirements.

Usually, there's a one-month wait before an approval. It could be quicker, or far longer.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

Thank you Misogi very much, you have really freed me by an heavy bother.
I will continue working on the translation then.
If anybody wants to ask me anything about the project or has some advices for me, he can contact me on this discussion, because i don't know how PM work on this forum .
(however i have posted too few messages so i can't PM yet) :oops: .
Thank you again.
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

Only a brief update: just finished the first Volume :) but they didn't give me approval yet. Now i will take a short break to edit my translation.

Said this i would like to know something:does some other Italian, except me, read this LN? Only for curiosity, because i never see Italian topics about it in whatever forum i seek....
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I'll send a PM to Darklor, so that you don't need to worry about it anymore.

It looks like that aside HnA, only Index is an active Italian project. You should look again on Internet if your translation got interest from the anime's watchers. Type "Hidan no Aria italian" and change the word "italian" with something else to see if it works.
----
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

You really are my guide to this forum, Misogi :)

But i still don't get a point: ok typing 'Hidan no Aria italian' on google to see if my site appears, but why should i change the word 'italian' with something else? Maybe you mean i have to look on italian anime pages :?:

However i have published a post on my facebook page too so people know i am translating it.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

raffreddato wrote:But i still don't get a point: ok typing 'Hidan no Aria italian' on google to see if my site appears, but why should i change the word 'italian' with something else? Maybe you mean i have to look on italian anime pages :?:
Yeah, that's it. You can also try the keywords "light novel", or "translation" in Italian. It doesn't always work, though.
----
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

I want to thank Darklor for removing the ATP tag :lol: Now i can translate senerely
°Sapphy°
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by °Sapphy° »

Hi, raffreddato!
I read a few lines of the prologue that you have translated: the translation is not bad but it's... Mmmm, I'll tell you in italian: "in alcune parti è legnosa". Some parts may be better adapted and traslated. Oh, of course I don't want to insult you or anything, I just want to give you some advice! C:

PS: Yeah, I'm italian, but I wrote in English so everyone will understand xD
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

I will answer to you in Italian to express better my feelings: "No, mi hai veramente offeso, ora ti devo lanciare il guanto da duello! :twisted: "

Seriamente, mi fai solo felice se ci dai un'occhiata, anche perché mi sono limitato a tradurre all'impronta, con l'aiuto del dizionario per i termini che non sapevo, senza tanto pensare per il momento all'effetto che avesse sul lettore. Penso che per questo sia importante la presenza di un "editor" che lavori sullo stile e renda più calzante la storia, oltre che di un traduttore che scriva la storia nel suo linguaggio. Se non ti chiedo troppo e non hai impegni troppo pressanti al momento, mi piacerebbe che fossi tu ad assumerti questo ruolo, visto che sei stato tu a notare questo problema. Altrimenti va bene anche se mi dici qui quali parti secondo te sono maggiormente da rivedere. In ogni caso ti ringrazio. Antonio

P.S. E' bello poter scrivere in italiano su questo forum di tanto in tanto :) :)

Return to “Alternative Language Forum”