Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Oda Nobuna no Yabou (織田信奈の野望) is a light novel series written by Kasuga Mikage and illustrated by Miyama-Zero, published by GA Bunko. Currently, the series has 13 volumes and a spin off novel.
A one cour anime aired in Summer 2012, produced by Studio Gokumi and Madhouse, it covered the first four volumes.
- 1 Alternate translations
- 2 Story Synopsis
- 3 Character Introduction
- 4 Updates
- 5 Translation
- 6 The 'Oda Nobuna no Yabou' series by Kasuga Mikage
- 6.1 Volume 1 (Full Text)
- 6.2 Volume 2 (Full Text)
- 6.3 Volume 3 (Full Text)
- 6.4 Volume 4 (Full Text)
- 6.5 Volume 5 (Full Text)
- 6.6 Volume 6 (Full Text)
- 6.7 Volume 7 (Full Text)
- 6.8 Volume 8 (Full Text)
- 6.9 Volume 9 (Full Text)
- 6.10 Short Story
- 6.11 Volume 10
- 6.12 Volume 11
- 6.13 Volume 12
- 6.14 Volume 13
- 7 Spin-Off Volumes by Kasuga Mikage
- 8 Project Staff
- 9 Series Overview
The Oda Nobuna no Yabou series is also available in the following languages:
Sagara Yoshiharu finds himself back in time during the Sengoku era. During his first day, he was about to be killed in a battlefield. He is saved by a man named Toyotomi Hideyoshi. The famous Daimyou, General and Politician who unified Japan and ended the Sengoku era, dies while saving Sagara Yoshiharu. With history completely changed, Sagara Yoshiharu tries to make things right again but it seems that history is taking a different course than the one he learned in his time. Oda Nobunaga, the famed Daimyo is now a brilliant but beautiful young girl named Oda Nobuna. Sagara Yoshiharu decides to replace Toyotomi Hideyoshi by taking his place and serve under the command of Oda Nobuna under the given name "Monkey". Rewriting history as he goes along.
|Attention! Possible spoilers.|
NOTE: Name Order Confusion warning: Since this series happens in the latter half of 16th century, and most characters (i.e. except Yoshiharu) are based on historical figures of that era, this character sheet follows the "surname first" order.
Yoshiharu Sagara (相良 良晴 Sagara Yoshiharu)
Rank: Ashigaru Foot Soldier (vols 1 to 2) --> Captain (vols 3 to 4) --> Ashigaru Foot Soldier (vol 5 onwards) --> Daimyo (Vol 8 onwards)
Other names: Monkey (サル Saru)
The main male protagonist. A modern-day teenager who finds himself in an alternative version of the Sengoku period where some of the famous warlords of the era are female. Replacing the role of the famous Toyotomi Hideyoshi, who had died from saving Yoshiharu's life, Yoshiharu swears to fulfill the dead man's dream of becoming a Daimiyo and becoming popular with the ladies by using his knowledge from the video game called "Nobunaga no Yabou" to foresee future events and help Nobuna in her quest to unite and conquer Japan. Like Hideyoshi, he was constantly referred as Monkey (サル Saru) much to his displeasure.
Oda Kazusanosuke Nobuna (織田 上総介 信奈, Oda Kazusanosuke Nobuna)
The main female protagonist and the Daimyo of Owari. She has a tsundere attitude. Known by her enemies as the "Fool of Owari (尾張の大うつけ Owari no Ōutsuke)", she is a brilliant and ambitious teenage girl who plans to conquer and unite Japan to strengthen the nation and allow it to stand on equal grounds with advanced European nations. An admirer of foreign culture and items, their influences inspire Nobuna's ambition. Throughout the series she is troubled by her position of leadership. As a person who is kind at heart, she seeks to rule with benevolence. Unfortunately, however, she often finds herself in a position where she must make decisions that compromise the integrity of her idealistic ruling etiquette.
Shibata Katsuie (柴田 勝家 Shibata Katsuie)
Rank: General, Daimyo (Vol 8 onwards)
Originally, she was an aide to Nobuna's younger brother, Nobukatsu, but her true loyalty lied with Nobuna. Due to an agreement that was made after one of Nobukatsu's failed rebellions, she officially became one of Nobuna's retainers. She has a complex about her bust and is bad at math. However, Katsuie is known for being unstoppable in battles.
Niwa Nagahide (丹羽 長秀 Niwa Nagahide)
Rank: General, Daimyo (Vol 8 onwards)
She serves as the Oda clan's tactician. She enjoys teasing others, and has a habit of assigning "points" to indicate her approval or disapproval of anything from battle strategies to bad jokes. She is also quite supportive of Nobuna and Yoshiharu's relationship.
Akechi Mitsuhide (明智 光秀 Akechi Mitsuhide)
Rank: General (Saito Clan, vol 1) --> Ronin (vol 2) --> General (Oda Clan, vol 3 onwards) --> Daimyo (Oda Clan, Vol 5 onwards)
Other names: Juubei (十兵衛 Jūbē)
She is a brilliant tactician and strategist - although her strategies are renowned for their ruthlessness and cruelty. Originally a loyal and dutiful general of the Saitō clan, she later becomes one of Nobuna's most important generals after Dōsan Saitō, leader of the Saitō clan, allies himself with Nobuna. Due to her pride and ambition, Jubei wants nothing more than to be acknowledged by others, especially by Nobuna - who she admires very much. She later falls in love with Yoshiharu and misunderstood an order by Nobuna and inversely marries Yoshiharu. She is also sensitive about having a large forehead.
Takenaka Hanbei (竹中 半兵衛 Takenaka Hanbē)
Rank: Strategist (Under Yoshiharu)
A highly intelligent strategist who serves Yoshiharu directly and, through serving him, serves Nobuna. Initially a general of the Saitō clan, she remained loyal to the clan even after Yoshitatsu overthrew his father. She hates meaningless bloodshed and prefers using strategies that cause the least number of casualties possible. Hanbē, being a timid girl, is afraid of the overbearing Yoshitatsu and tries to perform her duties as a Saitō clan strategist without having to enter into physical proximity of him. Due to how kind Yoshiharu is to her, she swears her loyalty to him rather than Nobuna, but is willing to help him achieve Nobuna's ambition. As an Onmyōji, she can summon powerful Shikigami familiars. However, using her powers would strain her physically and mentally.
Maeda Toshiie (前田 利家 Maeda Toshiie)
Rank: Bodyguard of the Oda Clan (to Nobuna)
She is a young girl who is one of the best spear wielders of the Oda faction. She is also part of Yoshiharu's loyal followers and serves as his personal bodyguard. She has a complex about having small breasts and is a childhood friend of Nobuna.
Hachisuka Goemon (蜂須賀 五右衛門 Hachisuka Goemon)
Rank: Ninja, Leader of the Kawanamishuu (川並衆 Kawanamishuu).
Matsunaga Hisahide (松永 久秀 Matsunaga Hisahide)
Rank: General of the Miyoshi Three (Vol 3 first half) --> General of the Oda Clan (Vol 3 second half onwards)
Other names: Danjo (壇上 Danjō)
A practitioner of witchcraft, she is also called "The Witch of Civil Wars" and can change her smoking pipe into a spear or a sword and can use teleportation and illusion magic. She is despised by most of Japan's daimyos due to her mysterious witchcraft. As a result of being hated, she allied with the only group of people who would have her - the Miyoshi Three - and sought to burn the country to the ground. During the Battle at Kiyomizu Temple, however, Danjo recognized that many of Nobuna's allies were people like her, hated and with no place in the country. Finally finding people who would accept her, she surrendered and joined the Oda faction as a strategist. Danjo believes that Nobuna will have to become a "demon" to unite Japan and temporarily attempted to steer her in that direction, much to the disapproval of Nobuna's other retainers. However, she is genuinely loyal to Nobuna and respects her dreams.
Saito Dousan (斎藤 道三 Saitō Dōsan)
Other names: Viper of Mino (美濃の蝮 Mino no Mamushi)
The Daimyo of Mino. Known as the Viper of Mino, he is a politically ambitious man. Originally, he wanted to start a war with Nobuna but after hearing her dreams and Yoshiharu explanation of what he will be known in the future, he allies with the Oda faction by making Nobuna his heir. Unfortunately, this angered his son Yoshitatsu who launches a rebellion against him, forcing Dōsan, his daughter Kichō and Mitsuhide to exile to Owari. After the defeat of his son, however, he was able to retake his position as Daimyo of Mino. As a father figure to her, Nobuna cares about Dōsan who she considers her stepfather.
- June 24, 2014: Volume 10 Chapter 3 COMPLETED
- August 24, 2014: Jakigan First Seal COMPLETED
- November 30 2014: Jakigan Second Seal COMPLETED
- April 02, 2015: Volume 10 Chapter 4 COMPLETED
- April 09, 2015: Volume 10 Chapter 5 COMPLETED
- June 26, 2015: Volume 1 Afterword COMPLETED
Older updates can be found on the Oda Nobuna no Yabou updates page.
Those who wish to contribute are asked to first notify a supervisor beforehand.
Translators are asked to register which chapters they're working on
Every chapter (after editing) must conform to the general format guidelines.
All edited translations are to be done in British English (Akuma's note: Volume 1 will be in British English for now, the rest of the volumes can stay as per Tarmade's format of American English. They will be changed eventually by me when I get to TLCing them).
Some of these chapters are translations of the Chinese edition of the novels, which are known to have some minor mistakes compared to the original Japanese text. If you have access to the originals and you spot an error, please feel free to make the corrections yourself - this is a Wiki which means it's meant for anyone to fix things (and if you screw up, we can revert back your changes if all deem necessary). We can see the corrections you make, so just go ahead instead of hiding or waiting for permission.
Feedback about this series in the forum
The 'Oda Nobuna no Yabou' series by Kasuga Mikage
Volume 1 (Full Text)
Volume 2 (Full Text)
Volume 3 (Full Text)
- Novel Illustrations
- Chapter 1 Oda Nobuna, marching to Kyo!
- Chapter 2 Sakai, the free city of gold
- Chapter 3 The Dissection of Nambanji
- Chapter 4 Yoshiharu vs. Mitsuhide, specialty competition!
- Chapter 5 Defender of Kyoto, Akechi Mitsuhide
- Chapter 6 QUEEN OF ZIPANG
- Chapter 7 Target: Kanegasaki
Volume 4 (Full Text)
Volume 5 (Full Text)
Volume 6 (Full Text)
- Novel Illustrations
- Chapter 1 Sagara Yoshiharu, Becoming the Harem's King
- Chapter 2 Construction of Castle Azuchi, Revolt of Honbyō Temple
- Chapter 3 Training at Imai Sōkyū's Residence
- Chapter 4 Entering Ōsaka Honbyō Temple
- Chapter 5 Intercultural Namban Soccer Incident
- Chapter 6 The Night Before the Battle of Honbyō Temple
- Chapter 7 Struggle for Sagara Yoshiharu (Part 1)
- Chapter 8 Struggle for Sagara Yoshiharu (Part 2)
Volume 7 (Full Text)
- Novel Illustrations
- Chapter 1 Oda Nobuna's Kantou Premarital(?) Trip
- Chapter 2 Akechi Mitsuhide ~Three way shootout~ Love Quarrel
- Chapter 3 Takeda Shingen & The Four Heavenly Kings Combo
- Chapter 4 The Gunshot that No One Expected
- Chapter 5 The Two Demon Lords
- Chapter 6 Death in Odani Castle
- Chapter 7 The Celebration of the Oda Clan
Volume 8 (Full Text)
- Novel Illustrations
- Chapter 1 The Shogun of Letters, Ashikaga Yoshiaki's Plot
- Chapter 2 The Ambition of Kuroda Kanbei
- Chapter 3 Master of Nagahama Castle, Sagara Yoshiharu
- Chapter 4 Battle Start, Capturing of Harima
- Chapter 5 The Future Meeting
- Chapter 6 The Prelude of Chaos
- Chapter 7 Shooting Star
Volume 9 (Full Text)
Spin-Off Volumes by Kasuga Mikage
Jakigan Ryū Masamune
Heaven and Earth and The Princess
- Project Manager: Akuma
INACTIVE (Feel free to bump yourselves back to Active if you're back)
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 1 織田信奈の野望 1(August 15, 2009) ISBN 978-4-7973-5450-8
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 2 織田信奈の野望 2(February 15, 2010) ISBN 978-4-7973-5744-8
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 3 織田信奈の野望 3(March 15, 2010) ISBN 978-4-7973-5875-9
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 4 織田信奈の野望 4(September 15, 2010) ISBN 978-4-7973-6123-0
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 5 織田信奈の野望 5(February 15, 2011) ISBN 978-4-7973-6222-0
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 6 織田信奈の野望 6(June 15, 2011) ISBN 978-4-7973-6442-2
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 7 織田信奈の野望 7(November 15, 2011) ISBN 978-4-7973-6749-2
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 8 織田信奈の野望 8(March 15, 2012) ISBN 978-4-7973-6898-7
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 9 織田信奈の野望 9(July 15, 2012) ISBN 978-4-7973-7000-3
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou Gaiden Jakiganryuu Masamune 織田信奈の野望 外伝 邪気眼竜政宗 (December 15, 2012) ISBN 978-4-7973-7209-0
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 10 織田信奈の野望 10(March 16, 2013) ISBN 978-4-7973-7234-2
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 11 織田信奈の野望 11(April 19, 2014) ISBN 978-4-0471-2970-2
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 12 織田信奈の野望 12(August 20, 2014) ISBN 978-4-04-070290-2
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou 13 織田信奈の野望 13(May 20, 2015) ISBN 978-4040702919