Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Oda Nobuna no Yabou?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 2011

Akuma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Post by Akuma »

larethian wrote:Sorry Darklor, I didn't read your post carefully and was in a hurry (or did you edit it?). It's as what you've said, though whether there's a exclamation mark or not will depend on the text itself.

Just think of it as "sou ka" said with different kinds of intonation.

Sou ka = I see
Sou ka? = really? / Is that so?
Sou ka!? = as above, but "are you serious!?" might fit.

Oh Akuma, I didn't know you left it untranslated, which is fine if you think it's best. Well, I could be wrong. Though I will be interested to know the places where one of the above won't fit, for the sake of furthering my Japanese. :D
Hm...thinking about it I could actually translate it, but I prefer maintaining the original word since it's a pet dialogue. I have added the meaning of it wherever required.

Alright, I will inform you if I find it, though I think those 3 cover more or less all the situations. Besides you are far better than lil ol' me in Japanese.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Is there an universal translation that could convey those feelings? Like "Hm.", "Hm?" or "Hm!?"
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Akuma wrote:
larethian wrote:Sorry Darklor, I didn't read your post carefully and was in a hurry (or did you edit it?). It's as what you've said, though whether there's a exclamation mark or not will depend on the text itself.

Just think of it as "sou ka" said with different kinds of intonation.

Sou ka = I see
Sou ka? = really? / Is that so?
Sou ka!? = as above, but "are you serious!?" might fit.

Oh Akuma, I didn't know you left it untranslated, which is fine if you think it's best. Well, I could be wrong. Though I will be interested to know the places where one of the above won't fit, for the sake of furthering my Japanese. :D
Hm...thinking about it I could actually translate it, but I prefer maintaining the original word since it's a pet dialogue. I have added the meaning of it wherever required.

Alright, I will inform you if I find it, though I think those 3 cover more or less all the situations. Besides you are far better than lil ol' me in Japanese.
You are too humble, you've written a paper in Japanese, something I've never done before :P
But seriously, over the years, I've come to realize academic Japanese ability does not matter too much when TLing/reading light novels, because I still start on ground zero with regards to a lot of things due to slangs, heavy colloquialism & casualness, and a lot of text that depend heavily on context (atmosphere) more so than what we study in textbooks.
Akuma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Akuma »

Kira0802 wrote:Is there an universal translation that could convey those feelings? Like "Hm.", "Hm?" or "Hm!?"
Not that I know of. If anyone ever comes across one, we can just replace it then.
larethian wrote: You are too humble, you've written a paper in Japanese, something I've never done before :P
But seriously, over the years, I've come to realize academic Japanese ability does not matter too much when TLing/reading light novels, because I still start on ground zero with regards to a lot of things due to slangs, heavy colloquialism & casualness, and a lot of text that depend heavily on context (atmosphere) more so than what we study in textbooks.
As they say, desperate times call for desperate measures. I had to write it to finish my project. Well I couldn't have done without having a Japanese senior of mine proofread it, and it was full of mistakes tbh.
Fully agreed with the second part, there are a lot of terms only LN specific which is a bit tough in the initial phase but gets better over time. Though I have a hard time reading higher level LNs, gotta someday reach your level!
applemania
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Tate No Yuusha
Mushoku Tensei
Konjiki No WordMaster
Tsuyokute New Saga
Re:Monster
Tsurugi no Joou Rakuin No KO
Tasogare-iro no Uta Tsukai
Mokushiroku Arisu

Post by applemania »

Akuma~ wow you are a sole translation for Oda Nobuna no Yabou

As thanks, i bought the japanese light novel after reading your translation hAHAHA
Never tought that there are 9 volume on market right now

Sigh one of my favorite character so far is a pervert. Nooo why Dousan is pervert old man

But anyway thanks for translating Oda Nobuna Yabou.
My english is equal to elementry grade of native speaker so you will waste lot of time fixing my grammar
but i always open to critique~
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Between your answer was so much time that I dont think that I changed it inbetween - I only changed right before this post a little typo - in to it ;)

The reason for the question was, that the title of chapter 2 of volume 1 is Dearu ka! - So something I cant understand, while the German translation has it as Wenn es ein! what is really silly as a sentence - direct translated into English would it be "When it one!" ... :? And I was looking for solution aka an alternative titel...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Akuma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Akuma »

Darklor wrote:
Between your answer was so much time that I dont think that I changed it inbetween - I only changed right before this post a little typo - in to it ;)

The reason for the question was, that the title of chapter 2 of volume 1 is Dearu ka! - So something I cant understand, while the German translation has it as Wenn es ein! what is really silly as a sentence - direct translated into English would it be "When it one!" ... :? And I was looking for solution aka an alternative titel...
Why not just leave it as Dearuka? It's hard to decipher the meaning without context even in English so....
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Akuma wrote:Why not just leave it as Dearuka? It's hard to decipher the meaning without context even in English so....
I think that you could add a translation note for this, to explain what was the original sentence.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Hmm...dearuka...

Why not make it like furigana-style? Like, you have "I see" written and "dearuka" above the words.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Akuma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Akuma »

Kira0802 wrote:Hmm...dearuka...

Why not make it like furigana-style? Like, you have "I see" written and "dearuka" above the words.
Eh, that's a good idea. I would do it if I knew the tags.... >_>
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Oda Nobuna no Yabou: General

Post by zzhk »

Code: Select all

{{furigana|(main text)|(furigana text)}}
Using Kira's example...
Kira0802 wrote:Why not make it like furigana-style? Like, you have "I see" written and "dearuka" above the words.
The wiki code would be:

{{furigana|I see|dearuka}}
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Akuma wrote:
Kira0802 wrote:Hmm...dearuka...

Eh, that's a good idea. I would do it if I knew the tags.... >_>
Check out how I do it for Itsuka Tenma and figure it out :lol:
In the meantime, it's good to look at this page: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... e:Furigana
zzhk wrote:

{{furigana|(main text)|(furigana text)}}
Using Kira's example...
Kira0802 wrote:Why not make it like furigana-style? Like, you have "I see" written and "dearuka" above the words.
The wiki code would be:

{{furigana|I see|dearuka}}
Yup. With some effort, you can control the style like spacing and font weight/color if you need to customize them, etc. (see my Itsuten templates for examples)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Misogi wrote:
Akuma wrote:Why not just leave it as Dearuka? It's hard to decipher the meaning without context even in English so....
I think that you could add a translation note for this, to explain what was the original sentence.
Uhm, the problem it's the title... so a note wouldnt be a good solution...

Have it for now for the German translation as "Ich verstehe"... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Akuma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Akuma »

Alright, a bit late, changed it to the code you guys mentioned, thanks for the help ^^
d34thw1ng
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Oda Nobuna no Yabou: General

Post by d34thw1ng »

the anime got to an end. but lets enjoy the ln in exchange :)
forsaken by god , humans are bound to the hands of the devil. reality is that god never exist , and when humans thinks they are forgotten they just abandon rationality

Return to “Abandoned”