The Visual Novel Clannad is also available in the following languages (Note: Translation progress varies for each version):
Please Note: That Baka-Tsuki hosts only the Translated text, and as such, no images or game files are hosted here.
- June 7, 2012 - Project leadership has been transferred to Doki Fansubs! The Baka-Tsuki wiki will no longer be updated, but will be preserved as an archive.
- February 18, 2012 - Launch of new website.
- August 31, 2011 - Hiatus formally declared. Work to resume in mid-November 2011.
- April 13, 2011 - Overhauled this page, to reflect the official change of staff.
- January 29, 2011 - Uploaded a collection of stray, untranslated lines from various SEENs.
- January 20, 2011 - Uploaded image-based system text.
- January 1, 2011 - Uploaded image-based story text.
- December 31, 2010 - All updates made in the SVN have been merged into the Wiki. The Wiki is now an updated version of the SVN.
- March 22, 2010 - Uploaded strings extracted from the kepago script files.
There are 88 unique strings that need translation. You can find them here.
- July 1st, 2009 - Synchronization of updated translations from wiki to SVN has started.
Please see the SVN message(Restricted access)
- December 7, 2008 - SVN introduced
- March 1, 2008 - Some screens to whet your appetite from our internal build. :)
- February 29, 2008 - After Story complete, translation status: 99.999%
- TL check forthcoming...
- November 9, 2007 - Nagisa's route complete, translation status: 86%
- September 17, 2007 - Kotomi's route complete, translation status: 74%
- July 23, 2007 - Fuuko's route complete, translation status: 65%
- May 17, 2007 - Tomoyo's route complete, translation status: 53%
- April 14, 2007 - Kyou's route complete, translation status: 42%
- February 24, 2007 - Translation now stands at 25%. :)
- February 9, 2007 - We've hit the 20% translation mark! Thank you everyone for your support!
- February 5, 2007
- zefgame joins the だんご大家族 club :3
- New screenshots at the development website!
- January 29, 2007 - Development website posted
- January 23, 2007 - Switched from spreadsheets to Kepago files
- January 22, 2007 - Project announcement!
Clannad is an all-ages visual novel adventure developed by Key/VisualArts, released in 2004. More information is available at the Wikipedia article.
This project is a second-generation resurrection of the translation project effort that started in 2005. The Clannad translation effort was originally started by Soulfang, then resurrected as an open collaboration by velocity7 in 2007, and finally re-resurrected for polishing by Polarem in 2011. If any groups are interested in using the script files for their own CLANNAD translation project, such as a foreign language, please contact the Project Administrator. Also, please be advised that, until this project is complete, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or cleanliness of the translation, and therefore advise that you hold off on such requests until that happens.
Currently, the original version (2004) and the Full Voice version (2008) are supported.
We are looking into getting support for the Memorial Edition (2010) as well. If you have knowledge about RealLive and rlBabel-genmap, and wish to help, please contact Polarem at his talk page or at the project thread
There are currently no plans to support the console versions.
RLDev is the tool chain developed by Haeleth for editing RealLive data. The patch for RLDev that provides Full Voice support can be found here.
OCaml is the programming language used to write RLDev. Because it be a pain to setup, here are some directions for getting it up and running.
Where to Purchase CLANNAD
Although this is not an indication that the patch is in any way, shape, or form, near completion or readiness to release to the public, you may find this information useful.
The latest preview files for use with your game can be found here.
The webpage for the previous translation effort, which includes development details, screenshots, and downloadable content, is available at The Waffle House.
An updated game guide can be viewed here.
- Everything: Doki Fansubs
- Project Administrator: velocity7
This project was brought to you by the Drama Club/Dango Daikazoku （演劇部／だんご大家族）. The staff involved were:
- Sprocket-Hole Subs
- For a more detailed list, see the archived page
Special thanks goes to the following people/groups:
- Developed (RLdev), the RealLive tool designed for CLANNAD patches (apparently so it says on the website)
- Non-Directional Translations
- Hacking assistance with RealLive
- Helped deal with the anti-aliasing problem
- Documented the internals of the PAK archives
You may edit this page by clicking: