Tokyo Ravens (東京レイヴンズ) is a Japanese light novel written by Kōhei Azano and illustrated by Sumihei. It was adapted into a manga series in 2010. A 24 episode anime adaptation was aired in Japan from October 8, 2013 until March 26, 2014, covering volumes 1 till 9, except some short stories from volumes 4 and 5.
Tokyo Ravens is also available in the following languages:
- 1 Story Synopsis
- 2 Series Information
- 3 Character Introductions
- 4 Translation
- 5 Updates
- 6 Tokyo Ravens by Kōhei Azano
- 6.1 Volume 1 - SHAMAN*CLAN (Full Text)
- 6.2 Volume 2 - RAVEN's NEST (Full Text)
- 6.3 Volume 3 - cHImAirA DanCE (Full Text)
- 6.4 Volume 4 - GIRL RETURN & days in nest I (Full Text)
- 6.5 Volume 5 - days in nest II & GIRL AGAIN (Full Text)
- 6.6 Volume 6 - Black Shaman ASSAULT (Full Text)
- 6.7 Volume 7 - _DARKNESS_EMERGE_ (Full Text)
- 6.8 Volume 8 - over-cry (Full Text)
- 6.9 Volume 9 - to The DarkSky (Full Text)
- 6.10 Volume 10 - BEGINS/TEMPLE (Full Text)
- 6.11 Volume 11 - change:unchange (Full Text)
- 6.12 Volume 12 - Junction of STARs
- 6.13 Volume 13 - COUNT>DOWN
- 7 Side Stories
- 8 Project Staff
- 9 Series Overview
Tsuchimikado Harutora was born into a prestigious Onmyouji family, but he cannot see "spirit energy". Therefore, he's been enjoying a peaceful daily life with his friends at an ordinary high school. One day, his childhood friend Tsuchimikado Natsume, heir to the main family, suddenly appears. Will this cause his destiny to spring into motion!?
- From MangaUpdates and edited
- Genre: Action, Romance, Comedy, Supernatural
- Original Title: 東京レイヴンズ
- Author: Kōhei Azano
- Illustrator: Sumihei
- Published Volumes: 1-12, EX 1-2
- Series Status: Ongoing
|Attention! Possible spoilers.|
Harutora Tsuchimikado (土御門 春虎)
The main protagonist and the son of the branch family of Tsuchimikado clan. Despite being born into a distinguished Onmyouji family, he has no magical powers. He had been living a normal and laid back life seeing that he could not accomplish anything without any magical powers. When he was young, he made a promise with Natsume to become her shikigami and protect her. After witnessing the death of Hokuto, he became Natsume's shikigami to keep his promise he made to her many years ago. He seems to have some sort of 'Bad luck' which he considers an ancient curse passed down by his ancestors.
Natsume Tsuchimikado (土御門 夏目)
Harutora's childhood friend and the daughter of the main family of Tsuchimikado clan. She is a prodigal onmyouji attending school in Tokyo. During summer break, she comes to Harutora's town to interrupt his peaceful life by holding him to the promise he made long ago to become her familiar. She is heir to the Tsuchimikado family and is assumed to be the reincarnation of Yakou Tsuchimikado. As a family tradition, she has to present herself as male in front of other Onmyouji families. She has a Gohou-Type shikigami called Hokuto, a true dragon spirit that has served the main family of Tsuchimikados for generations. She deeply cares about her family reputation and holds the burden of being the next heir of the Tsuchimikado clan.
Harutora's childhood friend. She was close to Harutora and got really jealous when Harutora was kissed by Suzuka. During his next encounter with Suzuka, she sacrifices herself to save Harutora from Suzuka's shikigami Tsuchigumo, revealing herself to be a shikigami. Hokuto's 'death' was what prompted Harutora to become Natsume's shikigami. She shares her name with another shikigami called Hokuto, a dragon.
Touji Ato (阿刀 冬児)
A former delinquent and Harutora's best friend from school. He is capable of special spirit sensing and has a vast knowledge on Onmyoudou. He was a victim to the Spiritual Disaster from two years ago. Harutora's doctor father treated him although the after-effects remained. He realized way before Harutora that Natsume was the one who conjured Hokuto. He enrolled the Onmyou Academy in Tokyo along with Harutora. He usually helps Harutora whenever he gets in trouble. He is always seen wearing a green bandanna.
Suzuka Dairenji (大連寺 鈴鹿)
The youngest of the Twelve Divine Generals nicknamed "the Prodigy". She is a wanted criminal for researching and using forbidden magic. She comes to town searching for Natsume to make her as an offering in a Taizan Fukun Ritual to revive her brother. She researched on Yakou Tsuchimikado and his Taizan Fukun Ritual in order to bring her brother back to life. This leads her into conflict with the Onmyou Agency.
Harutora's shikigami. A diminutive silver-fox spirit who wears miko-like clothing and wields a wakazashi. She has been by Harutora's side since the moment he became Natsume's shikigami, but due to his low spiritual power and awareness, he was unable to hear or see her. A rare Gohou-type shikigami, she possesses independent thought and actions and is fiercely loyal to her master, and even gets jealous when Harutora associates with other girls. She has served the Tsuchimikado clan since a long time.
Kyouko Kurahashi (倉橋 京子)
The Granddaughter of the director of the Onmyo Prep School and heir to the Kurahashi family. She is part of the top students in the school and one of only 3 known students to possess a Gohou-Type shikigami which consists of two Yaksha demon class warriors called Hakuou & Kokfuu. Initially she appears antagonistic towards Harutora (and by extension Natsume) due suspicion of using his family's fame and status of being Natsume's shikigami to suddenly enroll directly into the elite academy at mid semester.
Tenma Momoe (百枝 天馬)
A classmate that befriend Harutora and Touji during their first day at academy. He ended up unwitting involved in the Yakou Disciple incident when he was caught in attack from a shikigami called a Kodoku meant for Harutora. He however resolved himself to help Harutora rescue Natsume after listening his request. Since then, Tenma has been drawn in various events related to the cult despite his somewhat cowardly nature. He is quite knowledgeable on various info relating to current events of the Onmyodo world at large and sometimes helps Harutora catch up with his studies by lending him his notebook.
Every chapter (after editing) must conform to the general format guidelines.
Translators are asked to Register the chapters they want to work on.
If you enjoyed the translation, why don't you tell us at the Feedback Thread.
- 25 September, 2014 - Side Story: 'The Lost Girl with a Cat' Completed
- 19 September, 2014 - Volume 11 Chapter 5 Completed (Volume 11 Completed)
- 23 August, 2014 - Volume 11 Chapter 4 Completed
- 18 July, 2014 - EX2 'Christmas Eve Rendezvous' Completed
Older updates can be found on the Tokyo Ravens Updates page.
Tokyo Ravens by Kōhei Azano
Volume 4 - GIRL RETURN & days in nest I (Full Text)
Volume 5 - days in nest II & GIRL AGAIN (Full Text)
Volume 13 - COUNT>DOWN
Volume EX1 party in nest
Volume EX2 seasons in nest
BD Side Stories
- Project Manager: Lygophile
This list represents the users I (lygophile) would like to thank for their substantial editing of the project. Thanks to all editors, including those not listed.
- Tokyo Ravens 01 SHAMAN*CLAN (May 20, 2010, ISBN 978-4-8291-3519-8)
- Tokyo Ravens 02 RAVEN's NEST (September 18, 2010, ISBN 978-4-8291-3552-5)
- Tokyo Ravens 03 cHImAirA DanCE (December 18, 2010, ISBN 978-4-8291-3592-1)
- Tokyo Ravens 04 GIRL RETURN & days in nest I (May 20, 2011, ISBN 978-4-8291-3637-9)
- Tokyo Ravens 05 days in nest II & GIRL AGAIN (July 20, 2011, ISBN 978-4-8291-3657-7)
- Tokyo Ravens 06 Black Shaman ASSAULT (October 20, 2011, ISBN 978-4-8291-3688-1)
- Tokyo Ravens 07 _DARKNESS_EMERGE_ (May 19, 2012, ISBN 978-4-8291-3757-4)
- Tokyo Ravens 08 over-cry (October 20, 2012, ISBN 978-4-8291-3809-0)
- Tokyo Ravens 09 to The DarkSky (March 19, 2013, ISBN 978-4-8291-3865-6)
- Tokyo Ravens 10 BEGINS/TEMPLE (October 19, 2013, ISBN 978-4-0471-2911-5)
- Tokyo Ravens 11 change:unchange (April 19, 2014, ISBN 978-4-0407-0087-8)
- Tokyo Ravens 12 Junction of STARs (November 20, 2014, ISBN 978-4-04-070139-4)
- Tokyo Ravens 13 COUNT>DOWN (March 20, 2015, ISBN 978-4-04-070524-8)