DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

General discussions related to Date A Live series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors, Alt. Language Translator/Editor

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby Insanitizer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:54 pm

vallor wrote:I changed a bit the toggle and moved it, tell me if you like it now.


Looks ok. Not sure it really matters. Honestly, the TOC thing makes me kinda against the whole folders idea, but probably to late now and I wouldn't ask vallor to change it. Best way to use the TOC is to click on the either the main or side story links in it and then used the collapsed folders as the TOC.

Poked around a bit in the media wiki docks, but didn't find anything useful. I'll try more later.

Looks pretty good.
User avatar
Insanitizer
Literature Club Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:41 am

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby AKAAkira » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Just checking, but was the whole point of making the page collapsible so that it won't be too long?

Edit: And by the way, why's some of the hider-thing's colours uniform. Like the one at the top - no distinction between for the box between Date A Live main story and Date A Live side stories. Can I at least put a bottom border in when that happens, or was it planned to have different colours?

By the way, there are plenty of workarounds for the Table of Contents thing. You can remove it, or you can wrap the toggler's markup around the text of the heading instead. Though, the latter option made a random blank space underneath it when I just tested it out...
User avatar
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby Yascob99 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:57 pm

AKAAkira wrote:By the way, there are plenty of workarounds for the Table of Contents thing. You can remove it, or you can wrap the toggler's markup around the text of the heading instead. Though, the latter option made a random blank space underneath it when I just tested it out...


we are not allowed to use the command to remove the TOC as well as even if we wrap it around to get the toggle to open properly from pressing the link in a TOC we need a time delay without javascript and currently in html the only way to do that is Meta Tags so as they are not installed we cannot use them. so currently to keep the TOC working which people still use and add the new code this is currently the best option.
- Yascob99 =)
User avatar
Yascob99
Kyonist
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:40 pm
Location: カナダ

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby AKAAkira » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:09 pm

Yascob99 wrote:we are not allowed to use the command to remove the TOC...


Didn't know that. Er, can I ask why?

Yascob99 wrote:...as well as even if we wrap it around to get the toggle to open properly from pressing the link in a TOC


Nonono, I don't mean configuring the TOC to open the toggle, I mean make the text in the headings themselves the toggle. That way, the TOC will redirect properly, and they can still be used as toggles. The only problem with that is the random blank space I mentioned showed up earlier.
User avatar
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby Insanitizer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:16 pm

Yascob99 wrote:
AKAAkira wrote:By the way, there are plenty of workarounds for the Table of Contents thing. You can remove it, or you can wrap the toggler's markup around the text of the heading instead. Though, the latter option made a random blank space underneath it when I just tested it out...


we are not allowed to use the command to remove the TOC as well as even if we wrap it around to get the toggle to open properly from pressing the link in a TOC we need a time delay without javascript and currently in html the only way to do that is Meta Tags so as they are not installed we cannot use them. so currently to keep the TOC working which people still use and add the new code this is currently the best option.


Why would you need a time delay without javascript? The toggles don't work without javascript anyway. (I got noscript and everything defaults to open).
User avatar
Insanitizer
Literature Club Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:41 am

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby Yascob99 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:11 pm

Insanitizer wrote:Why would you need a time delay without javascript? The toggles don't work without javascript anyway. (I got noscript and everything defaults to open).

hmm I guess but I'm not sure that the page will accept the javascript. The page did not accept meta tags so I'm assuming it would not work with javascript. but yeah the reason we need a time delay regardless of whether we wrap the TOC is because the toggle takes about 0.5-1s to open and the link activates immediately so when I tried it there was no way to get it to work. also since we can't change the TOC template and can't remove it with _NOTOC_ (don't know why ask vallor) so we can't actually wrap it as suggested. so that is why you can check it out in more detail on the http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Talk:Vallor_-_Tests
- Yascob99 =)
User avatar
Yascob99
Kyonist
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:40 pm
Location: カナダ

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby vallor » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:21 am

Wow, you helped me very much with the 'things to do' part, thanks!

I'm trying something...
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
User avatar
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
 
Posts: 1512
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 12:20 pm
Location: France

Re: Date a Live: General

Postby MyGawd » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Shouldn't the "click here etc. ..." toggle be move down to "The Date A Live series by Tachibana Koushi" section and be merged with DAL MS toggle and DAL SS toggle. because right now it a bit fubenna.

Edit : Wrong topic, I moved your post in the right one.
Last edited by Devenk83 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moving post
Empire's Strongest
User avatar
MyGawd
Devoted Haruhiist
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:21 am

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby vallor » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:58 am

We moved it because of a bug with the ToC. Now, the toggle is right below the warning, for everyone see it.
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
User avatar
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
 
Posts: 1512
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 12:20 pm
Location: France

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby Yascob99 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:58 pm

Since this post is pretty much dead and everything is basically done I'd like to say thanks to everyone who gave their input or helped out. I'd also like to specially thank:
Nurin - for getting this clean up started
Vallor - for all his hard work on the code template
OH&S - for letting us use the code he wrote a base
- Yascob99 =)
User avatar
Yascob99
Kyonist
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:40 pm
Location: カナダ

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby Nurin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:01 am

I can't say that a topic is dead with only 2 days... Anyways, thank you... Oh well, more 12 days guys...

The final clean-up will be made on thursday, April 01 of 2014 at 00:01h GMT -2

No, better, March 31 of 2014 at 23:59h

Best Regards
Call me Nurin!

Image
User avatar
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
 
Posts: 3206
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: お前の頭にある存在だけ。つまり、幻想。

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby vallor » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:11 am

I did not do very much, I don't need thanks. ;)
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
User avatar
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
 
Posts: 1512
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 12:20 pm
Location: France

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby Daylighter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:47 am

Ahhh damn i only noticed this now. I stopped Editing at Volume 5 since there was a large TL gap back then. oh well looks like i'll have to start doing edits again in order to not get deleted
User avatar
Daylighter
Astral Realm
 

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby cloudii » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:59 am

Just linking here what the facebook readers think: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Baka.Tsuki.org/permalink/10152073826800892/?qa_ref=qd, just for reference.

But I really appreciate all the effort you guys put into this regardless of what others think. <3
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
User avatar
cloudii
Project Translator
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:30 pm
Location: awkward buttface

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Postby denormative » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:59 pm

The main page's open/close boxes are broken. They keep closing when you return to the main page after opening them and clicking a link then back, or refreshing the page; they don't stay open like Toaru's.

It's a complete pain in the arse since I keep losing my place in the page since the page keeps getting shorter.
User avatar
denormative
Fish Miner
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to Date A Live

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest