Heavy Object

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading HEAVY OBJECT ?

It was good! Please do more!
93%
It was interesting.
5%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 550

Jasae Bushae
Astral Realm

Re: Heavy Object (D)

Post by Jasae Bushae »

*still scratching my head trying to figure out how it went from entering a major battle in the middle of the monarchy capital in volume 1 epilogue to a mission in antartica with no clear resolution*

wonderful story overall though XD *has no intention of reading the third volume chapters until its completed so i dont sit on the edge of my seat overmuch*
shiganami.ai
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Heavy Object

Post by shiganami.ai »

Yooo guys! The volume 3 of Heavy Object was translated completely~ XD

Sadly no .pdf yet, orz.
Hitagi Tsundere

What's flooded above and on fire below?
Bobobob
Astral Realm

Re: Heavy Object: General

Post by Bobobob »

I'm also confused, what the heck happened between Vol 1 Epilogue and Vol 2 Ch 1?
oninn
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by oninn »

I created a PDF of Heavy Object vol 3. Here it is. Enjoy! :D
And please don't be mad. I'm just a noob... I can't find any Heavy Object PDF related forums (only ePUB and MOBI, oh well).

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.
d34thw1ng
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by d34thw1ng »

already read v1 ch1 damn funny XD and thrilling :O thanks for the trnaslation
forsaken by god , humans are bound to the hands of the devil. reality is that god never exist , and when humans thinks they are forgotten they just abandon rationality
swiftelf
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Too many.

Post by swiftelf »

Volume 4 is completed!
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
d34thw1ng
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by d34thw1ng »

=/ v1 c4 everytime i read the dialog from the princes (hohoho part) it reminds me of tiger from winnie the pooh... hahahahaahah dfgsadfddsd
forsaken by god , humans are bound to the hands of the devil. reality is that god never exist , and when humans thinks they are forgotten they just abandon rationality
mythics
Astral Realm

Post by mythics »

I saw on the ?main? page that you were looking for editors. I would like to volunteer if my services would be required, but I am unsure of what steps to take. From what i've seen on other areas of the forums I just start going willy-nilly on editing. However, this feels awkard to me and I would like clarification.

Thanks,
mythics
acolyte
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

Thank you for the translations!
I just started reading this novel. The cover didn't interest me for a while but after realizing it's authored by Index's author, I decided to try.
Oh god.. It's a lot to take in.. It's packed full of content every chapter..
I like how what the main characters do seems like every other good novels, but the environment that's being constructed makes the character's actions significant.
Catchfraze
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Catchfraze »

I hope the harem aspect of the series doesn't start to take front and center to the plot. I'm already resigned to not having any resolutions to the relationships that happen in the series...but I do hope the plot doesn't get too convoluted to the point that it's no longer possible to tie everything up...or even worse, he takes the route he took in index where he drags out the main questions of the series for pretty much ever.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Catchfraze wrote:I hope the harem aspect of the series doesn't start to take front and center to the plot. I'm already resigned to not having any resolutions to the relationships that happen in the series...but I do hope the plot doesn't get too convoluted to the point that it's no longer possible to tie everything up...or even worse, he takes the route he took in index where he drags out the main questions of the series for pretty much ever.
While I'm only up to v3, I kind of expected there to be no relationship resolution, since there doesn't seem to be any relationship development. Well, other then between Quenser and Heivia anyway. The rest seem to either spend most of the time away from the action that they don't get much 'screen time', or they're stuck deep inside an Object. Honestly I feel I know the IA's Elite as well as I know the Princess, yet she's been in the story since the first volume.

Also, the author doesn't seem to want to bother finishing up each of his 'stories' either. As soon as the action in a chapter finishes, he seems to immediately start the next chapter rather then wrap up any of the of the left over character-development hooks. An example would be right before the end of the chapter, character X is told that character Y will be really annoyed when he gets back to base, and then the chapter ends without even a simple cut back to base and a page of text covering their interactions so we can know why the annoyance, and what level the annoyance is, and all that sort of stuff.

Anyway, my prediction for winning couple from the harem based on relationship development is currently Quenser x Heivia. :P
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
SXIII
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SXIII »

denormative wrote:
Catchfraze wrote:I hope the harem aspect of the series doesn't start to take front and center to the plot. I'm already resigned to not having any resolutions to the relationships that happen in the series...but I do hope the plot doesn't get too convoluted to the point that it's no longer possible to tie everything up...or even worse, he takes the route he took in index where he drags out the main questions of the series for pretty much ever.
While I'm only up to v3, I kind of expected there to be no relationship resolution, since there doesn't seem to be any relationship development. Well, other then between Quenser and Heivia anyway. The rest seem to either spend most of the time away from the action that they don't get much 'screen time', or they're stuck deep inside an Object. Honestly I feel I know the IA's Elite as well as I know the Princess, yet she's been in the story since the first volume.

Also, the author doesn't seem to want to bother finishing up each of his 'stories' either. As soon as the action in a chapter finishes, he seems to immediately start the next chapter rather then wrap up any of the of the left over character-development hooks. An example would be right before the end of the chapter, character X is told that character Y will be really annoyed when he gets back to base, and then the chapter ends without even a simple cut back to base and a page of text covering their interactions so we can know why the annoyance, and what level the annoyance is, and all that sort of stuff.

Anyway, my prediction for winning couple from the harem based on relationship development is currently Quenser x Heivia. :P
Character and interpersonal relationship start to develop to a more meaningfull level during volume 3 (volume 1 is written like a fast paced standalone action novel). In short it gets better with each volume.
Catchfraze
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Catchfraze »

SXIII wrote: Character and interpersonal relationship start to develop to a more meaningfull level during volume 3 (volume 1 is written like a fast paced standalone action novel). In short it gets better with each volume.
Volume 1 may have been written that way, but I have to agree with denormative. The only characters that I feel are growing are Heivia and Quenser. We learn bits and pieces about the different Elite pilots, but nothing that really makes them feel closer to the main characters or me as a reader.

Hrm, after typing it out, I guess my feeling is that the relationship between the cast members aside from Heivia and Quenser don't feel like they're really moving in any direction. I mean, Froyletia continues to dump shit on Heivia and Quenser and acts like she doesn't trust them to do things, but they've saved her ass and the units so many times (even if they were ultimately trying t save themselves). The Princess acts like she owns Quenser, but we never see any attempts at her to seriously communicate with him. Quenser is blind to how the Princess feels about him (something I'm really starting to hate as a trope in light novels) and Heivia treats Froyletia like some kind of witch even though she's demonstrated to them that she has their backs.

It feels like 60% of the dialogue that takes place int he series is stuff that we've already read and we've already read it because the characters acted the same way in the previous volumes.
Spoiler! :
This is why during one of the volumes when Heivia and Quenser have a talk about what they should do and they get all introspective and decide they might have "knight" complexes and are doing all the dangerous stuff they're doing because it's the right thing to do from a humanitarian stand point...even if they're life won't be in immediate danger if they don't act.
But even with that above spoiler, it was something that only takes place with Heivia and Quenser. I guess I want to see the side cast explored more personality and growth wise, especially since the author is probably going to keep introducing new characters each volume until the cast is as large as the objects that exist in universe.

Hope all that makes sense.

All that said, I'm excited to read more and have been practicing my japanese off of the raws and translations as a "guide" mark for when I go off the rails.
SXIII
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SXIII »

In this aspect volume 5 (that's basically a side story) is way better. With a prologue and a bit more than 1 chapter there is almost more charachter development and interaction than the previous 4 volumes combined. :lol:

Return to “English”