Administrative Requests Consolidation

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
Zero2001
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Administrative Requests Consolidation

Post by Zero2001 »

Tsukaima Legion's for "Digital Magicians, Scanlators, Translators & Editors and/or from other groups, who are welcome friends of Baka-Tsuki." It's a mixed group.

The thing is... despite the difference in roles/activities, scanlators don't have a group of their own. I know we're extremely low in number but having experienced the amount of work involved, I think a group should be made. Even Digitalizer Magicians who focus on VNs have their own group.

Trust me... cleaning a color image of it's text is extremely hard to do (especially if you can't use content-aware to clean, I use CS3 so I can't).

Well it's basically a request. Implementing it will make things easier in terms of communication but the wiki can also keep going without it, as it is, with no differences. I'll leave it to the admins to decide if it's worth it.
Ne, onegai. Set me free, ne? Kore kara ii ko ni naru kara... ne?
Zero2001.
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lery »

Knowing phpBB, I can tell you that creating groups without special permission isn't a big deal at all. :)
But... Well, I guess that the only bother with it would be that we need then someone to manage it, to add the people who are cleaners and check he's not adding some wild newbie who just applied to all the groups at once, and so on. :wink:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Vaelis is a scantalator for RedHawk, and I'm a (ultra-leisure) one for IMS. If need be, when a member does apply and give us his/her group name, we can verify it easily through our networks.

On an another note, what is 'Security Bureau' supposed to do? I'm pretty sure the 'ban' option was previously available to the group when the group was created but not available now (not that I'm looking to ban anyone; was just checking around out of curiosity :lol: ). For some reason, the group permissions have changed and I think the powers are the same as translator group now. Can I ask our little group of 3 to be disbanded because it's a little strange for my username to be in 'bright red' (makes me feel special :lol: ) but I can't do much if someone approaches me for forum issues.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

^ I think Security Bureau's privilege is even less than FSB's (supposed to be its minion). Considering I'm able to lock/unlock/do anything I want to any topic... (and I know it's not coming from my Project TL/Editor's privilege)
Lery

Post by Lery »

larethian wrote:Vaelis is a scantalator for RedHawk, and I'm a (ultra-leisure) one for IMS. If need be, when a member does apply and give us his/her group name, we can verify it easily through our networks.
So are you meaning you may take the responsibility for that "Cleaners" group? If so, then there aren't any problem I guess... We just need Oni's approval. :)
larethian wrote: On an another note, what is 'Security Bureau' supposed to do? I'm pretty sure the 'ban' option was previously available to the group when the group was created but not available now (not that I'm looking to ban anyone; was just checking around out of curiosity :lol: ). For some reason, the group permissions have changed and I think the powers are the same as translator group now. Can I ask our little group of 3 to be disbanded because it's a little strange for my username to be in 'bright red' (makes me feel special :lol: ) but I can't do much if someone approaches me for forum issues.
I guess Oni confused the security bureau and the FSB when he removed the ban's right, that would be why it's so, now. Anyway, that shouldn't be the case. So why disband the security bureau ? On the contrary, you should just ask your rights back ;)
And ask the FSB to see its ban's option removed. :| (Even if I'm actually in the FSB and so shouldn't be wanting to see some of my current rights removed :lol: )

In fact I just took a look and it looks like the "Security Bureau" group was set as an invisible group. ^^' So there are certainly even more changed things than what we thought.
By the way, would you like to be added to the FSB group ? I may do that since I'm a group-leader, if you want to.

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Zero2001
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zero2001 »

The scanlators I'm talking about are those that have uploaded cleaned and typesetted images on baka-tsuki. I think working with other groups is not important in this case.

It's basically the same as the check for editor. A person puts in a request to join the group, his uploads are checked. As long as it's his own work, he's added. Simple enough.

Personally speaking, I have no experience anywhere other than here. Yet I've uploaded many here. How else are you going to verify someone like me?
Zero2001.
Lery

Post by Lery »

That's how I understood your idea.

I guess larethian was speaking about the possible newbies who would try to join the group as soon as registered... (Or weren't you?)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I'd say that we can just throw them in the Tsukaima Legion. Looking at the names there, it would be legit.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Zero2001
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zero2001 »

Kira0802 wrote:I'd say that we can just throw them in the Tsukaima Legion.
Already explained this here.
Zero2001.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Lery wrote:
larethian wrote:Vaelis is a scantalator for RedHawk, and I'm a (ultra-leisure) one for IMS. If need be, when a member does apply and give us his/her group name, we can verify it easily through our networks.
So are you meaning you may take the responsibility for that "Cleaners" group? If so, then there aren't any problem I guess... We just need Oni's approval. :)
On second thoughts, no thanks, I don't like more responsibility :lol:
Lery wrote:
larethian wrote: On an another note, what is 'Security Bureau' supposed to do? I'm pretty sure the 'ban' option was previously available to the group when the group was created but not available now (not that I'm looking to ban anyone; was just checking around out of curiosity :lol: ). For some reason, the group permissions have changed and I think the powers are the same as translator group now. Can I ask our little group of 3 to be disbanded because it's a little strange for my username to be in 'bright red' (makes me feel special :lol: ) but I can't do much if someone approaches me for forum issues.
I guess Oni confused the security bureau and the FSB when he removed the ban's right, that would be why it's so, now. Anyway, that shouldn't be the case. So why disband the security bureau ? On the contrary, you should just ask your rights back ;)
And ask the FSB to see its ban's option removed. :| (Even if I'm actually in the FSB and so shouldn't be wanting to see some of my current rights removed :lol: )

In fact I just took a look and it looks like the "Security Bureau" group was set as an invisible group. ^^' So there are certainly even more changed things than what we thought.
By the way, would you like to be added to the FSB group ? I may do that since I'm a group-leader, if you want to.
I don't understand. You mean, you still have the 'ban' option? Anyway, I had no idea how I became part of the Security Bureau. :lol: I don't need FSB rights but I'll be happy if I have full mod powers for Mahouka and Daiden/Itsuten subforums.
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Without customized rights, the easiest solution is probably a well-deserved promotion for larethian to Senior Translator.
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

^Agree. It's kind of embarrassing for me, when a major contributor to wiki still is not a Senior Translator :oops:
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Tsukaima Legion <3

On another note, can't have a CIA without a FBI, so LSB is here to stay. :P

Cos what can i say? I like the Loonies! :lol: :twisted:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword

Post by bestnumber?8721 »

... So wat exactly is the Tsukaima legion meant to do exactly???
Technically I'm an evil spirit.

Can edit stuff if need be, I've just been bored and busy... for the past 2 years
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

bestnumber?8721 wrote:... So wat exactly is the Tsukaima legion meant to do exactly???
Serve Louise? (Though I think she already has her hands full keeping one Tsukaima on a leash...)
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960

Return to “General Help”