Kamisu Reina Series

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Kamisu Reina Series

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Well, since I'm already half through the first novel, I might as well create a thread. I will hold off creating a poll, since there's no point in one really. I'll just do whatever I want. :D

Having said that, this is the official Kamisu Reina thread. Feel free to discuss.

Disclaimer: I don't support the idea of suicide. Don't get any silly ideas. :P
Last edited by larethian on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Re: Kamisu Reina Series

Post by Nurin »

Seriously? Suicide? I can see for the cover illustration that it isn't the "Cup of Tea", but suicide? :shock:
Call me Nurin!

rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

The ride is crazy, that's for sure. The author sure likes to break his characters.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Nura rihan wrote:Seriously? Suicide? I can see for the cover illustration that it isn't the "Cup of Tea", but suicide? :shock:
Well, it surely isn't very light-novel-ish. :D In fact, there is nothing that makes it one, except for the label it was published under. Still, I get the same feeling of being absorbed that I get with Hakomari, making it an enjoyable read for me. And imo, it's not *that* depressing -- the novel focuses more on the inner conflicts of its characters and less on their actual suffering.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

So...does anyone suicide?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

EusthEnoptEron wrote:Well, since I'm already half through the first novel, I might as well create a teaser thread. I will hold off creating a poll, since there's no point in one really. I'll just do whatever I want. :D
How about a slightly different poll, just to see how many didnt like teaser... ;)

btw. shouldnt it be pending by now for the upgrade to full project, since there are already two complete chapters translated?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Darklor wrote: How about a slightly different poll, just to see how many didnt like teaser... ;)

btw. shouldnt it be pending by now for the upgrade to full project, since there are already two complete chapters translated?

Maybe he doesn't care about getting full project status just yet and wants to take it slow.

Anyway, added a poll.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Okay, uploaded the third chapter. One more to go. Watch out -- this one's pretty dark. Next one will be about her boyfriend tracing her steps.

Maybe he doesn't care about getting full project status just yet and wants to take it slow.
Exactly. I don't want the responsibilities of a full project. :D

Btw. I was against a poll because seeing the low interest kills my motivation and it serves no purpose. :P
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Poll deleted. But I don't think it makes a difference, Eusth. People will either express negative interest in thread or positive interest in thread.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Thanks, Lare.
larethian wrote:Poll deleted. But I don't think it makes a difference, Eusth. People will either express negative interest in thread or positive interest in thread.
Oh, I don't mind the negative/positive feedback. The problem is that I can't keep myself from looking at the number of people who took part in the poll—which I know is almost as devastating as the number of votes for Dantalian. Of course, you could argue that the thread-view count should have the same effect, but I'm not that obsessed. :D
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

EusthEnoptEron wrote:The problem is that I can't keep myself from looking at the number of people who took part in the poll
I know that feel. It's totally subjective, your project, your decision, all legit.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

As long as you like to do it, everything is ok. - Dont mind the others :twisted: or their shortage ;)

At least you probably wont have to fear a English license ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
thresholden
Astral Realm

Post by thresholden »

I just finished whats been translated of Kamisu Reina and I really enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of Usamaru Furuya's Suicide Club: link removed
Spoiler! :
I loved Hakomari and reading this work of Mikage really reinforced why I enjoy his work. He's incredibly good at understanding and conveying a character's internal conflict, and he does it by personifying abstract concepts into these mysterious omnipotent beings: Kamisu Reina and O respectively. I get a great tingling sensation when he finally reveals his hand, like at the end of volume 5 of Hakomari. Kamisu Reina's idea of having a phenomenon exist that gives suicidical teenagers that last push they need to finally do it is really interesting. In each of the three stories, Kamisu Reina pushes each of them over the threshold, not by making them despair, but by showing them hope in suicide. I guess she also embodies the suicider's hope for an orderly world, as in chapter 2 and 3 where both characters see her as an answer to why they had to suffer. You could go so many different ways with Mikage's concepts and I really enjoyed Kamisu Reina because of it.
I definitely look forward to the last chapter of this volume and omake comedy bit of Hakomari that you mentioned on /a/. Thanks for your excellent translations and keep up the good work.
Last edited by yoyoyo5678 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added spoiler tag + link to information of another manga was removed
BitterSugar
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BitterSugar »

I really do hope the last chapter gets translated one day..
Want something edited? Feel free to private message me and I'll see what I can do.

EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

I'm currently at 50% percent of the last chapter, and finally making progress again. I should be able to complete it soon enough, unless my assignments get in my way.
That being said, I don't know yet if I'll continue with the second volume afterwards, since the time would probably be better spent editing Hakomari or translating more of Tsukumodo. No pictures, after all. We'll see.

Return to “English”