Gakusentoshi Asterisk

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 1282

Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Gakusentoshi Asterisk

Post by Nurin »

denormative wrote:《影星》 - 《Shadow star》
That's what google translate tells me, so I don't quite trust it. :? The problem is 影 can actually mean 'light' in some instances, along with 'reflection' and a few other things. Granted 'starlight' is those two kanji in reverse order so 'shadow star' is as good a guess as any at this point.
Well Shadow star is how I would translate it, dont have a deep meaning for it, I don't even know the history but, I guess that meaning of "shadow" can be mainteined...
Call me Nurin!

setsuna86
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by setsuna86 »

Hiyono wrote:Just how many series are you planning on working on setsuna? As far as I'm aware, the list now includes Vanadis, Mahouka, Rakuin no Monshou, and now this. Aren't you worried you might be spreading yourself a bit thin?
I only work on two series: Vanadis and Gakusen. I decide to leave Rakuin no Monshou, and for Mahouka, I only say that I was helping, so it is not as if I was working on that (I only do the chapter 4). When the new vol of Vanadis Comes out, I will continue working on it as usual. And for Gakusen, I did not begin Translation yet. I am still at the state of converting scans to text doc. And I think, I will begin with it after finishing the vol 7 of Vanadis (which will be released on 25.07).
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

setsuna86 wrote:I am still at the state of converting scans to text doc.
:?: I've got a text dump from the kindle version that I complained about on the front page, how it's pictures were terribly low resolution and thus mostly unreadable (and thus quite frankly an insult to the author's/artist's work). It would probably be better to use that text to translate from since it shouldn't have scan errors or anything in it, unless there's a particular way of formatting things you're using.

(I have to dump it out, since the useless kindle reader doesn't support cutting and pasting the text into a translator program to give me help for the particularly quirky grammar, or allow me to be lazy and have another program do most of the translation of the kanji for me. >.> )
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
setsuna86
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by setsuna86 »

denormative wrote:
setsuna86 wrote:I am still at the state of converting scans to text doc.
:?: I've got a text dump from the kindle version that I complained about on the front page, how it's pictures were terribly low resolution and thus mostly unreadable (and thus quite frankly an insult to the author's/artist's work). It would probably be better to use that text to translate from since it shouldn't have scan errors or anything in it, unless there's a particular way of formatting things you're using.

(I have to dump it out, since the useless kindle reader doesn't support cutting and pasting the text into a translator program to give me help for the particularly quirky grammar, or allow me to be lazy and have another program do most of the translation of the kanji for me. >.> )
There is not a particular way of formatting. I also Encounter the same Problem as you. There are unreadable parts, so I Kind of leave them for the time being, and after I have planned to ask you about that, but if even you have this Problem, I don't know what to do. Maybe there is another with good resolution Scans online? I will check. But if you can also help me with that, it will be good. Since truly speaking, this Scans give me headache (I'm forced to thoroughly look after kani per kanji and it's tiresome).

[should move to pm as you get deeper in that subject.]
setsuna86
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by setsuna86 »

Once again, I will say that denormative and I want to start the Project of this LN. As it writes on the first page, do you wish to see this novel translated? If not, I will stop with it (Since I already began the translation).
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

setsuna86 wrote:Once again, I will say that denormative and I want to start the Project of this LN. As it writes on the first page, do you wish to see this novel translated? If not, I will stop with it (Since I already began the translation).
Ignore that 'No'. I am with 'yes'. Thanks :D
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

setsuna86 wrote:Once again, I will say that denormative and I want to start the Project of this LN. As it writes on the first page, do you wish to see this novel translated? If not, I will stop with it (Since I already began the translation).
Voted yes, 380 yes + 4 no, gogogo! :D
Good luck for translating it.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Thanks to Setsuna and denormative, we now have the project page :mrgreen:
omegasereon
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by omegasereon »

Can someone link the bt page? I can't seem to find it in the teaser or pending project pages. Thanks alot!
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

omegasereon wrote:Can someone link the bt page? I can't seem to find it in the teaser or pending project pages. Thanks alot!
You will have to log-in. Such things happens sometimes

Teaser page
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

Just problem with the cache XD.
Patron God of NTRed
omegasereon
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by omegasereon »

chancs wrote:
omegasereon wrote:Can someone link the bt page? I can't seem to find it in the teaser or pending project pages. Thanks alot!
You will have to log-in. Such things happens sometimes

Teaser page
Thanks xD!
Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hiyono »

Open question: Anyone have any idea what "リンドブルス" is supposed to be? It's the furigana attached to "王竜星武祭". Given that "王竜" is essentially "king dragon" and リンドブルム, which differs only by its last kana, means "lindworm", my guess is they're related. That said, I still can't figure it out =(
"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible and wrong." H.L. Mencken (1971)
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Hiyono wrote:Open question: Anyone have any idea what "リンドブルス" is supposed to be? It's the furigana attached to "王竜星武祭". Given that "王竜" is essentially "king dragon" and リンドブルム, which differs only by its last kana, means "lindworm", my guess is they're related. That said, I still can't figure it out =(
Correct. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lindwurm.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wappe ... rtner).png

I'd spell it "Lindwurm" myself (the German spelling) since it sounds... less dumb (and also matches the katakana too.)
Last edited by denormative on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Href-s not href-ing properly.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Thanks to Setsuna, we now have chapter 1 complete.

Return to “Abandoned”