High School DxD

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading High School DxD ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 6821

darkdhaos
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: High School DxD

Post by darkdhaos »

Well on first place, thank you Code-Zero for your work translating Highschool DxD.

It's thank to DxD that I became hooked with the light novels, I enjoyed the novel much more than the anime or the manga.
assmdxd
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by assmdxd »

darkdhaos wrote:Well on first place, thank you Code-Zero for your work translating Highschool DxD.

It's thank to DxD that I became hooked with the light novels, I enjoyed the novel much more than the anime or the manga.
:!:
:lol: :lol: :lol: me too when i read your post .... As if I hear my self :D :D dxd light novel is the best and it's my first light novel
and now i like ln more than anime . manga . and games lol ... and dxd exceptional
assmdxd
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by assmdxd »

zerry wrote::D vol 17 Life 2 updated http://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.com/h ... /volume17/.
Just 30% not all life 2
assmdxd wrote:
yoyoyo5678 wrote:Code-Zero thank for your translations.

Someone told me that the author died - is it true ???

what a shock !!! are you sure >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wait wait wait :shock: author died = ISHIBUMI Ichiei died = no more dxd :cry: :cry: :cry:
please your source
Arcsol93 wrote:It's a lie, his blog is still updated as well as his official twitter.

He has been getting sick on and off again though.
youktaaaah :( .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thank you i was worried
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

Regarding the picture of page 005 V14 -

Are you sure this picture belong to this volume ?? - I just now read this volume and I don't remember any scene which similar to this picture - I don't think this picture showing us a scene from this volume - please check it out (also, please inform me if there is a scene which I possibly missed).
Link to my user on B-T
Unkalibriert
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Unkalibriert »

That Picture does´nt belong to this volume, but was used in a side-story earlier on. I don´t remember which story exactly, to be honest. ^^
Kemm
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

It belongs but it doesn't. Is the colored illustration from a previous short story that was included as a bonus on that volume. You can ask Code-Zero.
bryanMar231
Astral Realm

Post by bryanMar231 »

This series is great :mrgreen:
Biohazard
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Biohazard »

I found out about the light novels after recently watching the 2 seasons out. I loved the anime and have loved reading the novels. I have not been much of a reader since I was little but I have enjoyed reading this. I think its the most fun Ive had reading. I look forward to more and hope all the light novels make it to anime.
Shuiko
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

Unfortunately the main Translator seems to have seem irl shit going down, so there will continue to be a long delay and any updates. Wish for him the best.
assmdxd
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by assmdxd »

:o :o
i wish to watch the 3th season of dxd anime this year :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
although that i like the novel more than the anime or the manga

:lol:
this year we will read volume 17-18-19.... i am waiting for zero sama to translate it :lol: :lol: :lol:
thsnk you zero senpai i like this novel ... dxd is the best

i wish in the future we can see some thing (ecchi-romancy) between issei and kuroka
darkdhaos
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by darkdhaos »

So the 3rd season of the anime has been confirmed...
Most probably will have the last part of the 2nd arc and maybe some side stories, so most likely it will have 12 or 13 episodes.

Maybe one day we get the chance to see the 3rd arc of the novel animated, it's by far my favorite. But I hope that the studio don't change it too much.
anime189
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by anime189 »

uhm, how to say this... After Volume 18 came I, a big fan of DxD Series decided to TL it... So wondering where should I post things if I am done with part of the TL :?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

anime189 wrote:uhm, how to say this... After Volume 18 came I, a big fan of DxD Series decided to TL it... So wondering where should I post things if I am done with part of the TL :?
There are some help pages that you can reference. Though the basic steps would be to create a "volume 18" section on the registration page; put your username next to the chapters you have already or intend to translate; create an appropriately named page and paste in your new translation (such as this one for v18 life 0); and then add the link to the new chapter on the project page under volume 18. You should be able to look at the syntax of other pages/sections to figure out how things or done, but if you have trouble with a particular step, someone would probably help you if you asked.
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

anime189 wrote:uhm, how to say this... After Volume 18 came I, a big fan of DxD Series decided to TL it... So wondering where should I post things if I am done with part of the TL :?
Lucky I was awake to watch fifa......

Anyway, for translating DxD, the minimum requirement is for you to translate "half" a volume. At B-T, only two translators are allowed to work on a volume.
So you need to be sure you can atleast do half of the volume.
This series usually has 4 big chapters(Life.1, Life.2...etc).
By the way, how long have you studied Japanese?
Can you try and translate the whole life.1 first and see whether you are able to translate it(Since life.0 will be too short)?
anime189
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by anime189 »

Code-Zero wrote: Lucky I was awake to watch fifa......

Anyway, for translating DxD, the minimum requirement is for you to translate "half" a volume. At B-T, only two translators are allowed to work on a volume.
So you need to be sure you can atleast do half of the volume.
This series usually has 4 big chapters(Life.1, Life.2...etc).
By the way, how long have you studied Japanese?
Can you try and translate the whole life.1 first and see whether you are able to translate it(Since life.0 will be too short)?
Uhm, Code-Zero-san I am studying Japanese for 2 and a half years now already scored 85% + in both N5 and N4 was aiming N3 in the upcoming December Test, I have experience in TL anime (Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 Episode 11-13) and manga You can see the work I released here http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/gan-kon-r2296(Chapter 23-26)
And about a little concern I have from the start as my Native Language is not English, I tend to mess up with the Structure and Grammar parts sometimes. Does it need to be perfect to pass or will that do...? and for the side note I plan on doing the entire Novel by myself. Already finished with Life 0 yesterday but as TL'ing the novel which has no Furigana was kinda you know has a different/new feel in it. So my current speed is like 10 page/day right now. I don't know whether it is good or bad. But with this pace I think I can TL Life 1 in 6-8 days

Return to “High School DxD”