Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka, shortened as DanMachi(ダンまち), is a Japanese light novel series written by Fujino Omori and illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda. The first volume of the novel was published on Jan 15, 2013. Since then, 4 volumes have been published by SOFTBANK Creative under their GA Bunko label.
A manga adaptation by Kunieda (Art) and Omori, Fujino (Story) began its serialization on Aug 2, 2013 in the seinen manga magazine, Young Gangan, published by Square Enix.
On April 19, 2014, Yen Press has announced that they have licensed this title and will be publishing it under the name Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
- 1 Story Synopsis
- 2 Series Information
- 3 Translation
- 4 Updates
- 5 The Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka series by Fujino Omori
- 6 Project Staff
- 7 Series Overview
The huge labyrinth city, Orario, is the gateway to the huge underground maze commonly known as the “Dungeon”. Its strange name causes excitement, a place to gain honour, and maybe even a romance with a pretty girl. A place where people hold their breath, hoping to gain all they wish for, a place where a solitary young man meets a little “god”.
“Alright, Bell-kun, follow me! It’s time for the “Familia” initiation rite to happen!”
“Yes! I’m going to get stronger!”
The fated meeting of a boy who wants to become an adventurer, and the failed god who doesn’t even have a single follower.
This boy’s journey as written by the goddess, “Family’s Legend” (Familia’s Myth)
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Harem.
- Original Title: ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか
- English Title: Is it wrong that I want to meet you in a dungeon / Can't I Expect A Chance Encounter In The Dungeon? / Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
- Author: Fujino Omori
- Illustrator: Suzuhito Yasuda
- Published Volumes: 1-4
- Series Status: Suspended
Every chapter (after editing) must conform to the general format guidelines.
Translators are asked to register the chapters they want to work on.
If you enjoyed the translation, or want to give constructive criticism, why don't you tell us at the forum.
- 23rd April, 2014 - Volume 1 Chapter 6 completed.
- 21st April, 2014 - Volume 1 Chapter 5 completed.
- 25th March, 2014 - Volume 1 Chapter 4 completed.
- 16th March, 2014 - Volume 1 Chapter 3 completed.
- 15th March, 2014 - Volume 1 Chapter 2 completed.
- 18th February, 2014 - Volume 1 Chapter 1 completed.
- 18th August, 2013 - Teaser project started, Volume 1 Prologue completed.
The Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka series by Fujino Omori
Volume 1 (Full Text)
- Novel Illustrations
- Prologue - Is it Wrong to Expect for Encounters in the Dungeon?
- Chapter 1 - The World, Reality and Aspirations
- Chapter 2 - And So I ran
- Chapter 3 - Night before Awakening
- Chapter 4 - So I wanted to Become your Strength
- Chapter 5 - The Goddess's Prank
- Chapter 6 - Bump of Chicken
- Project Administrator:
- Project Manager:
- ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか (January 15, 2013 ISBN 978-4-7973-7280-9)
- ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 2 (February 15, 2013 ISBN 978-4-7973-7307-3)
- ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 3 (May 15, 2013 ISBN 978-4-7973-7362-2)
- ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 4 (December 14, 2013 ISBN 978-4-7973-7514-5)
- ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 5 (May 15, 2014 ISBN 978-4-7973-7714-9)