Mahouka - Visitor Arc : Volumes 9, 10 & 11

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Robin_Muzaffar
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka - Visitor Arc : Volumes 9, 10 & 11

Post by Robin_Muzaffar »

Dreyakis wrote:
They did better than that. Some brave and diligent soul translated the Chapters 8 and 9 of Volume 10 into Chinese already. This, of course, puts me in the quandary of whether to go for it or not, since Volume 9 has been stalled by another translator.
looks like dilemma for you drey :D
but don't worry whatever you do, I'll say thank you
crisisavatar
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

9 7 just got so hot, tbh I was hating on all the development i missed in between but now that this confrontation is blooming I'm back to fangirl mode. Really awesome preview for the time being ( this kind of action is what I been waiting for, regardless of my like for the usual school stuff )
pupun
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by pupun »

It is best to post the ch 8,9 .since translations of ch 7,10 are in progress. So it will fill the gap in between them. And if you are thinking of order it is already out of order. And i don't think chinese translations of v9 is coming soon since 2 chs are posted in 2 months. Well it is just my opinion feel free to consider it or not? And seitsuki thank you for ch7
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

7 and 10 are different volumes so that statement doesn't hold
pupun
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by pupun »

Indeed ch 7 and 10 are under different volume but they belong to same arc i.e visitor arc
v-die
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by v-die »

Just like chapter 4, 5 and 6...

Honestly, those incomplete chapters should never have been posted. The only acceptable skip of chapters is like in Volume 5 that consists of sidestories.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

v-die wrote:]Honestly, those incomplete chapters should never have been posted. The only acceptable skip of chapters is like in Volume 5 that consists of sidestories.
Translators are entitled to post whatever chapters they've translated.
Translators are entitled to translate whatever chapters they want.
Translators are entitled to ignore those who feel entitled to an opinion of what they should or should not be doing.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
TheLaG
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Guys, can we stop bulling translators about every single small $h!t that makes you unhappy? Say at least Thanks for their job, because they do this for fun & doesn't get payed! If such thing continue, we may stumble to result that happened with Chinese translators, when readers bullied them out, and now it's going nowhere!

Anyway, waiting for chapters, doesn't matter which (spoilers did their job 8) )
Haxton Fale
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haxton Fale »

As thankful as I am for Mahouka being translated, having to wait for volume 9 chapter 4 when chapter 7 from that very volume has been translated and posted, as well as (quite randomly) chapter 10 of volume 10, is a little annoying. I don't even try to read these chapters, because there's supposed to be a continuity between them and reading in random order will only make it harder to follow.
Yes, this is just an inconvenience, but I'm going to complain nonetheless since I'd prefer less frequent updates, but at least following the chapter order.
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ulrick »

I am still waiting for the other chapters from volume 5.
They are still interesting.

Anyway, does anyone know why the chinese translated those chapters before the chapters 4,5,6?
v-die
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by v-die »

Haxton Fale wrote:As thankful as I am for Mahouka being translated, having to wait for volume 9 chapter 4 when chapter 7 from that very volume has been translated and posted, as well as (quite randomly) chapter 10 of volume 10, is a little annoying. I don't even try to read these chapters, because there's supposed to be a continuity between them and reading in random order will only make it harder to follow.
Yes, this is just an inconvenience, but I'm going to complain nonetheless since I'd prefer less frequent updates, but at least following the chapter order.
This. Exactly this.
TheLaG
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Ulrick wrote: Anyway, does anyone know why the chinese translated those chapters before the chapters 4,5,6?
Probably it's done buy translators who dropped translation due to reader offenses, and now will randomly translate chapters they like =(

Anyway, If people want to read sequently, nobody forcing them to read all those chapters, for people like me (who readed summary and other spoilers), it's just replacing small puzzle with full detailed picture in it's place, nothing gained, nothing lost :) So people, be patient, translators work as fast as they can at a moment, don't forget it is summer (at least in north part of Earth), "Vacation mode" ON for most people :D
Haxton Fale
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haxton Fale »

TheLaG wrote:
Ulrick wrote:Anyway, If people want to read sequently, nobody forcing them to read all those chapters, for people like me (who readed summary and other spoilers), it's just replacing small puzzle with full detailed picture in it's place, nothing gained, nothing lost :) So people, be patient, translators work as fast as they can at a moment, don't forget it is summer (at least in north part of Earth), "Vacation mode" ON for most people :D
Actually, there is something lost - time/effort/work spent on translating chapter 7 instead of chapter 4, for instance. I'm not reading those new chapters because for all I know they will generate confusion and spoil me in the process, but it really is a little unnerving to see, say, an update in the app that says "volume 10 chapter 10" when I'm waiting for "volume 9 chapter 4".
Random chapters being translated don't impact by Mahouka experience, but rather overall Baka-Tsuki experience.
Rava
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rava »

v-die wrote:
Haxton Fale wrote:As thankful as I am for Mahouka being translated, having to wait for volume 9 chapter 4 when chapter 7 from that very volume has been translated and posted, as well as (quite randomly) chapter 10 of volume 10, is a little annoying. I don't even try to read these chapters, because there's supposed to be a continuity between them and reading in random order will only make it harder to follow.
This. Exactly this.
As previously mentioned, complaining about this is assuming that the available translators even have the chapters in question, which makes the complaint totally worthless if they don't. In comparison, I'd rather have SOME new translated content versus NO new translated content from translators getting fed up with people whining about circumstances that they can't control (like the unpredictability of the Chinese translation for Dreyakis, who has a reputation for translating really quickly).
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

Guys, in a perfect world you would be getting your chapters done in order but, guess what it is not a perfect world.

This is the reality you have to deal with:

1.Dreyakis who can translate chapters in one to two weeks if real life doesn't intervene is forced to wait on the Japanese to Chinese translators to finish, before he can translate.

2. I who work at a slower pace chose to jump several chapters ahead because I did not realize that there was going to be a big bottleneck and thought I might still be working on chapter 10 when Dreyakis finished chapter 9.

3. Seitsuki took a look at the problem and decided to work on Chapter 7 and is probably going to do chapter 6 and work to meet Dreyakis in the middle of Volume 9.

4. The partials have been put up in response to many of your fellow fans begging for updates.

Sashiko

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”