Rental Magica

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel Series Translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really(Please Give Reason)
0%
No(Please Give Reason)
0%

Total votes: 568

Psy0
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Rental Magica: General

Post by Psy0 »

If only we can get EnigmaticAxiom to use his machine translation method for this series. The vanadis series were done using his method allowing him to translate volumes in matter of weeks or less. Reading that series you wouldn't know it was machine translation till you look at the disclaimer. I think he uses a hybrid of machine and proofing reading with an elementary understanding of Japanese to make sure names and certain parts remain coherent.
reimark24
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by reimark24 »

i wish someone translate this one :D
carinderyeah
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by carinderyeah »

Wow, the Illus are great, my first impression on the synopsis was it would totally whack action, this would make a great thriller. I'mma read this soon if time allows. Tl's crawlin' as always, :!: EnigmaticAxiom seems to have other matter's to attend to.

Yeah, hope this gets picked up by translators. . :D Translators are rare.
P.S. Feel free to PM me anything you want, oh, be as random as possible
Irritated beyond endurance, I gripped the table's edge, and prepared to use the technique which had been passed down by my grandfather, namely «Table Flip».
trojan13ic
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by trojan13ic »

i hope that theirs still a possibility that this LN will be translated soon...

- :( how sad..,
Kaonasi
Astral Realm

Post by Kaonasi »

About PDF file: it has been lost on Mediafire. Would anyone reupload it somewhere?
Akirina
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

Kaonasi wrote:About PDF file: it has been lost on Mediafire. Would anyone reupload it somewhere?
I'd reupload it, if I can, but you'll have to wait until Nov-Dec, because I wouldn't be able to do it now. Unless someone else can reupload it?
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.
Kaonasi
Astral Realm

Post by Kaonasi »

Akirina wrote:I'd reupload it, if I can, but you'll have to wait until Nov-Dec, because I wouldn't be able to do it now. Unless someone else can reupload it?
Some years ago I've made a translation RM into Russian. I just want to read the English one to compare and check some questions ))
I can use plain text, but PDF is more suitable for me, so I'll be patient ))
juliostorm
Astral Realm

Post by juliostorm »

Psy0 wrote:If only we can get EnigmaticAxiom to use his machine translation method for this series. The vanadis series were done using his method allowing him to translate volumes in matter of weeks or less. Reading that series you wouldn't know it was machine translation till you look at the disclaimer. I think he uses a hybrid of machine and proofing reading with an elementary understanding of Japanese to make sure names and certain parts remain coherent.
that would be great if he could share this machine translator with us.
well, i hope he can...
The Last Melody
Astral Realm

Re: Rental Magica

Post by The Last Melody »

Heey, if it's okay, I'd like to try and translate this.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

You may go ahead.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
krytyk
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by krytyk »

The Last Melody wrote:Heey, if it's okay, I'd like to try and translate this.
There should be no problems about it, currently there is no translators doing it, and as such you're allowed to take over the project completely and try it. Just register yourself on wiki, read through the rules, register yourself here - http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php ... ation_Page (you can take over registration for unfinished chapters by Akirina (no problems, translator MIA ever since september 2012).

And that's it. WIsh you luck in battle.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

krytyk wrote:... register yourself here - http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php ... ation_Page (you can take over registration for unfinished chapters by Akirina (no problems, translator MIA ever since september 2012).
Actually, Akirina was active on the wiki just a week ago, even though he/she apparently hasn't worked on Rental Magica for a while. If you did want to work on the two chapters with Akirina's name next to them, then you should just drop a message on Akarina's talk page to make sure he/she doesn't mind. For any other chapter you can just register right away as krytyk advised.
Akirina
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

Cthaeh wrote:
krytyk wrote:... register yourself here - http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php ... ation_Page (you can take over registration for unfinished chapters by Akirina (no problems, translator MIA ever since september 2012).
Actually, Akirina was active on the wiki just a week ago, even though he/she apparently hasn't worked on Rental Magica for a while. If you did want to work on the two chapters with Akirina's name next to them, then you should just drop a message on Akarina's talk page to make sure he/she doesn't mind. For any other chapter you can just register right away as krytyk advised.
I've no problem with that, since I've not started translating the two chapters yet. You can take over those two chapters, I'll remove my name from the registration for them. Good luck and welcome to the translating committee! :D
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.

Return to “English”