White Album 2
- April 6, 2014
- Closing chapter files are now available.
- March 14, 2012
- Page grand opening! Happy White Day!
- Introductory chapter files are now available.
This visual novel is rated Mature and is considered for Adults (18+) only.
If you are below the age of consent in your respective country, you are advised to stop immediately and leave this project page.
If there is sufficient interest shown from the userbase, an all-ages patch may be considered, but work on such a version is currently a secondary concern.
By continuing to read or be involved in this project, you agree to the terms of our Disclaimer.
Please note that Baka-Tsuki hosts only the translated text, and as such, no images or game files are hosted here.
Looking for Help!
Translation of Introductory Chapter is complete! This covers everything in the first season of the anime. Big thanks to all of the translators and editors who have stepped up to take on this project. However, due to the fact some of the translations are very rough, our team is focusing attention on TLC and polishing of Introductory Chapter, and a more polished version should be available eventually. Right now, are looking for capable translators and editors to work on Closing Chapter in the meanwhile, and are also looking for someone with experience in making bitmap fonts for the ingame text. If you would like to help, just sign up for an account on the top right and start working!
You can leave feedback or comment the project in the forum. Please let us know if something is wrong so we can look over it and fix it ASAP!
- Drop the patch.pak file in the same directory as WA2.exe.
- Not an official release. Very buggy and unpolished, with rough translations. Download at your own risk.
- Access past stats by going to http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4910378/WA2/stats/statsDATE.txt where you replace DATE by yyyymmdd date. Earliest is 20120412.
- Description: 7-zipped files that contain all the text needed to translate WHITE ALBUM2 -introductory chapter-.
- Date Posted: 2012/04/17
- Size: 246,844 bytes
- CRC32: a117c13e
- MD5: c9b89bf4d29a89bfeff960424b3029f7
- Description: 7-zipped files that contain all the text needed to translate WHITE ALBUM2 -closing chapter-.
- Date Posted: 2014/04/06
- Size: 766,674 bytes
- CRC32: BB347E91
- MD5: e6effe4a184c311fcaa5c75f8b4888e8
- Description: 7-zipped files that contain all the text needed to translate WHITE ALBUM2 -coda-.
- Date Posted:
If you are below the age of consent in your respective country, you are advised to not read any adult content (marked by cells with red backgrounds) where applicable. Otherwise, you are agreeing to the terms of our Disclaimer.
|Common||Kazusa (True)||Setsuna (True)||Kazusa (Normal)|
|Common||Setsuna (True)||Kazusa (Normal)|
Do I need to play the original WHITE ALBUM game (PC, PS3)?
- It's not necessary. Although there may be references to characters and songs from the previous entry in the series, they are not pivotal to the story. WHITE ALBUM2 is meant to be a standalone story that just so happens to take place in the same world as the original WHITE ALBUM did.
Okay, how can I purchase the game?
- As it is an eroge, availability may be limited. A list of stores that may stock them is listed below. Please be advised that the websites may not be safe for work:
- Please remember you must be at least 18 years of age before purchasing.
- The PS3 version, WHITE ALBUM2 -幸せの向こう側- (WHITE ALBUM2 ~The Other Side of Happiness~) is available for purchase as of December 20, 2012. This version is all-ages, but does have a CERO D rating (17 and older).
- The PS Vita version with the same title is available for purchase as of November 28, 2013. It is also an all-ages version.
Any extra notes that could be useful, like timeline, locations, etc.?
- You may check here, but please be advised it will have spoilers.
Are there guidelines for this project?
Could we get access to the tools used to extract the text?
- Unfortunately, the tools will remain closed for the time being. However, all the text that needs to be translated, in proper wiki format, will be made available. From time to time, we will release patches that reflect the work on the wiki. If other developments arise, we will look again into the possibility of making the tools public.
So wait, the patch is only for the WHITE ALBUM2 complete set?
- That is correct. At this time, we don't plan on supporting the other two editions. The complete set is available from stores, so we will be supporting that version.
- We suspect that the DVD version of the complete set is the same as the DMM (download) version, so hopefully both should be compatible with the patch.
- If it turns out there is a sizable audience that has purchased only the introductory or closing chapter, etc., we will look into this later.
Hey, the digital novels are not listed on the script chart!
- That's correct. At this time, we've decided that we won't be patching the two digital novels that are in-game. They are already available for your reading on the White Album 2 Omake page if you are interested.
Okay, do I need to play the game to translate/edit?
- Yes. Sometimes images/sound in-game will offer context to the actual text, so at this time it is a requirement. If you are translating/editing but haven't played the game, the script cannot be marked as completed until proofread by someone who has.
Why the adult-only disclaimer?
- Due to the fact that the game is an eroge, we find it necessary to warn people of the adult-only content in the game's scenarios. As mentioned before, the PS3 and PS Vita version of the game is an all-ages version. If enough interest is shown, we have also considered making an all-ages version of the English translation patch.
How much of the text is relevant to the PS3 version?
- As far as we know, almost all of it except for any of the adult sections. If there are any changes that are noticed, they'll be mentioned in the translation notes of the text. Unfortunately, at this time such changes won't be making it into the PC version of the translation. But for those who are following the translation in order to play the PS3 version of the game, the notes should hopefully prove useful.
So does that mean you're translating the PS3 version?
- Short answer: No. Long answer: Short of hacking the PS3 and opening it up, it isn't possible to create a translation patch for the PS3 version. However, the system is import-friendly, so feel free to import it from your favorite Japanese sites.
Can I use stuff based on what I've seen in the anime?
- Not really... the anime takes its liberties with the adaptation, even though it's done very well. There are some aspects that are shared between the game and anime, but please don't try a 1:1 copy of anything in-between.
- Project Administrator: velocity7